All of what is asked here could apply to both young men and women, but I am specifically writing to men here. More specifically, I am addressing Christian men between the ages of 20 to 30, because this is the age group when a person's beliefs really start to play out in real life, either positively or negatively, particularly in marriage, relationships, and overall spiritual and emotional growth. The answers to these following questions do not all happen quickly; they may take a long span of time, but sadly, sometimes they are given little or no attention at all. The degree to which you spend grappling with these questions, can determine the degree to which you experience success in life, in marriage and family, and in overal spiritual and emotional maturity. It would be beneficial to spend time with these areas of assessment as early as possible, to avoid possible negative consequences, confusion and frustration later in life.
How many of you Christian young men have:
1. A clear and biblical understanding of, and mindset for, success?
2. Proper concepts of money management, giving, and how it relates to blessing?
3. Biblical and healthy attitudes regarding forgiveness?
4. The belief that a "Christian" marriage will automatically be better just because it is Christian, without the tools and resources to make it work?
5. The thinking that God's will relates more to what you DO as a person, and therefore you have to spend a lot of your life trying to "discover" it?
6. A knowledge of what constitutes a biblical and healthy self-esteem?
7. A knowledge of what is required to build a solid and successful marrige?
8. Some knowledge of how to identify and deal with emotional issues in your lives and the lives of others, particularly your spouse?
9. Some knowledge of how to study the Bible and interpret it properly?
10. A mindset to faithfully be a part of good local church, what to look for in a healthy church, and right reasons for attending?
11. Some understanding of your uniqueness, abilities, and spritual gifts?
12. A knowledge of what you believe and why you believe it?
If you died today, are you absolutely certain that you would go to heaven? You can be! TRUST JESUS NOW
Read more articles by John Clark or search for articles on the same topic or others.