Iím grateful to be back to share more on the topic of Visions. What Iím going to do is share what the bible teaches clearly about How God brings about a vision. Visions are manifested a number of ways. If we do a careful study we will see how spectacular and how simple visions are. It really doesnít matter how spectacular one may be over the other because all supernatural manifestations are important in Godsí eyes.
Remember, itís God who chooses to speak to you in the manner which He desires, our responsibility is to know how and what to do after He speaks to us thru the avenue of visions. So letís not settle for just one way that God will work. I do not put God in a box. The bible doesnít either.
A Dream (One Way God Gives Visions)
1. A Dream Ė is a vision in the night. In its definition. So although a supernatural dream from God happens in the night while you are sleeping with your eyes closed. You will see something spectacular.
2. Joseph Maryís husband to be was stressed out about Mary being pregnant and the supernatural story he heard from her that an Angel told her she was the chosen virgin to bring forth the Messiah. What would you do if you heard this? God knew Joseph needed some supernatural assurance so God grants Joseph a dream with a clear vision to follow His divine plan to marry Mary and to name the child Jesus and to raise the child (Matt. 1:18-25). To move to Egypt (Matt.2:13-15). To move back to Israel a few years later (Matt. 2:13-15).
3. Elihu told Job and his 3 friends that God does speak through dreams in a vision of the night Indeed God speaks once, or twice, yet no one notices it. In a dream, a vision of the night, when sound sleep falls on men, while they slumber in their beds, then He opens the ears of men, and seals their instruction that He(God) may turn man aside from his conduct, and keep man from pride; He keeps back his soul from the pit and his life from perishing by the sword (Job 33:14-18 KJV, NAS, NIV)
4. Note: What Elihu pointed out to Job and his 3 friends is exactly how God spoke to Joseph through a dream and how God moved Joseph to be in line with His will. Joseph did not want to marry Mary thru the dream God assured Joseph that what Mary was experiencing was true and He was a great part of the plan. Then later on God kept Joseph from perishing by the sword of Herod, thatís why he had to move to Egypt then after Herod died Joseph moved back to Israel.
An Audible Voice (Second Way to Receive a Vision from God)
1. An Audible Voice- is another way that we can receive a vision.
2. Remember Samuel the little boy who worked in the temple for the high priest Eli. Well, the bible says, Now the boy Samuel ministered to the Lord before Eli. The word of the Lord was rare and precious in those days; there was no frequent or widely spread vision (1 Sam.3:1 AMP). And the lamp of God had not yet gone out, and Samuel was lying down in the temple of the Lord where the ark of God was, that the Lord called Samuel; and he said here I am. Then he ran to Eli and said, here I am, for you called me. But he said, I did not call, lie down again. So he went and lay down. The Lord called yet again, Samuel! So Samuel arose and went to Eli and said, Here I am, for you called me. But he answered, I did not call, my son, lie down again. Now Samuel did not yet know the Lord, nor had the word of the Lord yet been revealed to him. (1 Sam.3:3-7 NAS)
3. The point of the story with Samuelís calling on his life through a vision by an audible voice is one amazing encounter that Samuel wasnít aware of. Like many Christians today they hear voices but fail to discern that itís from God. Read 1 Samuel Chapter 3 with the entire story of how God was calling him. The biblical fact is that audible voices are classified as the word of the Lord and visions, according to 1 Samuel chapter 3.
4. I know bible scholars may wrestle with this so let me easy your mind with New Testament facts; Jesus said, I have yet many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. How be it when He, the Spirit of Truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for He shall not speak of Himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall He speak: and He will show you things to come (John 16:12-13)
5. Notice, how Jesus connects supernatural guidance by speaking and showing the believer the things they need to know to do Godís will. Paul confirmed this in (1 Corinthians 2:9-16).
6. Peter experienced this kind of guidance (Acts 10:19-20). Philip also (Acts 8:29). Nathan did as well (2 Sam. 7:4-17).There are more examples but you got the point.
The Word of God (The Third way we receive a Vision)
1. A vision may come to us when we read the word of God (The Holy Bible).
2. Godís word came to the prophets and they were instructed to write the vision of the Lord down (Hab.2:2-3) (Jer.45:1) (Nahum 1:1) (Isa.1:1) Peter pointed this out (2 Peter 1:20-21) Paul pointed this out (Rom.15:4)
3. Daniel received divine revelation through scripture (the book of Jeremiah) when Jeremiah predicted the fall of Jerusalem by the Babylonians and the 70 years of captivity. Daniel was trying to rightly divide and carefully interpret the time line for God to move and allow Israel to be released from the captivity (Dan.9:1-3).
4. In Danielís quest to receive further vision and revelation from God through Jeremiahís prophecies. Daniel prayed and fasted and Gabriel appeared to him in an OPEN VISION
and clarified the prophecies of Jeremiah and gave him further revelation of the End Times (Dan.9:21-27).
Note: That to gain greater insight of scripture bible college is not going to cut it! Fasting and praying is going to take you there supernaturally. This is why I teach the way I do, I follow Danielís example and Jesusí example prayer and fasting always gets the job done. I like to be a Daniel, Paul and Peter type of servant power packed and filled with the revelation of God through scripture.
An Open Vision (The Fourth Way we receive Visions)
1. A vision may come to us through an Open Vision. An open vision is a vision one may encounter when they are fully awake and aware of their surroundings going about their daily duties an all of a sudden an Angel or Jesus Himself may appear give a message then disappear into thin air.
2. Zacharias experienced an open vision at the temple (Luke 1:11-25)
3. Mary experienced an open vision at her home (Luke 1:26-38)
4. Daniel experienced an open vision (Dan.9:21-23)
5. Cornelius experienced an open vision during prayer and he wasnít even saved or born again yet, but in the vision it was revealed to him what he needed to do to be saved (Acts 10:1-8)
6. Mary Magdalene experienced an open vision (John 20:14-16)
7. The two disciples on the road to Emmaus had an open vision (Luke 24:13-31)
8. Manoah and his wife (Samsonís parents) experienced an open vision (Judges 13:2-25)
A Spiritual Vision (The Fifth way we can receive a Vision)
1. A Spiritual vision is a vision when your eyes are physically shut or blind, but you can see the supernatural being or some kind of manifestation right in front of you with your spiritual eyes. (Remember we have a human spirit thatís born again and when we physically died and go to heaven we will see through our spiritual eyes into the invisible world of heaven).
2. Paul experienced this kind of vision when he was on the road to Damascus to persecute more Christians God supernaturally knocked him down and he was physically blinded but he saw Jesus with his spiritual eyes (Acts 9:1-8)
A Trance (The Sixth way we can receive a Vision)
1. A trance is when a person is unaware of whatís around them yet they are conscious of what they are seeing in the spirit world or the invisible realm.
2. Peter fell into a trance and saw a vision (Acts 10:10-11)
3. Paul fell into a trance and saw the Lord (Acts 22:17-18)
4. They both were in prayer during these experiences see what we miss when we donít pray.
A Servant of God (The Seventh way we can receive a Vision)
1. Eli and his sons were in disobedience. God spoke to Samuel. Eli knew this, and demanded Samuel to tell him the vision although Samuel was afraid to tell him (1 Sam. 3 )
2. David desired to build a temple for the ark of God. Nathan encouraged him to build it. But that same night God spoke to Nathan and told him David wonít build the temple but his son (Solomon) will build it (2 Sam. 7:1-29).
3. Note: We must be sensitive to other servants who may have a true vision from God about us and our plans for the future. But exercising caution we must examine it and wait for God to confirm it or wait and let it play out to see if itís true. Or if itís a simple word to get right with God then we should repent and get right with God. As for Eli and his sons they did not listen and they died. Samuel told them what God will do.
A Crisis (The Eight way to receive a Vision)
Nehemiah heard the sad news about Godís people living in ruins. He prayed and fasted confessed the sins of Godís people. God showed him that he was in a position to do something about it. Nehemiah prayed further and God laid the wisdom in his heart to carry out the vision and mission of rebuilding the wall in Jerusalem (Nehemiah Chapters 1&2). It took a crisis situation for a man of God to pray about it to capture a vision from God to do something about it.
This is all for part 2 of visions tomorrow God willing I will share part 3 what to do when you get a vision.
I hope that you enjoyed this teaching and you need to read part one to better understand this in part 2.
God bless you in Jesusí name.
If you died today, are you absolutely certain that you would go to heaven? You can be! TRUST JESUS NOW
Read more articles by Manuel Vargas or search for articles on the same topic or others.