LUKE 11v1 "Lord, teach us to pray as John taught his disciples."
ROMANS 8V26 "In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express."
MATTHEW 6v5-15 The Lord's Prayer
Prayer is key to God's order. We should not be hypocritical, where we don't do things to the gallery. We should rather keep your affairs secret. What we do in secret can be rewarded publicly.
Our prayers should be from the heart. Many words do not move God, the right ones do. Don't heap too much when you can see it in a little. Remember God knows already
There are six types of prayer brought to the fore
“`Our Father in heaven"
- This is the foundational prayer which has God as the basis and focal point. He must be the centre of prayer
1Co. 3:11 For no-one can lay any foundation other than the one already
laid, which is Jesus Christ.
- The Acts Church was built on apostolic prayer. That's why they refused to move away from prayer to waiting on tables
Acts 6:4 "...and will give our attention to prayer and the ministry of the
- Paul says the Church is built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets
Ep. 2:19-20 Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and aliens, but
fellow-citizens with God’s people and members of God’s household, built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone.
- Apostolic prayer is like a house built on a rock that cannot be moved by storms
Lk. 6:48 He is like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid the foundation on rock. When the flood came, the torrent struck that house but could not shake it, because it was well built.
- We need Apostolic Prayer that originates from God and is based on God
"Give us today our daily bread. Forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors."
This is the prayer that speaks forth about the "daily bread"
- Prayer must call things from the future perfect into the present.
Jesus reminds us that He is the Daily Bread that can sustain our daily need and as such we need a fresh word from Him each day. The Israelites ate fresh manner each day and we too need a fresh prophetic word. This we gain though prophetic prayer
- We need God to daily speak forth about our lives
- Forgiveness is also prophetic as Jesus forgave us before we sinned. We too need to forgive
"Your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven."
God's Kingdom comes through domination of the current set up
- The command Jesus gave was to go out and make disciples for the Kingdom
- This is an evangelistic prayer for the growth of the Kingdom. A mustard seed is the smallest seed but when it grows, it becomes the greatest tree
Matthew 13:32 Though it is the smallest of all your seeds, yet when it grows,it is the largest of garden plants and becomes a tree, so that
the birds of the air come and perch in its branches.”
- When we are delivered from evil's dark hold people are released to His marvellous light
"Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven."
- A declaration is something that has been set up and recognised as being the immovable will of God in two realms
- There is a Kingdom set up here on earth. This type of prayer focuses on a God setup of the heavenly counterpart
- His will must be established here on earth as is in heaven
"Hallowed be Your Name"
Divine speaks of Deity
- His Name is holy both now and evermore. He cannot change and His Name is exalted above all else
Psalms 138v2 "For You have exalted above all things Your Name and Your word.
- Prayeris directed at raising up His Name over all others. There is only one Diine Name and it is the one we must always reverence. Only God deserves the worship
"For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory for ever. Amen."
This is a declaration of fact
- This kind of prayer declares that there are things that belong to God
If you died today, are you absolutely certain that you would go to heaven? You can be! TRUST JESUS NOW
Read more articles by dumi nkomo or search for articles on the same topic or others.