FOUR SECIAL FOODS
Vitamin D fortified low fat milk or Orange juices
This should be served daily, at least 400IU. Its importance includes;
• It reduces the risk of Osteoporosis
• It reduces the risk of hypertension
• It reduces the risk of multiple sclerosis
• It reduces tumours of Breast, Colon and Ovary
It is advised to be served four to five times per week. The major nutrient These includes water lemon, red grape fruit, oranges etc
considered here is lycopene.
Research revealed that lycopene may protect against breast cancer and that it contain an antioxidant that can help to fight heart disease. It may also help people look younger by simply protecting us from ultral violet rays damage from the sun.
These include blueberries, cranberries, strawberries etc
It should be served three to four times per week. These fruits protect the body against cancer with the help of powerful anticancer nutrient called anthocyans. They also contain anti-oxidant that protect the heart as well as the skin from aging and a nutrient called lutein that enhance a good sight. As a result of their high vitamin C and folic acid content, they are very advantageous to the women in their child bearing years.
Includes salmon, sardines and mackerel. Experts advised that it should be served three to four times per week.
• The healthy factor in consideration is omega 3-fatty acids. To be specific, the two types know as doeosahexaenoic acid (DHA) and eisosapentaenoic (EPA). Fatty fish plays an important role in the wealth of cell membrane in our body as well as protecting us from a number health threats which includes;
• Heart disease
• Joint pain