Remember hearing this from your parents when you were growing up: ďDonít touch that! You might break it!Ē As parents, we direct our children to keep their hands off of lots of things when they are young, but they should always be encouraged to touch Jesus. Here is a fun Bible object lesson centered on the story of Jesus healing the woman who touched the hem of His garment and was healed. You can find this passage in Luke 8:40-56.
Hereís what you do:
The objects you will use for this lesson will be an iron, a toaster and a cactus. It would also be helpful to bring in a manís robe to your class. Place all the objects on a table for the children to see.
Ask the following questions to help stimulate discussion:
1. What is this first object? (Point to the iron.) (Wait for response. Proceed to ask the class what the other objects are.)
2. Which of these things is always safe to touch? (Wait for responses and lead the kids to answer the robe.)
3. Why shouldnít we touch the iron, toaster or cactus? (Wait for responses.)
4. Youíre right. These things could hurt you or cause pain.
5. Read the story of Luke 8:40-56.
6. Say the following: The woman in this story knew that it would be OK to touch the hem of Jesusí robe or garment. Letís learn a little more about this interesting story how to live our lives for God. Letís learn 3 important points about this truth.
Point 1: Todayís Bible verse comes from a story that tells of a time when Jesus was on His way to heal a young girl, but was stopped by a woman who was also sick. The woman was able to touch Jesus and she was healed.
Point 2: This story shows us that Jesus is just bursting with goodness. He didnít have a miracle to give just to the young girl whom He was on His way to see, but He had one for the woman as well. Jesusí power has no limits! His goodness constantly gives off sweet perfume just like a beautiful field of flowers.
Point 3: We should be encouraged by this truth. We should be willing to go up to Jesus and touch Him and ask Him for what we need even though He is on His way to help others. God is generous to all His children.
This 3-Point Bible Object Lesson for Kids was inspired by my reading of C.H. Spurgeonís devotional on Luke 8:40-56 from his book Morning and Evening. You too can be inspired by your favorite Christian authors and come up with your own 3-Point Sermon for Kids.
Next, if you liked this Sunday School/Homeschooling idea, then sign up today to receive Scripture Lady's Free Email Kid Tips packed full with creative ideas and receive 6 FREE Bible Review Games to help get your kids excited about the Bible!
Just click here: 6 FREE Bible Review Games today.
Read more articles by Kathy Vincent or search for articles on the same topic or others.
Read NEWEST ARTICLES by Christian authors
Read MOST READ ARTICLES by Christian authors
Read our most read and highly acclaimed CHALLENGE CONTEST ARTICLES
JOIN US at FaithWriters for Free. Grow as a Writer and Spread the Gospel.
If you died today, are you absolutely certain that you would go to heaven? You can be! TRUST JESUS NOW
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.