To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

Allison
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby Allison » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:18 pm

Shann wrote:
Allison wrote:I'm still here. But uh... you posted Tori's twice and left mine out. *ducks* Not that mine needs to be shared. I'm shocked it placed as high as it did, actually.

What do you mean? When I click on them all I get different ones? Maybe my brain is fried

OKay. That's weird. They do all point to the right ones now, but I thought for sure one of them was off before. Maybe I'M the one with the fried brain. :D
Isaiah 40:30-31 (NIV)

Shann

Postby Shann » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:37 am

Or I'm a moderator who likes to mess with her dear friends. :mrgreen:

Don't forget you who have those short people running around your house, making messes, torturing their siblings, and often speak the truth too bluntly (no, not you Allison kids! I have a visciou streak today :sorry :lol: :wink: :mrgreen: :oops: that the kids writing contest is up and running with only 10 days left. Tell your nieces, nephews or neighbors or just stop a random kid in the street and give him the information. :mrgreen:

Again, I just want to tell you how special you all are. You all are some of the best things that have happened to me and I love ya all. Hugs :loveyou :grouphug :grouphug :hugs2
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:28 am

Shann wrote:Don't forget you who have those short people running around your house, making messes, torturing their siblings, and often speak the truth too bluntly (no, not you Allison

Now, I will have you know, I did NOT for one second think of sweet little Alison when I saw this... until I read her name. And even then I thought to myself, Gee that was mean of Shann... even while I was giggling myself silly. :heehee

Luv ya Shortstuff. :mrgreen:

Toni Hammer wrote:I can do that in 8 weeks, right? :roll:

You have heard of the Nano thingy right, where they write a book in one month? I am sure you can do it in two. :wink:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Allison

Postby Allison » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:11 pm

You know, when your older siblings are both brothers, 4 and 5.5 years older than you, and about twice as big as you you kind of learn to just put up with things. :lol: So yeah... I tried not to torture my bothers too much when I was younger. Then, when you're a bit older, you learn that your older brothers are fierce protectors.
Isaiah 40:30-31 (NIV)

RachelM

Postby RachelM » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:55 am

Thanks, Shann, for the congratulations and all the cool dancing dudes. Made me smile! :D

deejay wrote:For the last few days, we've been hearing noises upstairs, when there's not supposed to be anyone there except one guy who's in the downstairs front area. The bathroom in that part of the house is upstairs. So one of my roommates called our landlady, and she said she'd be there the next day. That was Wednesday. Thursday morning, we heard noises that sounded like guys fighting and knocking someone downstairs. In our dining room there's a doorway, with a door with panes of glass in it on our side, and an old wooden door on the other side. I was standing in the dining room trying to get a fix on where exactly the noise was coming from, when all of a sudden the wooden door was removed, and there were several guys in black shining a flashlight at us--and pointing a gun at us.

"SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT! GET YOUR HANDS UP!"

Are you serious? That's crazy!!!
My FaithWriters profile: RachelM FW member profile

RachelM

Postby RachelM » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:57 am

btw, Shann, my four oldest kiddos are working on their contest entries. :D
My FaithWriters profile: RachelM FW member profile

Shann

Postby Shann » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:07 am

Cool Rachel. It's a great site, wonderful contest and everyone who enters whether they win or not have an opportunity to receive a detailed review for free. Have them tell their friends. We didn't have many entries last time, so if we don't receive more, we might not do a contest again.

Barb, your nieces are old enough aren't they? If so encourage them. We have another fun thing planned too.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:35 pm

Allison wrote:I tried not to torture my bothers too much when I was younger.

Uh huh... sure you did. I could just see you sneaking up on them. :rolling
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Toni Hammer
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Postby Toni Hammer » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:22 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:You have heard of the Nano thingy right, where they write a book in one month? I am sure you can do it in two. :wink:

Rachel told me about that actually. I don't have enough free hours to do it in a month, but I think I'm doing pretty well so far. Got a little less than 7k words. 53k more.... :?

Writing the book is also taking me away from the Challenge this quarter. It's been super weird this week not working on an entry, but I feel at peace about it. Since most of my friends are hanging here on this thread it just means you all get MORE of me. :superhappy
Praise be to the Lord my Rock,
who trains my hands for war,
my fingers for battle.

--Psalm 144:1

http://www.tonihammer.com

rtodd5011
Pencil 4 (150-199 Posts)
Pencil 4 (150-199 Posts)

Postby rtodd5011 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:08 am

Hey friends, without going into too much details, I want to request that you say some prayers for my marriage. It is suffering and my heart is really hurting. Somethings got to "give" soon, and I am afraid its going to be me.
God Bless,
Rtodd (Rich)

deejay

Postby deejay » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:18 pm

RachelM wrote:Thanks, Shann, for the congratulations and all the cool dancing dudes. Made me smile! :D

deejay wrote:For the last few days, we've been hearing noises upstairs, when there's not supposed to be anyone there except one guy who's in the downstairs front area. The bathroom in that part of the house is upstairs. So one of my roommates called our landlady, and she said she'd be there the next day. That was Wednesday. Thursday morning, we heard noises that sounded like guys fighting and knocking someone downstairs. In our dining room there's a doorway, with a door with panes of glass in it on our side, and an old wooden door on the other side. I was standing in the dining room trying to get a fix on where exactly the noise was coming from, when all of a sudden the wooden door was removed, and there were several guys in black shining a flashlight at us--and pointing a gun at us.

Are you serious? That's crazy!!!

Believe me, I would never make up something like that. Good thing I watch Cops a lot, and knew better than to do something that would get us in trouble.

RedBaron

Postby RedBaron » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:14 pm

So what happened?

deejay wrote:

Believe me, I would never make up something like that. Good thing I watch Cops a lot, and knew better than to do something that would get us in trouble.
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

"...hunt like a spider..." Cori - FW Con '07

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby jaybird » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:54 pm

Wow, Toni, a book! Were youu inspired?

Yeah, I had to do those silly "security codes" also. It was a pain. Speakiing pain, I think my ear is infected, may have tunneling. I see dr in May and it's gonna be painful so pray for me.
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"Why sweat the small stuff when it's really not a big stink" - my quote

http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

deejay

Postby deejay » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:16 pm

As to what happened, Shari, after we told the cops our apartment wasn't a part of the rest of the house they were searching, they said, "Oh, then we'll put your door back for you", and that was it. As I went by on the bus, they were hanging around out front where they'd entered, looking--dejected, I think. One of the former tenants was a drug dealer, and we had all kinds of traffic from people buying their dope from the guy. But he'd been evicted a few weeks before, so I guess OCSD is a little behind in getting through their workload.

As for Hotmail I'm starting to move my contacts, etc. over to my Yahoo account. Consider yourselves informed.

Toni Hammer
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Postby Toni Hammer » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:44 pm

jaybird wrote:Wow, Toni, a book! Were you inspired?

I was! Well, years ago I was inspired. I've thought of a couple different books I could write over the years but the thought always died with, "I can't do that. No one wants to read my book."

My short time here at FW and, I'll admit, my "success'" here, was the final push to get going and just do it. Tons of people are writing books, so why not me?

When I finally made the decision I felt the Lord say, "Finally! What have you been waiting for?" :clap :clap :clap

And RIch, totally praying for you.
Praise be to the Lord my Rock,
who trains my hands for war,
my fingers for battle.

--Psalm 144:1

http://www.tonihammer.com

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler