DADDY'S KISS - (Mark 7:32-35)
“Then they brought to Him one who was deaf and had an impediment in his speech, and they begged Him to put His hand on him. And He took him aside from the multitude, and put His fingers in his ears, and he spat and touched his tongue. Then, looking up to heaven, He sighed, and said to him, “Ephatha”, that is, “Be opened”.
Immediately, his ears were opened, and the impediment of his tongue was loosed, and he spoke plainly.” (NKJV)
Here was a man whose life was dramatically transformed when he met Jesus. He had lived with a double disability all his life as he was unable to speak or hear. In an era devoid of multi-media, he lived in a silent, empty world, separated from reality, isolated from people with whom he could not effectively communicate. Life was a monotonous, dry routine of daily dependence on his family, until they took him one day to see Jesus who was visiting their town. His siblings had heard and seen Jesus minister the day before. They saw the power flow, as He touched and healed the multitudes. They were convinced that if He laid His hand upon their brother, he would be healed. They were right!
The heart of Jesus always flows with compassion. He was probably surrounded by a crowd of people seeking His ministry, but he still focused on the specific needs of this man. He wants to do the same for you today as you seek a breakthrough miracle in your life.
Let us look at what Jesus did for this man.
1) Jesus took the man aside. Firstly, He wanted to focus on what the Father was saying to Him, and what He needed to believe and speak into the body of this man. Secondly, He took this man away from the crowd around him, who could have hindered his miracle with doubt and unbelief. To experience the miracle anointing of Jesus flowing through us to touch the lives of people around us, we need to focus on Jesus, on His Word and His presence. This fills us with faith for miracles. The same is true for those who are awaiting a miracle in their lives. People you spend time with can either make or break your faith.
2) Jesus put His fingers in the man’s ears. Through His touch, Jesus released the healing anointing into the ear canals of the deaf man. It was creative, restoring power which did whatever was necessary to bring back his hearing. Jesus imparted the same healing power upon His disciples as they lay hands on the sick in His name (Mark 16: 18).
3) Jesus spat and touched the man’s tongue. Human saliva is said to contain healing properties, but the saliva of Jesus was probably like dynamite! It was like powerful healing medicine which began an instant work as it mingled with the man’s own saliva. It was like mouth to mouth resuscitation, bringing life where there was death, causing that tongue to work. It was a kiss from God. Just as a mother might kiss her child better when he or she is hurt, Daddy God placed a kiss on this man, and he was healed! Life and death truly are in the power of the tongue!
4) Jesus sighed/breathed out/exhaled. This was pneuma, the breath of God, touching the man. Apart from the breath of God - the moving of the precious Spirit, there is no healing or sense of His presence. May you experience the breath of God upon you, as you worship Jesus and expect your miracle!
5) Jesus spoke the healing word with authority. He commanded the tongue and ears of the man to ‘be opened’. This was the final step necessary to bring this miracle to manifestation. Everything else Jesus did had “set the stage” and the Word shook it all into place. As He said ‘be opened’, every hindrance and impediment shifted. Matter bowed to the Master, as cells and tissues began to realign and reform, and nerve endings began to live and reconnect. There was a ringing inside his head as the man suddenly realized that he could hear! He probably felt sounds straining and bursting against his vocal chords as words began to tumble over each other to be spoken! It would normally have been impossible for this man who had never spoken to articulate sounds and words and speak clearly, especially because he had never heard either. However, all things are possible with God, who overrides the natural, and does the supernatural. He is the God of miracles!
Friend, every blessing you want to see manifested in your life is possible if you believe that God wants to bless you, and that He can. He may not always do things the way you expect (the man may not have been too delighted about Jesus touching his tongue with His saliva!), but the end result is always perfect and powerful and an answer to prayer. Whatever you seek to have in your life, know today that it can and will come to pass, as you believe the Word of Jesus.
I believe that Daddy wants to place a healing kiss on many of His hurting kids today, and make them whole, physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually. He also wants to open spiritual ears that never heard His voice, and loosen tongues that have never sung His praises or spoken His Word. In these last days, the blood of Jesus is breaking the power of the deaf and dumb spirit from the body of Christ, as they begin to hear and see in the Spirit, and walk in the prophetic anointing which Daddy God wants to pour out upon their lives. There is no limit to what God can do!
May all the power that is resident in Daddy’s kiss be upon you today. May you see lives touched and changed through you. May you experience the breath of God bringing miracles to completion in your life as you surrender to the sweet Holy Spirit and hear His voice saying “Be opened”, in Jesus’ name, Amen!
Minoli Haththotuwa, 31 May 2011
PLEASE ENCOURAGE AUTHOR, LEAVE COMMENT ON ARTICLE
Read more articles by Minoli Haththotuwa or search for other articles by topic below.
Search for articles on: (e.g. creation; holiness etc.)Read more by clicking on a link:
Main Site Articles
Most Read Articles
Highly Acclaimed Challenge Articles.
New Release Christian Books for Free for a Simple Review.
NEW - Surprise Me With an Article - Click here for a random URL
God is Not Against You - He Came on an All Out Rescue Mission to Save You
...in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them... 2 Cor 5:19
Therefore, my friends, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. Acts 13:38
LEARN & TRUST JESUS HERE
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.