THE FOLLOWING LIST SUGGESTS THINGS TO PRAY FOR OR ABOUT. THERE IS ENOUGH HERE TO KEEP ANYONE BUSY FOR A LONG TIME!
I believe that our first obligation is to pray for ourselves that we may be the kind of people that walk close enough to God that our prayers might be effective and according to His will. When we pray for others we need to pray from the innermost depths of our being under the direction of the Holy Spirit and in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Our prayers should be very specific - more than "Lord please bless this person!" Although God knows our needs I think he would like us to express them clearly.
Here then is a list that should keep us busy!
1. All those who are closest to us. Spouses, children, fathers, mothers, grandparents, aunts, uncles, nephews, neices, in-laws and grandchldren.
2. Our neighbors saved and unsaved. Perhaps they have nobody else to pray for them, and their salvation and worldly provision is as equally important as anyone.
3. Our spiritual leaders (not just pastors) who have input into our lives and the lives of our children and grandchildren. What they sow into each life is vitally important.
4. Our children's friends who influence them on a daily basis. We need to pray that our childen will be influencing them more than their friends are influencing them, especially if their friends are unsaved and hold to ungodly practices and ideas.
5. Our U. S. President, the House of Representatives, the Supreme Court and the Senate. All our national leaders at all levels of government including local officials.
6. The Leaders of all the governments of the world especially where the gospel is supressed that they would be opened up to the spread of the gospel.
7. The leaders and owners of the News Media, Music Industry, Porn Industry, Entertainment Industry (movies and games), and National business leaders.
8. All public education systems including Grade Schools, High Schools, Colleges and Universities, Christian and Religious Schools, and all Home Schooling Parents.
9. All religions and cults that reject the Deity of Jesus Christ and the message of the gospel. Some names of highly visible groups would be Humanists, Universalists,Buddhists, Muslims, Roman Catholics, Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormons, and Christian Science Practitioners. Other groups would include all other Eastern Mystical Religions, Satanists, Atheists, Witches and Warlocks, Scientology Followers, Spiritists, Hare Krishnas, and Followers of New Age Philosophy.
10. Anyone else not found on this list that the Lord leads you to pray for.
We can invest a short time or an extended time in prayer and that time would be wasted if we do not pray from our hearts under the direction of the Holy Spirit. I believe we must seek the Spirit of God to intercede through us if we are to pray aright.
PLEASE ENCOURAGE AUTHOR, LEAVE COMMENT ON ARTICLE
Read more articles by Rick Shaffer or search for other articles by topic below.
Search for articles on: (e.g. creation; holiness etc.)Read more by clicking on a link:
Main Site Articles
Most Read Articles
Highly Acclaimed Challenge Articles.
New Release Christian Books for Free for a Simple Review.
God is Not Against You - He Came on an All Out Rescue Mission to Save You
...in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them... 2 Cor 5:19
Therefore, my friends, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. Acts 13:38
LEARN & TRUST JESUS HERE
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.
This is a great list! Thanks so much for sharing all these folks to pray for that we might not think of on our own.
This article has been read 381 times < Previous | Next >