To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Throw a Brick for THE DEEP END

Wait for the Throw a Brick post for a topic then start posting direct links to your entry. The Throw a Brick thread will begin on the Tuesday before the winners are announced.

Moderator: Deb Porter

PamF.Davis
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Re: Throw a Brick for THE DEEP END

Postby PamF.Davis » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:43 am

I've been up against a brick wall! I could not get on to submit; anyway problem is solved....

http://www.faithwriters.com/wc-article- ... p?id=48123

JudySauer
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby JudySauer » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:55 am

Here is my brick for a The Deep End.

Guidance and encouragement are both of interest. Please comment.

http://www.faithwriters.com/wc-article- ... p?id=48083
May you have a blessed day!

Write the vision - Habukkak 2:2

Shann

Postby Shann » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:28 pm

philippa wrote:Hopefully I am asking this question in the right place. :book2
I never really got clued up concerning the 'brick throwing'- sounded a bit too painful- and the use of the red ink.
I've done a little searching and think that a brick is thrown by the author of the story to open it up for critique by fellow writers (who are invited to use the metaphorical red ink) once the all clear is given?
There's got to be a tradition involved in the 'brick throwing' terminology I feel-despite the image it evokes. :shock:

As for the challenge, originally around Monday or so, we were allowed to give subtle hints to point readers to our stories. By Wednesday the judging was completed and some wanted a more direct way to encourage people to read and comment on their stories. Leaving a link is the cyber way of chucking a brick at someone and yelling, "Hey, would you read my article?"

At least that's my take on it. I also joke that because at times I can be hard headed and not always want to go where God asks me to go. I dig in, cross my arms and say "Nu-hun, not going there God." Finally growing impatient with my petulance God begins to lob bricks at me. Finally I pay attention and do what he asked. My answer usually seems to be "Wow, I needed that! Why didn't you make me do it?"

Much like I do when my kids ask me that, I picture God rolling his eyes and shaking his head with love. :roll: :mrgreen:
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

philippa
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)

Postby philippa » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:37 pm

Thanks Shann-that's cute. I've had a few bricks lobbed my way. I must admit He started of with a feather, progressed to pebbles, stones and finally the brick. :idea:
Philippa

rsw2007
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby rsw2007 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:23 pm

Hi Deb,
This was my first Writing Challenge and I'd like to have a brick thrown at it but I can't find it. I didn't realize how fast the judges worked. So this is all still new to me.
Thanks for your help.
JackiB

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me
Philippians 4:13

sahalliwell
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby sahalliwell » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:56 pm

Hello everyone…This is the first Writing Challenge I have had the privilege of taking part in. Red ink is most certainly welcome! Thank you so much in advance!

http://www.faithwriters.com/wc-article- ... p?id=48109

Previous

Return to Brick Throwing (direct links)