To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Saving Faith

For those who like to discuss and debate theology. This is a forum for people who enjoy strong and lively debate with people who may not be likeminded. Participants are requested to always treat other opinions with respect.

Moderators: mikeedwards, cori67, RedBaron

jo555
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Saving Faith

Postby jo555 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:08 am

As I mentioned in my previous post, I was watching Charles Stanley and he was teaching on faith. He said that some may believe they are saved, but what they have is knowledge and not saving faith-something born of the Spirit.

It reminded me of the last in a series of visions I had. The end I saw inside a structure. I wasn't sure if it was a church or a secular structure as it was dark, but not pitch dark. Sort of like walking into a place that is dark, but not completely so you can still see, just poorly and can't make out things.

When I considered all the visions and what I had been viewing prior to them, I felt the Lord was stressing the need for revelation (born of the Spirit and revealing God-his Heart / Essence), in the place.

I believe the poor light in the place was like knowledge. Like when we have knowledge of something, but lack intimate knowledge.

What say ya regarding saving faith?
People may be right in their own eyes, but the Lord looks upon the heart - Proverbs

tomoral

Re: Saving Faith

Postby tomoral » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:53 am

My faith is something I feel in my being, constantly. I don't think I am saved, I know it by a spirit that has taken over my soul. It constantly reminds me I am a child of God and have, in fact, been reborn.

This spirit gives me guidance and faith.

Many people think they are saved just by surrendering their lives to Christ, but then live by the rules of a secular world.
God Bless the beasts and the children
Give them shelter from the storms.
Children are our tomorrow
Keep them daily from the sorrow
Of the beasts in life

http://www.faithwriters.com/websites/my ... p?id=57394

jo555

Re: Saving Faith

Postby jo555 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:06 pm

:) :thankssign
People may be right in their own eyes, but the Lord looks upon the heart - Proverbs

Return to Theology Discussion and Chat