4/11/10 Pastor Alexís Sunday sermon: Becoming a Life Giving Church Acts 2:40-17, Psalm 122:1, John 4:23-24, I Cor 14:24-25, Eph 4:11-12, Rom 10:13-14, I Cor 9:22, I John 3:16, Psalm 27:17
***Four Attributes of the Weekend Church Services: Church is supposed to be designed to teach members to win people to Christ.
1) Celebration: John 4:23-24 We want to recognize the fact that if it was not for the Lord, we would be Lost!! So we should CELEBRATE the power of God that is available to us. We say thank you Lord God Almighty. We are to be true worshippers of God in Spirit and Truth.
2) Inspiration: Our church services should inspire people to have faith, and love for God. We should inspire others with our testimony of how waiting on our God and seeing Him fulfill his promises in our life changed things for us.
3) Preparation: Eph 4:11-12 We are to equip Godís people to do the work of the ministry. To do Godís work, not ours!
4) Salvation: Romans 10:13-14 The church is to offer salvation to lost souls and to teach about Jesus saving souls. Everyone who calls on the name of Jesus shall be saved.
***Small Groups Provide Three Things:
1) A Place to Connect: I Cor 9:22 We connect with fellow church members to share our testimonies, pray for and support each other.
2) A Place to Protect: John 3:16 We can be who we are, be real and pray for/protect each other.
3) A Place to Grow : Prov 27:17 Small groups are a place to find others going thru and feeling the same way we are. We can have someone to grow together with. They can be built up and we can be built up. Its not always about us! Our testimony can help others too.
***The Iron sharpens a Iron as the Friend sharpens a Friend.
If you died today, are you absolutely certain that you would go to heaven? You can be! TRUST JESUS NOW
Read more articles by Miz KJV Only or search for articles on the same topic or others.