Have you ever noticed how tangled up relationships can get? And do you ever hear any of these comments among family and friends? – He said this. She said that. I don’t like her? He makes me crazy! Relationships can be difficult at times, but as I get older, I am learning that a little kindness and love generously given here and there can untangle some of the worst situations. Our kids are not immune to the tangled webs of relationships around them either. So why not try this super Bible school activity that features a portion of Ephesians 4:32, which says: “Be kind and loving to each other…” to help your kids learn that God can use kindness and love to untangle the worst of relationships.
Here’s what you do:
This activity will require some preparation. Before your children arrive to their class, cut a piece of yarn about 20 to 30 feet long per child. On one end of the string tie a nametag of a child in the class. On the other end, attach a small treat such as a lollipop. Attach the strings to walls or furniture, carefully weaving them in and out among each other. You are now ready to play the activity.
When the children arrive, give them time to be curious about the tangled web of yarn. Now say the following: Do any of you have any relationships that feel like they’re all tangled up? For example, maybe your sister won’t speak to your brother. Or maybe whenever your aunt and uncle come over, they are always fighting. Or maybe there is someone at your school who isn’t very nice to you. Do any of you have relationships like that? (Wait for kids to respond.) Well, this tangled yarn you see is a picture of how messed up our friendships can get. Is there a way to get things untangled? I think there is. And I think the answer can be found in a portion of Ephesians 4:32, which says: “Be kind and loving to each other…” Today we are going to practice being kind and loving with this Bible school activity called “Got Relationship Tangles?”. I am going to give you a quick relationship challenge. I want you to pretend you are in the story. You must give me one way you could show kindness or love in the situation. Once you have participated in 2 different situations, you can go find your name attached to one of the pieces of yarn and then untangle your piece to find a treat on the other end. Eventually, I hope all your kind and loving responses will clear away the tangled mess in our room and you will be rewarded for your right choices!
Here are 12 relationship challenges to give to your kids:
1. Your friend asks you if (he/she) could look over your shoulder today at your math test. You say that wouldn’t be right. Your friend gets mad at you. What do you do?
2. Your grandma gets frustrated with you because you don’t call her on the phone very often. What do you do?
3. Your friend gets jealous because you want to have lunch with some other friends today. What do you do?
4. Your family is low on money right now. You want a new bike and keep bugging your dad about it. Your dad gets mad at you for not understanding that there’s not enough money for a bike. What do you do?
5. You forgot to send a thank you note to your aunt for a gift. You’re afraid she’s mad at you. What do you do?
6. Your friend just found out that (his/her) parents are getting a divorce. What do you do?
7. Your mom promised to take you out for ice cram after she was done with her chores. But after she got done, she forgot about her promise. What do you do?
8. Your baby brother is crying. Mom is busy doing laundry and you are busy with homework. What do you do?
9. You just found out that your best friend told another friend of yours that (he/she) didn’t like coming over to your house. What do you do?
10. Your friend forgot to bring her lunch money again. She always asks you if she can borrow some money, but she never pays it back. What do you do?
11. Your dad is always busy and doesn’t spend very much time with you. What do you do?
12. Your teacher praises you for working hard in English, but she says you need to work harder in math. This makes your upset. What do you do?
Next, if you liked this Sunday School/Homeschooling idea, then sign up today to receive Scripture Lady's Free Email Kid Tips packed full with creative ideas and receive 6 FREE Bible Review Games to help get your kids excited about the Bible!
Just click here: 6 FREE Bible Review Games today.
PLEASE ENCOURAGE AUTHOR,
LEAVE COMMENT ON ARTICLE
Read more articles by Kathy Vincent or search for other articles by topic below.
Read more by clicking on a link:
Main Site Articles
Most Read Articles
Highly Acclaimed Challenge Articles.
New Release Christian Books for Free for a Simple Review.
God is Not Against You - He Came on an All Out Rescue Mission to Save You
...in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them... 2 Cor 5:19
Therefore, my friends, I want you to know that through
Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. Acts 13:38
LEARN & TRUST JESUS HERE
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.