To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Breaking A Stronghold

Share your prayer requests here. "Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." -Mark 11:24

Moderators: beaedwards, RedBaron

deejay
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Breaking A Stronghold

Postby deejay » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:26 pm

Recently, a homeless woman started coming to our church. Her hair is cut like a man's, she wears shapeless clothes, and calls herself "Jim", though I just learned her real name is Kara. She is, to put it honestly, one of those who have gender identification issues. I understand her family has not treated her very well at all. She knows Jesus, but other churches have judged and rejected her, and we are doing our best to show her the love of Christ.

However, Pastor Brian has to spend lots of time with her, trying to get her off the street, and following guidelines he has set up for her. These include no camping on the premises, and she still does that. When we are having services, she wanders in and out. I feel she is struggling and trying to deal with the issues in her life, but isn't ready to fall down in front of the altar and turn them over to Jesus, as I say. I told her my family wasn't exactly good to me, but that sometimes you have to just let it go.

The more people who pray for victory over bondages and strongholds in Kara's life, the better. Would you please join me and my church in praying for a spiritual breakthrough in this young woman's life? Thank you and God bless.

swfdoc1

Re: Breaking A Stronghold

Postby swfdoc1 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:39 pm

Praying.
Steve
nlf.net
________
"When the Round Table is broken every man must follow Galahad or Mordred; middle
things are gone." C.S. Lewis
“The chief purpose of life … is to increase according to our capacity our knowledge of God by all the means we have, and to be moved by it to praise and thanks. To do as we say in the Gloria in Excelsis ... We praise you, we call you holy, we worship you, we proclaim your glory, we thank you for the greatness of your splendor.” J.R.R. Tolkien

RachelM

Postby RachelM » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:54 pm

My heart goes out to Kara. I went through a time in my teen years when I hated being a female. I know how confusing and painful that is. I prayed for her. Is there an older godly woman who is willing to disciple her? Being mentored by godly women changed my life.
My FaithWriters profile: RachelM FW member profile

RedBaron

Postby RedBaron » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:26 pm

Praying. The folks my parents are renting from have a son who is going by a female identity. It's heart breaking.
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

"...hunt like a spider..." Cori - FW Con '07

cgalmond
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby cgalmond » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:46 am

Heavenly Father in the name of Jesus and the power of his shed blood. We bring this lady before you, because that is what she is. Behind all this is a lovely woman just waiting to break out of this situation that she is in. We break this yoke of gender uncertainty by Holy Ghost fire. The same pillar of fire that went before Israel in their walk into the promised land. The power of it has not changed and we believe it will destroy that uncertainty in her life. It will break her out into the freedom of Christ who loves her and will see her through this. Amen. :bow

deejay

Postby deejay » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:30 pm

Because she lives on the street, Kara also has mental health issues. We've tried getting her into a shelter or transitional housing, but she doesn't want it.

The way I see this situation is, God trusts us to care for her. It's like how a parent will tell a small child not to handle something, like a knife, until they're older. When the child reaches an age where they can be taught how to handle the knife or whatever safely, the parent takes the time to teach the child how to use it correctly and safely. I think we've reached the point where God trusts us to reach out to people like Kara.

I noticed a couple of people hugging her on Sunday, so if all of us keep reaching out to her, this could break her shell. When I was a kid, I went through a little phase of wishing I was a boy, but back then it was because boys had more privileges and could do more than girls. Now women can do just about anything. But I wonder how much of this gay epidemic is rebellion against God, and how much is due to all the female hormones being dumped into the water and food chain?

beaedwards
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby beaedwards » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:46 pm

Praying for Kara to experience His love that can heal all of her afflictions.

deejay

Postby deejay » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:06 pm

Last Thursday as I was cleaning, Kara asked to use the restroom. Then she went out. Then she came in again, and went to the sanctuary, muttering something about coming to church but going to hell. Out again, then the third and last time she came in, she took a couple of Lucite booklet holders and turned them around on our info desk in the foyer, making a screeching sound. A couple minutes later, I was still working in the offices when I heard something fall and break. I came into the foyer, to find Kara had taken a flowerpot filled with coffee beans and pens and broken it. She admitted that she had done it on purpose, then helped me clean it up. I kept my cool. Out she went, then that's the last I saw of her. No big deal, we can go up the street to Dollar Tree and buy a new flowerpot--my pastor's wife is a bit of a Martha Stewart clone--and only spend a buck, but still--! She was reportedly here at church Friday, but I didn't see her. She wasn't at church on Sunday.

Our next Encounter night at church will be on Mar. 7th, and the subject will be on spiritual warfare. I hope Kara has left for good, but I'm still going to make a point of remembering where all the fire extinguishers are, just in case. Small wonder other churches have rejected her, and I don't think it's solely about her gender confusion.

seasalt44
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Postby seasalt44 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:04 pm

I posted something on my blog today that I use in my work with the homeless. God bless you and your church for reaching out to her. Her pain is blocking the work of God and that stronghold can be broken. Here is the link http://the1145call.wordpress.com/2014/0 ... been-paid/. I will be glad to share success stories if you think that will help. Just send contact info to the1145call@gmail.com. Blessings, Brenda

deejay

Postby deejay » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:53 pm

Yesterday at work, our maintenance man Victor discovered graffiti on the wall of the men's room above the toilet. I'm not going to post it here, but it appeared to be an address to a men's bondage site, even though the first word was misspelled. I tried to clean it off, but the rough surface plus the fact it was in ballpoint pen ink brought no results. Victor, brilliant and incredibly talented man that he is, got a couple of stickers to cover it up. We hope to be able to paint over it soon. I believe Kara did it, because she would wander in and out of both the men's bathroom as well as the women's. She hasn't been around since last Friday, though she abandoned her belongings in our office. She's welcome to come by and get them, if she ever shows up. She has a Facebook account; that's how we know her name--though not her last name. She was using our computer and left her FB page open, and a staff member saw it.

markcrossley

Postby markcrossley » Fri May 02, 2014 1:37 pm

Thank you for posting this, I am at present trying to write for the Big Issue Magazine which is based on homelessness.

Pastors need to bring in and seek partnership with different agencies to help equip them.

Pastor should consider whether she could stay at his house or whether the church could let her stay there overnight and volunteers could take it in turn to look after her.

Pastor should consider whether the church could pay for a room for the night.

Pastors should consider what is available to feed her at people at the church's homes.

Pastor should consider asking her to sit at a particular seat if she is coming in and out, the best thing is to show her love, grace, acceptance and never reject her, if other churches do that isn't great, she maybe desperate and when life is at it's lowest she needs people who can help and mentor her for the long haul.

Pastor should set up a network of prayer to pray for her.

The more practical he can be the better, setting boundaries but never excluding her from the church, ask God to show you how to deal with her. I pray that the situation can turn around and she can be an integral part of the church by God's mercy. In Jesus Name. Amen.

Fullheart
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)

Postby Fullheart » Fri May 02, 2014 6:28 pm

Praying for Kara.

tomoral

Postby tomoral » Fri May 02, 2014 7:24 pm

Praying for Kara, as well. Love the sinner, hate the sin. If Kara is mentally ill, that may have a lot to do with her confusion. She may have multiple personality disorder. Sometimes she thinks she is someone else. It happens a lot.

May God Bless and heal Kara's heart and mind.
God Bless the beasts and the children
Give them shelter from the storms.
Children are our tomorrow
Keep them daily from the sorrow
Of the beasts in life

http://www.faithwriters.com/websites/my ... p?id=57394

deejay

Postby deejay » Sat May 03, 2014 2:15 pm

We haven't seen her in a couple of months. Her stuff is in our Life Center sorting room, clearly labeled so it isn't accidentally put into donations. She said she didn't want to live indoors. Last time she was at one of our monthly Encounters, people said they could sense demonic forces from her, blocking the flow of the Spirit.

We are reaching out to the less fortunate in our community; that's why we have the Life Center. And believe me, Pastor Brian has a boatload of resources to help people in need. We recently partnered with an organization called A Quarter Blue, which serves people who are experiencing, or who have experienced, sexual abuse. They were at church last Sunday, exhibiting doors that had been painted by adults and children they serve; the doors signify 1.) the abuse that happens behind closed doors, and 2.) a door to a new life through Christ and A Quarter Blue. People's hearts are on those doors. On one side is a "bad picture", symbolizing the abuse they suffered, the other has a "good picture" symbolizing the freedom they now have. Their name comes from the fact that one quarter of the population is "'blue" (sad) because of abuse.
We also partner with other outreach organizations throughout Orange County.

tomoral

Postby tomoral » Sat May 03, 2014 3:50 pm

Mentally ill people have many demons. Those that are instilled at an early age by abuse. The child's mind is warped and goes to dark places during the abuse. Sometimes they hear echoes from the past. They can only be overcome by Christ. Keep praying for Kara.
God Bless the beasts and the children
Give them shelter from the storms.
Children are our tomorrow
Keep them daily from the sorrow
Of the beasts in life

http://www.faithwriters.com/websites/my ... p?id=57394

Return to Prayer Requests