Why Is Being A Lukewarm Christian The Normal Thing To Do These Days
by John Arrington
Free to Share
Author requests article critique
Free to Share
Author requests article critique
Today's generation you either have to be a non Christian or a lukewarm Christian to get along with people at school, college and at your job. Because we better not say anything about Jesus with anyone. They might think we are crazy and might not want to be seen hanging around with us anymore.
I was awaken about 4 am from a deep sleep with this Article on my mind and I had to write it down so I could share it with the world.
Christians today living a life of lukewarmness, makes God sick to His stomach that He actually "throws up" you can read this in (Revelation 3:16)
16. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue (vomit) thee out of my mouth.
What this verse is actually saying is this, When we try to hide our Christianity from everyone because we are ashamed of the Gospel. Because we fear what our friends around us might think about us. It makes God sick.
Listen , we can't straddle the fence wanting both worlds, wanting God and the riches and being popular in the world.
Being lukewarm is like, going swimming and not getting wet. The truth is we are either standing on the bank and totally dry or you are swimming in the water and soaking wet.
Do you think people want to play make believe with you? That you think some how you are suspended between two worlds. You need to stop trying to fake it, and get real with yourself and others around you.
But you say? Who are you? You don't understand me, no one understands me. That there is so much peer pressure these days, to be cool with other people in my school and at my job. I would say to you, No my friend, I do understand how you feel. I am 56 years old. And I think you are looking at it the wrong way. You don't understand the seriousness of not being the real you.
The truth is. You are either real or double minded. You are either lost or saved. There is no middle ground when it comes to God. That is what God said, in His word the Bible. When God spues someone out of His mouth, they are not saved. And they will not be going to Heaven. I can not go to sleep, until I get my life right before God. I want to be real with Him from now on.
You are living your life as a clown. You appear to be something on the outside, but you are totally a different person on the inside. And the saddest part about it is, you know you are screaming out from within, that this is not the real you. And you want to change the way your life is heading.
This message is not a popular message with people today. People will actually try to avoid you when you share this message with them. Because it reveals the lie that they have been living and playing for so long. They are comfortable living this way, until we revealed lie that they are living.
God has drawn a line in the sands of time. We all have to choose which side of the line we will stand on. I am either for God or I am against Him. Choose this day who you will serve. God is not playing a game with us, when He said in (Revelation 3:16) a person who lives a life of being lukewarm makes him sick to His stomach. We can't straddle the fence any more because we don't want people to avoid us and think we are weird or something.
This message of being lukewarm, is also for the Pastors and believers who are taking part in these rich churches of today, known in (Revelation 3:14-22) as the rich church of Laodicea. You know the ones, the ones who preach that you sow a seed of money to their church, and you will receive a blessing of wealth from God in return, for your giving. This is known today as the prosperity gospel. The gospel of greed. "Seeker Friendly" Churches of today. They are every where. Flooding our land. And they are all over TV world wide. Taking money from the children of God in the name of Jesus.
In (Revelation 3:14-22) we read about the Church Of Laodicea - Today. The money hungry Churches of today.
14. And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;
15. I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
16. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
17. Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
18. I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eye-salve, that thou mayest see.
19. As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
20. Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
21. To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
22. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
We as Born Again Believers can't serve the riches of this world and God at the same time. We all will either hate one and love the other. Or we will love one and hate the other. You can't serve two masters at the same time. You can't love the wealth of this world and love God at the same time. That is what Jesus is Warning us about today.
PLEASE ENCOURAGE AUTHOR, LEAVE COMMENT ON ARTICLE
Read more articles by John Arrington or search for other articles by topic below.
Search for articles on: (e.g. creation; holiness etc.)Read more by clicking on a link:
Main Site Articles
Most Read Articles
Highly Acclaimed Challenge Articles.
New Release Christian Books for Free for a Simple Review.
NEW - Surprise Me With an Article - Click here for a random URL
God is Not Against You - He Came on an All Out Rescue Mission to Save You
...in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them... 2 Cor 5:19
Therefore, my friends, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. Acts 13:38
LEARN & TRUST JESUS HERE
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.