We are all parts of Christ’s body, and each of us has a different work to do. Our bodies have many parts and each part has a special function. And since we are all one body in Christ, we belong to each other, and each of us needs all the others. God has given each of us the ability to do certain things well.
Many times, we do not always give everything our best effort and we do things unwillingly and with a grumbling spirit. Our work -- whatever it may be -- is an honor to the Lord.
If God has given you the ability to prophesy, speak out through faith what God is speaking through you. If your gift is that of serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher, do a good job of teaching. If your gift is to encourage others, do it! If you have money, share it generously. If God has given you leadership ability, take the responsibility seriously. And if you have a gift for showing kindness to others, do it gladly.
Work hard with the sincerity of your heart and work with enthusiasm.
Ask yourself these questions:
1. What Is Your Gift and are you using it?
2. Do you willingly use your gift, or do you use it with a grumbling spirit?
3. How much faith do you have in God when you are using them?
4. In this area of your Christian life, do you need to make improvements?
5. Have you grown spiritually within the last week?
Read more articles by Gale Henderson or search for articles on the same topic or others.