CHILD CARE CENTER E-MAIL MARKETING SUCCESS CHECKLIST
E-mail is the basic form of communication for nearly all organizations today. Millions are sent every day so itís very important to understand what goes into making a quality e-mail. This article explains all the different tips and secrets that can boost any Daycare Programís email marketing success rate.
Permission: Are you using a good permission policy?
Make sure you have a preexisting business relationship and/or affirmative consent.
- Preexisting business relationship - The recipient of your email has made a purchase, requested information, responded to a questionnaire or a survey, or had offline contact with you.
- Affirmative consent - The recipient of your email has been clearly and fully notified of the collection and use of his email address and has consented prior to such collection and use. This is often called affirmative consent.
Your From and Subject Lines:
- Does your "From" line include your company name or brand?
- Is your "Subject" line the right length? (5-8 words, 40 characters including spaces)
- Does your "Subject" line incorporate a specific benefit?
- Does your "Subject" line include your brand (if for some reason your "From" line does not)?
- Does your "Subject" line create a sense of urgency?
Your Email Copy:
- Is your email targeted, relevant and timely?
- Is your email personalized with the recipient's first name, last name or both, if appropriate?
- Is your email copy clear and concise?
- Does it contain a strong call-to-action?
- Does it focus on benefits?
- Does it create a sense of urgency?
Are you and your management staff prepared to handle inbound email responses and questions resulting from your outbound email campaigns? Follow through is as important as the first contact. Do not miss the opportunity to open a two- way dialogue with these interested parents (and potential future clients).
- Have you used appropriate graphics while also making good use of white space?
- Have you proofread the "From" line, "Subject" line and email copy thoroughly?
- Have you checked all links to be sure they work properly?
- Have you previewed and sent yourself a test in both HTML, and text?
- Does your email include a way for recipients to unsubscribe, e.g. an unsubscribe/opt-out link and/or instructions?
- Are you prepared to handle all unsubscribe requests within 10 days of the request?
- If you use multiple email products, or have multiple databases from which you send emails, are you prepared to process all unsubscribe requests across all lists?
- Are you using good mailing practices? Have you been honest and truthful?
- Have you used a legitimate header?
- Have you used a valid from address?
- Is your "Subject" line straightforward, vs. misleading?
- Is your physical address included in your email campaign?
When you can answer "yes" to these questions, you are ready to hit the send button and maximize your Childcare Centerís email marketing success.
Read more articles by Sam Stortz or search for articles on the same topic or others.