1) Wisdom is fearing the Lord (Psalms 111:10 NIV) first and foremost.
2) Wisdom is acknowledging that the Lord is God and besides Him there is no other (Deuteronomy 4:35 NIV).
3) Wisdom is submitting to God and being at peace with Him (Job 22:21 NIV).
4) Wisdom is adhering to instructions and heeding rebuke (Proverbs 13:1 and Ecclesiastes 7:5 NIV).
5) Wisdom is giving thought to your ways (Proverbs 14:8 NIV) before acting on them.
6) Wisdom is keeping yourself under control instead of giving your anger full vent (Proverbs 29:1 NIV).
7) Wisdom gives patience which in-turn allows you to overlook an offense (Proverbs 19:11 NIV)
8) Wisdom is never accepting a bribe or taking part in extortion because those who do quickly turn into fools (Ecclesiastes 7:7 NIV).
9) Wisdom is realizing that the end of a matter is far greater than the beginning (Ecclesiastes 7:8 NIV).
10) Wisdom is sweet to the soul therefore if you find wisdom there will be a future hope for you (Proverbs 24:14 NIV)
All in all true wisdom is understanding that comes from God alone. We must talk to Him (pray), get to know Him better (read our Bibles) and adhere firmly (stay faithful) if obtaining wisdom is our goal.
PLEASE ENCOURAGE AUTHOR, LEAVE COMMENT ON ARTICLE
Read more articles by Shandha Woodard or search for other articles by topic below.
Search for articles on: (e.g. creation; holiness etc.)Read more by clicking on a link:
Main Site Articles
Most Read Articles
Highly Acclaimed Challenge Articles.
New Release Christian Books for Free for a Simple Review.
NEW - Surprise Me With an Article - Click here for a random URL
God is Not Against You - He Came on an All Out Rescue Mission to Save You
...in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them... 2 Cor 5:19
Therefore, my friends, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. Acts 13:38
LEARN & TRUST JESUS HERE
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.
Perfect title for this piece - you really do cover the basics. Lots of great reminders. Thanks!