Living by Faith—a Blessed Way
We live in a dark world. As the sun gives light to the earth, so God gives light to those who trust in Him.
We live in a dangerous world. As a shield protected a warrior from darts, God protects His children and gives them grace for every trial. Those who live by faith down here will share in the glory of His inheritance up there. The Lord blesses such now and will bless them in the hereafter.
• Pray about problems. Faith begins with prayer. Too often when we encounter a problem, we lean on our own wisdom. God promises to give us wisdom when we ask for it.
• Keep God’s ways. A woman of faith seeks to obey the Lord. Stay in the Word of God to know His ways and then follow these ways.
• Attend God’s house. We express our faith in the church. God will bless those who are not only faithful in its services, but also serve in a godly atmosphere.
• Separate from worldly ways. A young couple shared my home for awhile. He did not like my godly music. When I came home, ungodly music blared. It seemed there was nothing I could do. If I would have said, “You do not have to stay here. You can take your ungodly music with you.” Things may have turned out differently. We do not have to tolerate the world. When we live by faith before the world, God will bless.
• Trust in God’s strength. The woman is blessed who does so. “Blessed is the man (or woman) whose strength is in Thee” (Psalm 84:5).
Sometimes, when God calls, we feel the task is too great. Have you ever felt like giving up?
God has called me to write. I work in a home office. The first thing I sent out was a book. When I received a reject slip, I quit writing.
Since then, I have received what I call “encouraging rejections.” If the editor takes time to write anything at all, I feel encouraged. Some of these “encouraging rejections” have turned into acceptances.
Lynn’s book, Our Lifeship: Studies in Proverbs for Women, talks much about living for faith. See her bio, about her book and speaking at www.writingfrommyheart.com.I followed the editor’s suggestions, received helpful criticisms from other writers, and did several rewrites. I cannot write anything pleasing to God in my own strength, but God is my strength.
• Wait on the Lord. Do you like waiting in a long line or at the doctor’s office? Few of us do. If we spend that time profitably, time will pass more quickly. Memorize and review Bible verses on cards during that time. Take something along to read.
If we follow these steps, we will find God blessing our lives, not only in the workplace, but also in our homes. If we fail, let us confess our sin, believe God has forgiven us, and go on.
Lynn’s book, Our Lifeship: Studies in Proverbs for Women, talks much about living for faith. See her bio, about her book and speaking at www.writingfrommyheart.com.
PLEASE ENCOURAGE AUTHOR,
LEAVE COMMENT ON ARTICLE Read more articles by Lynn Wallace or search for other articles by topic below.
If you died today, are you absolutely certain that you would go to heaven? You can be! TRUST JESUS NOW