To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

LET US MAGNIFY THE LORD

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

ROBIN
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

LET US MAGNIFY THE LORD

Postby ROBIN » Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:51 am

The definition of Magnify is “to increase the size, strength, or power of something”
I like to say “To make big.”

The enemy of our souls, the devil is always centering in on our negative attributes. He is very good at belittling us and at the same time highlighting or magnifying our shortcomings. He is quick to jump on the band wagon and crunch us into the ground and say “you see, that’s who you really are; you are nothing but a dirty rotten hypocrite” and "you call yourself a Christian don’t you know that you’re nothing but a skunk". Haven’t you borne the brunt of his chides, mocking’s and finger pointing? What does it do to you? It’s not nice, right. Like me you probably have felt so bad about yourself that you just want to give up. We must stop right there. That’s where the devil wants us. He wants us to grovel and wallow in the muck. He loves it when we are flailing around in the quicksand of despair. He loves it when he kicks the foundation from under our feet. That’s his job and he does it well. Who can identify with this? I put my hand up, I certainly can.

The devil knows how to push our buttons. He is a past master of seeing our weakness and prying open our sore and hurting spots. You know what the devil does? He magnifies our fleshly incompetence. He magnifies our fallen nature. He magnifies who we are without Christ. Oh! he is so clever. Yes he tells the truth but from the wrong side of the river. The truth is we have crossed over; we are no longer in the flesh, we are in the Spirit.” But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.” (Rom 8:9) The devil distorts the truth and hides our true condition which is, “In Christ”. Amen,

If we have committed our lives to Jesus Christ and have accepted Him as our Saviour, we have placed ourselves on the winning side. God is for us. God is good to us. God loves us (Rom.8:35) Yes, we still fail, yes, we still have faults and yes, we do let ourselves down and yes, we do still sin. We say sorry, dust ourselves off and carry on in faith. Our faults and frailties do not dis-annul the fact that in us, that is in our spirit, we are “New Creatures” “Therefore if any man [be] in Christ, [he is] a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.” (2Co 5:17)
“ For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.” (Gal 6:15)

We must start to magnify what the Word of God says about us. His Word is the truth. God says we should respect and honour His Word. For God Himself has said that He honours His Word above His Name. Let’s reads that more precisely in Psalm 138:2b “for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.” Wow! Let us start to respect His Word by believing who we are now, “In Christ” and what Jesus says about us. Not what the devil says about us.

We have entered into a new Covenant of Grace. We must recon ourselves dead unto sin and alive unto God.(Rom.6:11) We must reckon it a done deal. Not if, or maybe. When we allow the devil to continually highlight our old nature we will never grow in grace. We will be stunted and never move on in this new life that is ours in Christ. You see “all things are become new.” (2Co 5:17b) We have to move out from under the law of condemnation and death to the new life that is ours in Christ.” Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. (Jhn 5:24)”

From now on let us magnify the Lord that lives in us. We are the temples of the Holy Spirit.(1Cor.6:19) When we magnify the Lord continually we change from being the defeated person that ‘we were’ to the victorious person that ‘we are’ In Christ. This infuses us with Holy Ghost power and energizes us to act out who we truly are and are changed from Glory to Glory.
“ But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, [even] as by the Spirit of the Lord.” (2Co 3:18)

O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together. (Psa 34:3)

And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord,(Luk 1:46)
Last edited by ROBIN on Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tomoral
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: LET US MAGNIFY THE LORD

Postby tomoral » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:41 am

Thank you Robin, you have no idea how badly I needed to read that this morning. God Bless you.

Lynn
God Bless the beasts and the children
Give them shelter from the storms.
Children are our tomorrow
Keep them daily from the sorrow
Of the beasts in life

http://www.faithwriters.com/websites/my ... p?id=57394

ROBIN
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Re: LET US MAGNIFY THE LORD

Postby ROBIN » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:29 am

I'm glad Lynn that it was a word in due season.

Its nice to be a blessing.

Have a fantastic weekend.

Robin.

Return to Encouragement from the Word