Relationships lead to friction, and disagreement. Regardless of the level: parent-child, husband-wife, peer-to-peer, student-teacher, citizen-law enforcement, local leaders, national political leaders, international bargaining, etc.
Relationships need constant maintenance and repair.
It may help to find a neutral mediator and reference in discussing our differences.
A neutral negotiator may be living or from the past, represented by ideas prreserved in written record,. Jesus, Thomas Jefferson, Dr. Martin Luther King, Ghandi, Billy Graham or Condoleza Rice could be used as mediators todaythrough living or recorded word.
Negotiation is the art of turning negative positions and attitudes into positives. It becomes an art of makeing two or more negatives into a positive,. In some cases, it is possible to turn a double negative into a positive; but too many negatives can make progress toward successful negotiation almost impossible.
10 Principles of Peaceful Negotiation from the Teachings of Jesus:
1. "Love your neighbor as yourself."
2. But who is my neighbor? "Any one who is in need." (Good Samaritian).
3. "Love your enemies."
4. "If your enemy is hungry, feed him." "If your enemy is thristy, give him something to drink."
5. "If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn the other also."
6. "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."
7. "Do not judge, and you will not be judged."
8. "Forgive, and you will be forgiven."
9. "Give, and it will be given to you." "It is more blessed to give than to receive."
10. "Love does no harm to a neighbor. Love is the fulfillment of the law."
Taken from the Book: Secrets of Health, by Dr. Richard French.
Dr. Richard French is the author of Secrets of HEalth. He is the Prresident of the Mary Lanning Memorial Hospital MEdical Staff for more than two years.
He is also the Chariman of the Executive Committee, he has been an effective liason between the MEdical Staff and the hospital's Board of Trustees and Executive Officers.
If you died today, are you absolutely certain that you would go to heaven? You can be! TRUST JESUS NOW