To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Distrust

A place for new members to introduce themselves and to be welcomed to the FaithWriters' Community. Don't be shy. We love meeting new brothers and sisters in Christ.

Moderators: beaedwards, RedBaron, Shann

kipphelpsd
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Distrust

Postby kipphelpsd » Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:24 pm

I'm trying to tell people what hell is like. Most Believers doubt what I'm saying, and nonBelievers think I'm nuts. I've packaged my message into a YouTube video, Extreme Destinations - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPQXM_-yxYA. I've also written a book, Hell Is for Real, edited by FW member Shann Hall-LochmanVanBennekom. The book is posted as a FW Free Reads for Reviews - http://ebooks.faithwriters.com/ebook-de ... hp?id=1053. Please check out the video and the book and give me your thoughts.
Serving Him,
Kip Phelps
Last edited by kipphelpsd on Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:04 am, edited 5 times in total.

Shann

Re: Distrust

Postby Shann » Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:00 pm

Hey Kip, welcome to FW! This is really an awesome site full of amazing people who truly want to help others become the best possible writers they can be. I have been so blessed by FW. I've made lifetime friends from all over the world. I did have the honor of critiquing and editing Kip's book. I highly recommend it to everyone. It's well thought out, full of passion (and after I convinced him to add more dialog :mrgreen:) a book that we all can relate to.

FW is a huge site and can be a bit overwhelming. The best thing to do is take your time and explore it. I know you've entered the writing challenge a couple of times. That is by far one of the most read and popular parts of FW. I've learned so much the past four and a half years from participating in the challenge. The deadline is great for me as I tend to procrastinate, but with a deadline looming, I discovered I started writing on a regular basis which eased my inner demons and allowed me to let go and let God. I also try to read and comment on as:-) many entries as possible. This too has taught me much and led me to my editing jobs.

There is also other great contest you should check out. The PageTurners is an annual Co test and this year it is for nonfiction MS. The prizes are amazing, including some great advice from Deb's editing company. There is also a monthly blog contest. The themes change from month to month but could lead to paid writing assignments.

There is also the fiction writing contest where the winner will win a publishing package from Xulon. One of my favorite contests is the testimony one. There will be a book released with the top 50 winner's testimonies. Last year, my story was included in it. You can still have a chance to read last year's book, in the free reads for reviews section. I'm glad you put your book in there and I hope many people will take this opportunity to read it.

Also check out the different threads on the forums. That's were you will have a real chance to get to know other members. One of the best threads is Jan's Writing Basics. She offers great tips each week and will respond to everyone who posts there so I'd urge you to check it out.

Don't hesitate to ask any questions and feel free to explore and jump into any threads that pique your interests. Congratulations again on your book and :welcome
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Fullheart
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)

Postby Fullheart » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:55 pm

The Youtube video was very moving and well put together. I feel that this mode of delivery is vital today to reach those who may never pick up a book. The testimonies in the video add weight to the message and create a compelling tug. And though I'm not usually one who watches testimonies of after-death experiences and fantastic spiritual encounters with heaven or hell, I found these to be stunning and believeable. Well done. :clap

Posting a link to your video for my facebook friends. Keep up the good work!

Sheldon B.

tomoral
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Postby tomoral » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:43 pm

The Youtube video is awesome. The best I've ever seen. No preaching, just the love of Christ comes through as well as the reality of hell. This is deep, profound, and very moving.

I give this three thumbs up!
God Bless the beasts and the children
Give them shelter from the storms.
Children are our tomorrow
Keep them daily from the sorrow
Of the beasts in life

http://www.faithwriters.com/websites/my ... p?id=57394

Come forth
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby Come forth » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:36 pm

Hi Kip, I thought the video was very professionally produced. I'm really hooked up for the next few days but I'll revisit it when thinks are a little clearer and I'll give you some more detailed feed back.

I'll also read the book and give you a review.

That being said, my first reaction is to say, "Well done, good and faithful servant of our Lord."

There is a great need, especially now in what I believe are the beginnings of the great and fearful day, for the Truth to come back to the church and for the honest message of salvation to be preached. Well done.

Blessings, Graham.
May we all get eyes to see and ears to hear,
A Revelation of His Word, crystal clear.
Admitting our need to be drawn in,
Less of self, more of Him.

My prayer for us all.
God bless us with the Revelation of His Word, Graham
http://www.shekinahcloud.com/page/page/8464330.htm

kipphelpsd
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby kipphelpsd » Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:04 am

Thank you for the nice comments on the video. The video and my book on hell aren't gaining much traction yet. Actually, I think I'm going to change the title of the book to God Loves You, Now Go to Hell. In his book Prophet, Frank Peretti describes on page 49 what it's like to try to expose people to God's deep truths - like many of us are trying to do:
"Up front when you hear things and see things and God entrusts you with knowing things, you think of how privileged you are, how wonderful it is to see Truth parading right in front of you. And then...when you try to speak it and nobody listens...and you see people heading for a cliff and you just can't turn them back..and when you find out things you would have been happier not knowing...and when you hear the cries of lost souls..."

RachelM

Postby RachelM » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:53 am

Welcome to FaithWriters! I'm praying that God will use your book to speak to the hearts of many.
My FaithWriters profile: RachelM FW member profile

Return to Newbie Nook