To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Prayer needed for the Lord's work

Share your prayer requests here. "Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." -Mark 11:24

Moderators: beaedwards, RedBaron

Fullheart
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)

Prayer needed for the Lord's work

Postby Fullheart » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:34 pm

Greetings my sisters and brothers in Christ,

The years have taught me of the power and importance of prayer in our lives and work. I am moving forward with a book project and ask for your prayers. This is for God's glory, and to strengthen the faith of every reader. Pray for me please, but mostly for God's blessing upon this work. It is a forty day devotional book, designed to comfort, encourage, strengthen and challenge believers to greater faith and a closer walk with Jesus. The title is "Forty Days on the Mountain" (if available).

I had begun to compile my past devotions which would fit the book. But God has led me to write all new meditations, one for each of forty days. Today I have begun. This is also a time of personal growth for me, as I follow the Spirit's leadership in writing this book. Please pray.

Thank you and may God continue to bless each of you with His presence.

PS Just learned that title has been used. Open to suggestions. How about just, "The Mountain of God"? Or, "10x4 Days on the Mountain"?

Minister Sheldon Bass

tomoral
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Prayer needed for the Lord's work

Postby tomoral » Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:01 pm

How about Forty Days of Christ's Devotion? As it is a book of devotionals, just a suggestion. :D

Anyway, you know you have my sincerest prayers for what seems to be an awesome book, one that I will most certainly be proud to own one day. :thumbs

I know God has already blessed this book to be written by your hands. He planned it long before you did! Your daily devotionals for Faithwriters are some of my favorite, they reach the reader in heart, soul, and mind. :bow
God Bless the beasts and the children
Give them shelter from the storms.
Children are our tomorrow
Keep them daily from the sorrow
Of the beasts in life

http://www.faithwriters.com/websites/my ... p?id=57394

tomoral

Postby tomoral » Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:09 pm

I see now you want to use the Mountain in the title.

"Forty Days for Christ On a Mountain"

"Christ's Forty Days on the Mountain"

Or "Forty Days on God's Mountain"

Or "On The Mountain for Forty Days"

Or "On Gods Mountain, Forty Days",

Or "Forty Days on a Desert Mountain"

Or "Forty Desert Mountain Days."

Sorry, I got carried away! This is very exciting news!
Of the beasts in life

Fullheart
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)

Postby Fullheart » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:48 am

Thank you Lynn,

You have always been a faithful encourager. I'll give the title some time. I think the Lord will impress upon me what is best as I continue this work. You are right. It is very exciting when God is leading and we are following. I am also seeking some consultations on this work. Proverbs tells us that "Plans fail for lack of counsel". And I always cherish your input. How are you feeling?

In His Service,
S.B.

tomoral

Postby tomoral » Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:28 pm

Ultimately, your title will be your own, and it will come to you one day from God, possibly while you're thinking of something else.

Praying for this inspirational book!

Blessings, Lynn
Of the beasts in life

RachelM

Postby RachelM » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:10 pm

I'm praying for your project. Sounds like an excellent idea for a book! I pray that it will bless many. :thumbs
My FaithWriters profile: RachelM FW member profile

deejay

Postby deejay » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:45 pm

You know, FullHeart, lots of churches use a 40 day fasting model on an annual basis. That sounds like a great item to have on hand, read a devotional for every day of a 40 day fast--get their minds off of sizzling steaks! :mrgreen:

I like the title Forty Days On God's Mountain; it says it all and it rolls off the tongue easily. :thumbs

Fullheart
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)

Postby Fullheart » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:46 pm

Update: The devotional book is coming along nicely, but I'm not rushing things. I've written 40 single day devotions for it, but may change a few to better fit the purpose of leading the readers in growing closer to God. Now looking for editing on a shoe string budget.

Thank you for your prayers.

Sheldon

Shann

Postby Shann » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:02 pm

I'd give you a great deal on editing Sheldon, unless you need it super fast. I'm doing one now that has a super tight deadline, have another one to start right after this is done, but since there isn't a tight deadline, I could do the two at once.

Also have you check out the editors that advertise on FW? I can't remember the link. I need to send in my information too to get on that list, but have been a bit crazy lately. The cool thing about that is part of the money goes back to FW!

Congratulations too for working at it and not giving up! You've blossomed as a writer since coming to FW. And you weren't bad when you started either. :D :mrgreen:
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Fullheart
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)

Postby Fullheart » Wed May 07, 2014 12:32 am

Thank you everyone. I'd nearly forgotten I had written this post. The manuscript is finished and I'll be submitting it to the publisher soon. Making some minor changes, mostly formatting and giving it the final tweaks. The title is "Meet Him on the Mountain. And it will be published with Xulon. Thank you all for your prayers and encouragement. Be sure to have your close encounter of the greatest kind with the Lord today.

Love,

Sheldon

Fullheart
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)

Postby Fullheart » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:13 am

Meet Him on the Mountain has been released. Find the ebook in faithwriters bookstore or purchase a copy from Amazon. Thank you to everyone for your encouragement and support. I've learned a great deal about the publishing aspect of writing, and am anxious to put my new knowledge to work on my next project. Now for the marketing. Any tips for a first time author?

The fragrance of Christ in you is love, :thankssign

S.B.

beaedwards
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby beaedwards » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:56 pm

Ask everyone you know who reads the book to review it on Amazon!

I will once I have completed it. I'm on a fast track for my first read through in order to get you a review.

I'll take my time and do the 40 days with contemplation after that.

Thank you for persevering through the process and for your lovely dedication to the FW' family in your introduction/acknowledgement.

Fullheart
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)

Postby Fullheart » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:32 pm

Thank you Bea!

I'm a bit slow in taking all the necessary steps, but am making progress. Time to look for reviews now. I so appreciate your encouragement.

Blessings,

Sheldon

beaedwards
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby beaedwards » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:02 pm

Having said that - I finished your wonderful book full of inspiration several days ago, yet didn't post a review-bad bad Bea :roll: I am on my way to Amazon after I review a few of my favorites.

Thank you for reminding me!

beaedwards
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby beaedwards » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:18 pm

Review posted. :superhappy

Return to Prayer Requests