Solid marriages are built on emotional attachment or intimacy. These elements may take a life time to build, but failure to work at these will, by default, lead to barriers instead of bridges. Even "Christian" marriages may not succeed if there is no emotional attachment. Consider the following barriers and bridges:
BARRIERS TO EMOTIONAL ATTACHMENT
2. Unrealistic expectations.
3. Old fights.
4. New issues.
5. Being demanding.
7. Not listening.
8. Not being "there" for someone.
9. Being overly critical.
10. Living in the emotional past.
12. Being controlling.
13. Lies and deception.
14. Giving unwanted advice.
15. Taking over in a situation, implying the
person is not capable of handling it.
BRIDGES TO EMOTIONAL ATTACHMENT
1. Listening without interrupting.
2. Respecting the other's opinion.
3. Not "butting" into a situation unless
asked to do so.
4. Letting someone's feelings overrule your
6. Getting constructively angry about
something that is adversely effecting the
7. Not wanting to say or do something that
would wound your spouse.
8. Knowing what your spouse feels strongly
10. Extending God's grace to your spouse.
11. Not being critical of what the other
person likes to do.
12. Being forebearing: being patient and
gentle concerning the other person's
weaknesses in body and spirit.
13. Giving gifts for no particular reason.
PLEASE ENCOURAGE AUTHOR BY COMMENTING
LEAVE COMMENT ON ARTICLE
Read more articles by John Clark or search for other articles by topic below.
Read more by clicking on a link:
Main Site Articles
Most Read Articles
Highly Acclaimed Challenge Articles.
New Release Christian Books for Free for a Simple Review.
NEW - Surprise Me With an Article - Click here for a random URL
God is Not Against You - He Came on an All Out Rescue Mission to Save You
...in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them... 2 Cor 5:19
Therefore, my friends, I want you to know that through
Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. Acts 13:38
LEARN & TRUST JESUS HERE
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.
TRUST JESUS TODAY
Free Audio Bible
500 Plus Languages
Faith Comes By Hearing.com