II Thessalonians 2: 1-12 is a set of scriptures everyone in the body of Christ must read, absorb, meditate on and go forth and teach these scriptures to the masses (our very souls are at stake). For years we have been taught in church that the day of Christ is at hand, that he could come at any moment we all know of the ‘rapture’ and have seen the TV movies, “Left Behind”. If you can pinch your flesh when the Lord Jesus comes back, you will not see him, for the bible says we shall be like him, God is a SPIRIT! You have to transform in a moment in a twinkling of an eye if you're going to see the Lord Jesus! Flesh can not enter the Kingdom of Heaven.
However II Thessalonians chapter 2 says: (1) Now we beseech you brethren by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and by our gathering together unto him.
(2) That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word nor by letter as from us, as that day of Christ is at hand.
(3) Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition.
In this scripture the bible admonishes us as bodies of believers to let no man deceive us, that the day of Christ shall not come, until there is a falling away FIRST, and the that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition. Scripture goes on further to say:
(4) Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
In this scripture the bible says this son of perdition will exalt himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped, and he will sit in the temple shewing himself as though he is God. (People will believe this is the Lord Jesus!)
(5) Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things.
Paul is telling the Thessalonians that when he was with them he told them of these things.
(6) And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
(7) For the mystery of iniquity doeth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
(8) And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming
9) Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all POWER, and SIGNS, and LYING WONDERS. (This is the lie, he is not the Lord Jesus, this is the son of perdition—know the difference)
(10) And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish: because THEY RECEIVED NOT THE TRUTH, that they might be saved.
(11) And for this cause (Because they received not the TRUTH) GOD SHALL SEND THEM STRONG DELUSION, THAT THEY SHOULD BELIEVE A LIE.
In this scripture God is saying if you believe that the son of perdition is really the Lord Jesus Christ, because you this and because you believe in the son of perditions power, signs and lying wonders that he is performing it is because you don't know the truth. And because you don't know the truth God Himself will send you strong delusion, that you will believe that the son of perdition is actually the son of God! It is up to us to study the word of God so that we will know who is before us and we will not follow the son of perdition. You don't have to believe me take out your bibles and study the scripture for yourself, your very soul is dependent on it!(Study brothers and Sisters, study the word of God!)
(12) That they all might be damned who believe not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
The bible asks us to study, to show ourselves approved, not listen to the TV Evangelist, but study to show OURSELVES approved, a workman who needed not be ashamed RIGHTLY dividing the word of truth (The bible!). Do not be deceived my beloved brothers and sisters, the scripture says that God will send you strong delusion.
In Matthew 24:23-26 (For further study read Matthew 24- 27-35)
(23) Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
(24) For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great SIGNS and WONDERS, in so much that IF IT WERE POSSIBLE THEY SHALL DECEIVE THE VERY ELECT.
(25) Behold, I have told you before
(26) Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; BELIEVE IT NOT.
Mark 13- 22-23 (for further study read Mark 13- 24-27)
(22) For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible even the elect.
(23) But take ye heed: behold, I have fore told you all things.
Luke 13:8-19 For further reading Luke 21:25:28)
(8) And he said, Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying I am Christ; and the time draweth near: go ye not therefore after them.
(9) But when ye shall hear of wars and commotions, be not terrified: for these things must first come to pass; BUT THE END IS NOT BY AND BY.
(10) Then said he unto them, Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom
(11) And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines and pestilences (disease); and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.
(12) But before all these, they shall lay their hands on you and persecute you delivering you up to the synagogues and into prisons being brought before kings and rulers for my names sake.
(13) And it shall turn to you for a testimony
(14) Settle it therefore in your hearts, not to meditate before what ye shall answer:
(15) For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall be able to gainsay nor resist
(16) And you shall be betrayed both by parents, and brethren, and kinsfolks, and friends, and some of you shall they cause to be put to death.
(17) And ye shall be hated of all men for my names sake
(18) But there shall not an hair of your head perish.
(19) In your patience possess ye your souls.
My beautiful brothers and sisters do not be fooled in the last days. Read the scriptures, meditate on the word of God. Please know that unless the son of perdition be revealed the one standing before you with great signs, and lying wonders is not the Lord Jesus Christ, he is the son of perdition.
Read and study to know the difference share the word of God (The Holy Bible) with your family and friends in the body of Christ do not be fooled. Know the truth, do not believe something simply because a preacher, a teacher, or an evangelist is saying it, know the truth for yourself in Jesus Name I pray!
To God be the Glory for the things He has done!
Read more articles by Lisa Thomas or search for articles on the same topic or others.
Yes Lisa, the 'pre-trib rapture' gurus such as Tim LaHaye and Hal Lindsey, will have much to answer for in the Day of Judgment(James 3:1), and the vast, vast, VAST majority of evangelicals who have believed the lie and taught others to believe it as well.......... Judgment comes, and how few of God's people are ready.......... - "All that can be shaken, will be shaken,... from the least to the greatest,... the small to the mighty. Who will stand? Yes indeed,... who will be left standing? How few have listened,... how few have believed My report," says the Lord!