Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

deejay
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Post by deejay » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:02 pm

I forgot to mention--I'm on Facebook. Send me friend requests, but remember the only time I normally have wifi is when I'm away from the shelter--like at work.

deejay

Post by deejay » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:22 pm

Great news! My friend CJ finally got a new place! She plans to move in by Aug. 1st!
Hopefully I and a few friends can help her get her stuff out of my storage unit, then get the stuff I've been storing at my church for the last 10 years in, so I can have access to my stuff at long last! Hopefully I will be next to get a place--2020 Biblically means promises come to pass.

Shann

Post by Shann » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:04 pm

Oh that's wonderful she got an apartment. Is there any way you could room with her? Didn't you live with her in the past? I'll pray it all works out for everyone.

You never told us what your Facebook name is so we can friend you. It sounds like things are going good right now.
Hugs :grouphug :grouphug
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

deejay

Post by deejay » Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:11 am

My Facebook name is Michele Fritchie. I'm a bit security obsessed. I don't normally get wifi reception at the shelter, unless a miracle occurs. Not too likely I can room with CJ and Diane--yes, we shared part of a house for 5 1/2 years--because Section 8 rules say you can have a roommate who's not on Section 8. And quite frankly, CJ can be a handful. She has mental health issues along with severe asthma. She tends to post some rather inappropriate things on FB, like photos of models whose hairstyles resemble--ahem--private parts. If I were to have a roomie, I'd prefer someone who's quiet.

This morning I got on the bus to go to church, and discovered my resident tag is missing. There have been a few times I've taken it off upon leaving the shelter, and forgot to put it back on when checking back in, and nothing happened. Might be in my bed. I'll check when I get home this afternoon. If I can't find it, they can make me a new one. But I can't help thinking it might be a sign I could be getting housed soon. I hope so.

deejay

Post by deejay » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:00 pm

My lost badge was buried in my purse.

Okay, my church is in the process of moving to a new building. My last day of work was last Friday, and with the help of our Spanish pastor and my supervisor, we got all my stuff out of the danger room at church, and put it in my storage. I went to church to take some pictures--the building will be demolished Nov. 15--and in its place will be an apartment complex, where we will have control of 25% of the apartments so we can rent them below market value. But a glitch has occurred--instead of our having our first service in the new building Nov. 1st, we have to do either Zoom calls or go to one of 5 home churches. We don't have the necessary permits to occupy yet. :( We will be renovating the building, a former furniture store, which will take about 6 months.

Please pray that all permits are gotten and we can worship in our new building soon.

deejay

Post by deejay » Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:36 pm

Last week I went to our new building to go over the new duty list with my supervisor, and I thought she said the bathroom, which has a shower bath, was for my exclusive use. No, I'm allowed to bathe there, but otherwise have to share. So today was my first day of work in our new building. While cleaning, I discovered another shower bath in our pastor's office. The building was once a hotel on top, with a pharmacy on the ground floor--we have a photo of it in our Spanish pastor's office. There's a Mexican supermarket across the street, so I went there to buy lunch stuff.
One of my friends at the shelter, named Debbie, is upset that I seem to be able to go to church house meetings and she can't go to her synagogue. She told me yesterday morning she was going to talk to her caseworker, and have her talk to my caseworker. Basically, she's trying to rat me out. But I have been aboveboard with my caseworker, and she seems to be okay with my arrangement. Debbie is a Messianic Jew, and up til now, she's been a very nice person. When she was talking to me, calling me a liar and a bad Christian, I stayed calm, didn't raise my voice, and simply refuted her charges. Would you pray for her, please? She has let a spirit of jealousy come over her, and I don't want our friendship to end unless it absolutely has to. She's into current events, and we both agree that the government is in violation of the First Amendment by making us stay out of church. The Biden camp has just said that one of their first orders of business will be to remove God from America. I would say more, but I will obey the request from our mods not to get political.

Return to “The Water Cooler”