I just wanted to share with you this amazing story of my mum which happened last friday.
My mum was reading her book of the balcony of her house and had left the window of the living room opened. My brother that happened to be inside the house closed the window by mistake, not remembering that my mum was outside. Then, he left the house and locked the garage door with his keys and got into his car on the way to his girlfriend.
Unfortunately, my mum had been cooking and had left the pressure cooker on full fire. A few hours later, she finished her reading and tried to open the window to enter her house when she realised that she was locked outside of her own home. By now, it was 8 o'clock in the evening.
Then, she went to her neighbour to borrow a screwdriver to open the window but to no avail. Not remembering any of her kids phone numbers, she called the police and the fire brigade who said that they had to break the door in order to enter the house. Not having quite a lot of money for repair, she remembered the adress of my sister flat. Fortunately, a neighbour offered to take her there with her car as my sister just lived 5 miles away from my mum house.
Not remembering, the exact location of my sister place as my mum has just been there once, they struggled to find my sister place and kept asking all the cars that were passing by the road and the pedestrians to know if they knew the street where my sister was living. Three hours had already gone by when somebody pssing by happened to know the street where my sister was living. But as they knocked on the door, there was no answer, my sister had gone out.
Then, my mum and her neighbour came back to the house and started to call somebody that specialized in doors locks. It was 1.30 am in the morning, my friend, when they finally found someone who managed to open the door of the house. Fortunately, it was just smelling burns and the house didn't caught fire as for the cooking pot, it was only black burnt inside. I tell you, my dear friend, that pressure cooker had been on full blast cooking for 6 hours and a half. Meanwhile, my brother came back only the next day in the afternoon to find my mum was quite shaken over the event.
If it wasn't for the grace of God, that pressure cooker would have exploded and caught fire. My mum is not a believer in the Lord, but I tell you, my friends, when things like that terrible happened, we might got worked up and scared but God is in control, and my mum wasn't much of a close acquaintance to that neighbour either.
God is so good, he doesn't repay us according to what we deserve, we are sinners but God chooses to bless us even though we keep refusing his love. Help me to give him glory. Yeah, my mum worked a lot to pay for that house with five kids, single mum doing hard cleaning jobs. God is so good. Help me, my friends to give him glory and praise.
Read more articles by sana edoja or search for articles on the same topic or others.