Ways to Say Thanks to Your Pastor
by Bob Valleau
Free to Share
Free to Share
SEND A PRIVATE MESSAGE
HIRE THIS WRITER
When I taught a junior high Sunday school class, I posed the question to my students, “What are some ways we can say ‘thanks’ to our pastor?” I told them it seemed like there was every kind of appreciation day or week, but what about those who spiritually feed us? The kids were ecstatic about responding and brimmed with a plethora of creative ideas. I’d like to share a few of them with you now.
1. Make a pastor appreciation coupon booklet. These can be in “ticket” form and each ticket could be good for: one car wash; a yard cleaning; a prepaid dinner at a local restaurant, etc.
2. Bake your pastor’s favorite bread, and pin a note to it that says: “We knead you very much.”
3. Leave Post-it "love" notes -- or cards -- all over your pastor’s office. Decorate the door to his office with a big poster that says: “We a-door you!”
4. Offer to baby sit, free of charge, while he and his wife go out for the night.
5. Have your pastor sit, or stand, in an appreciation circle. This is where a group of people surrounds him, with joined hands, and each one says something about how much he means to them.
As I recall, the list was much longer, but you get the idea. And, whether you are an adult, child or teenager, it is my prayer that -- in some tangible way -- you show appreciation for the one person who has so graciously answered the higher call of ministering to the needs of others.
PLEASE ENCOURAGE AUTHOR, LEAVE COMMENT ON ARTICLE
Read more articles by Bob Valleau or search for other articles by topic below.
Search for articles on: (e.g. creation; holiness etc.)Read more by clicking on a link:
Main Site Articles
Most Read Articles
Highly Acclaimed Challenge Articles.
New Release Christian Books for Free for a Simple Review.
God is Not Against You - He Came on an All Out Rescue Mission to Save You
...in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them... 2 Cor 5:19
Therefore, my friends, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. Acts 13:38
LEARN & TRUST JESUS HERE
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.
Thank you for reminding and sharing to all of us.
These are wonderful ideas - and I know pastors would truly appreciate them. Thanks for sharing!