To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

How to Throw a Brick

Wait for the Throw a Brick post for a topic then start posting direct links to your entry. The Throw a Brick thread will begin on the Tuesday before the winners are announced.

Moderator: Deb Porter

2BHisbest
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Re: How to Throw a Brick

Postby 2BHisbest » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:24 pm

My article link (I think) I have figured out. Here it is:

http://www.faithwriters.com/wc-article- ... p?id=47315

but then what? I tried this a couple of weeks ago, but don't know how to get the feedback information. I think I have a lot to learn about technology. Can anyone help me?

Red Ink Welcome

Come forth
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby Come forth » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:18 am

Hi 2BeHisbest, let's see if I can help you here.

First of all, you have really posted this link in the wrong place. This particular place is for telling people HOW to throw a brick rather than being the place TO throw it.

Each challenge, at the appropriate time, Deb opens a new thread WHERE bricks can be thrown for each challenge.

I have actualy reposted this for you in the right place.

Now, you did the right thing by going to the brick throwing thread; BUT, the first thread at the top of the page is always "How to throw a brick", directly under there you will see, "Throw a bick for ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM"; as per this link: viewforum.php?f=56 -- that is the place you should have gone to to throw your brick.

After the next challenge is judged, Deb will start another thread called "Throw a brick for....???" and again it will be the one directly under "How to throw a brick."

To see your feed back comments, go to the challenge entry main page, select and click on "Read current entries", select and click on your level, select and click on your title and scroll down to the bottom of the page; all comments are under your entry.

Hope this helps, blessings, Graham.
May we all get eyes to see and ears to hear,
A Revelation of His Word, crystal clear.
Admitting our need to be drawn in,
Less of self, more of Him.

My prayer for us all.
God bless us with the Revelation of His Word, Graham
http://www.shekinahcloud.com/page/page/8464330.htm

merrimj1122
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby merrimj1122 » Wed May 07, 2014 9:12 am

Hi I don't know if I should even be in this thread for the question. I wrote a private message to Deb but havent heard so I am asking here, hoping someone sees it:
I am a member since Dec. and I have always looked for the bricks on Tuesday eves, and try to read bricks as well then. This past week it seems judging was finished the next day and brick throwing began on friday. Was this a special occasion finishing so early, or is it usual that judging can finish up whenever and brick throwing begin any day?
Hope someone gets to see this.
Thanks so much,
Mar

itsjoanne

Postby itsjoanne » Wed May 07, 2014 9:32 am

merrimj1122 wrote:Hi I don't know if I should even be in this thread for the question. I wrote a private message to Deb but havent heard so I am asking here, hoping someone sees it:
I am a member since Dec. and I have always looked for the bricks on Tuesday eves, and try to read bricks as well then. This past week it seems judging was finished the next day and brick throwing began on friday. Was this a special occasion finishing so early, or is it usual that judging can finish up whenever and brick throwing begin any day?
Hope someone gets to see this.
Thanks so much,
Mar

Hi Mar - the judging CAN finish up any time (last week was a bit earlier than usual, but still). I would start watching for it on Fridays, but it could be as late as Monday or Tuesday. In the past, brick throwing was always on a certain day, but that has changed. Now it's when the judges are done. :)

merrimj1122
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby merrimj1122 » Wed May 07, 2014 3:50 pm

Thanks so much! That explains why whenever I would go to throw a brick on Tuesday eve ( I don't know why I thought it was a set Tues?), and thinking It was early, there were so many already posted! Lol :o
Thanks again, now i know :D

Deb Porter
FaithWriters and Site Admin

Postby Deb Porter » Wed May 07, 2014 9:53 pm

Hi Mar. I didn't see a PM from you. Sorry about that. I had one PM today, but it was from someone else.

Glad Jo popped in to answer your question.

Never worry about asking a question in the wrong area. We don't mind. Better that than stay puzzled. :D

Love, Deb
FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator

Breath of Fresh Air Press - a little publisher with a lot of heart

rcthebanditqueen
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Postby rcthebanditqueen » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:47 pm

Is there a deadline after which Brick Throwing for a particular topic is closed? I was a bit perfuzzled trying to figure it out (probably just me). Is it closed for Pen and Paper?

glorybee

Postby glorybee » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:55 pm

There's no deadline, but people tend to stop visiting the thread after the first few days.
Jan Ackerson

Deb Porter

Postby Deb Porter » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:53 pm

No deadline, as Jan said, but it's pretty much over once the winners are announced. Even so, if you would like more feedback, feel free to post a link to your entry even now.

Love, Deb

littlebit1956
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby littlebit1956 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:50 am

This is only my third entry since joining Faith Writers. One of my favorite types of writing is poetry. This topic was very conducive to that style of writing because it lends itself to writing from my heart. Here goes...
http://www.faithwriters.com/wc-article- ... p?id=49185

Deb Porter

Postby Deb Porter » Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:44 am

A lot of people accidentally post their links in this thread. It's an easy mistake to make because they come here to read how to throw a brick, then forget they started in another thread about the specific topic.

To save confusion, I think I may lock this thread. It's not because of naughty members causing trouble (LOL), but to try and help avoid people posting in this thread instead of the brick throwing thread for the specific topic.

:D

Love, Deb

Previous

Return to Brick Throwing (direct links)