To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

A CHANGE IN MY RELATIONSHIP WITH JESUS

A forum to support those with chronic illnesses and disabilities. "My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Cor. 12:9

Moderators: Sparrow, Shann

sampson95
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

A CHANGE IN MY RELATIONSHIP WITH JESUS

Postby sampson95 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:46 pm

Hello,

My journey started in 1988, on my way home from Graduate School a DRUNK DRIVER (.318 blood alcohol) crashed into me head-on. I was released from the hospital that night because the doctors did not know what else to do- most people in this type of wreck would be dead. But, I have been lifting weights since I was 12 and my thick development saved my life.

But, I was injured; a major concussion, internal organ bruising, kneecaps thrown "off-track" and my right elbow had the soft tissue severely damaged.

At the time I was a Graduate student in Theology, going for my second MA, a professional armwrestler, and a champion powerlifter. All that was to change. I prayed for a miracle; to be restored completely. It was not to be. I still carry an odd gait because of my knees and my right arm has a severely limited range of motion with my right hand falling asleep often and painfully. I can only study in bursts of 20-30 minutes, due to the concussion.

However, almost unnoticed by me, I was allowed more success after the accident; I attained the degree plus another masters and a doctorate, I went undefeated in Deadlifting contest for 5 years, and I became a published author and named to various "Who's Who" lists. Oh yes, I now also have family and a cat.

I had always known Jesus as the CHRIST OF NT THEOLOGY, the Messiah. Now, as he guided me through the trials, changes that I had to undertake, and painful moments he became a personal SHEPHERD. I have come to know him in an intensely personal way. The Christ who emerged victorious from the tomb has pointed me to the gentle shepherd that sacrificed himself on the Cross.

He taught me that dreams and talents never die, they may change form but not essence. Also, power (of any kind) is energy and energy can be transferred. My faith and academics have taken on new dimensions and I can only give him thanks :thankssign for being patient with his stubborn scholar :oops: who wanted a heaven-rending miracle but found a another type of power that was irresistible like Elijah found in the "small whispering sound".

Blessings to all

Shann

Re: A CHANGE IN MY RELATIONSHIP WITH JESUS

Postby Shann » Wed May 07, 2014 7:13 pm

This is an awesome testimony. You should consider writing it up and adding more details for the testimony contest.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Come forth
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby Come forth » Wed May 07, 2014 8:17 pm

Here here to what Shann said. This is a powerful testimony and should be shared.

Praise Dad for all that He has done in your life.

Blessings, Graham.
May we all get eyes to see and ears to hear,
A Revelation of His Word, crystal clear.
Admitting our need to be drawn in,
Less of self, more of Him.

My prayer for us all.
God bless us with the Revelation of His Word, Graham
http://www.shekinahcloud.com/page/page/8464330.htm

writewithpurpose
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby writewithpurpose » Wed May 28, 2014 11:27 pm

Thanks for sharing, Sampson. It is a powerful testimony filled with encouragement about God's hand in all of our affairs.
Kathleen
"For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain" (Phil 1:21)

"For in him we live and move and have our being" (Acts 17:28).

WriterFearNot
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby WriterFearNot » Thu May 29, 2014 2:20 pm

Sampson95, I loved reading your story. I love it when we discover that He is far more than we had ever imagined. And to think that he is even more than we ever could imagine, overwhelms me to my knees.

Theresa

wheelygirl58
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby wheelygirl58 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:20 pm

Our holy Father is so good to us, His young'uns!! For me, I'm challenged with this pesky disease called, multiple sc!erosis--the flakiest disease around! It will affect 1 person quite differently than another, and even differently from day-to-day!

Shann

Postby Shann » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:41 am

Wheels girl, you should consider writing your testimony too. There were a lot of stories last time regarding how people with illness preserved despite setbacks.
ALSO, IT hasn't been super active, but there is a thread called Sufficient Grace for those with chronic health issues. Just scroll down a bit.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Return to Sufficient Grace