To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

Shann

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby Shann » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:43 pm

How about A Brilliant Selection of Poems to Take Reader on a Wild Roller Coaster Ride With God Written by Dude best known as Jesus Puppy. He takes you to the places God needs you to go even if there is a NO DOGS ALLOWEDsign posted on the door. Edited by the uber-amazing, red-headed, sensational, yet oddly humbled dudette named Shann Hall-LochmannVanBennekom. Layout and graphic design done by the chic chick known by as her friends as Sparrow and by family and Birth Certificate as Amy Michelle Wiley?
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Shann

Postby Shann » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:55 pm

Rebecky wrote:Eeyore is kind of a gray-blue cause he's always... well, blue. down. sad. depressed.

...... there goes his tail again!

I can totally relate, after all, I'm losing my tail all the time and only a good friend or beloved family member is willing to nail it back on for me and make sure the bow matches any undergarment or pajamas that the donkey is wearing, hmmm or is he a mule? Do we know for sure? Does anyone? I suspect A.L. Milne might have known, but I don't think he is still with us. I wonder if his son, Christopher Robin remembers. Can you imagine how much those original stuffed animals would be worth today. I have one of the turn of the century original Teddy Roosevelt bear and in the actual book (not Disney's version) Pooh does kind of look like him.

See, Becky aren't ya glad you came back? You must have missed me something fierce. My offer to put Wrigley-Eeyore and pin his purple tail back on after you are done playing in the snow is still good, given of course that Rachel and Toni actually send me my real live, breathing miniature pony/horse that would be used as a guide animal to help me navigate the house and not fall down. I'm sure Phin and Mylee would let him share the bed, though I wonder if Chris might bulk a bit at crawling into a bed with a pony/horse, a Pomeranian, two tortoise shell cats (one's main color is gray, the other's black) and me.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

deejay
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Postby deejay » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:34 pm

Rebecky wrote:My cat died last night. :(

I'm sorry to hear that. Hugs to you, and know that your kitty is with Jesus. :( :cry:

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby jaybird » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:45 pm

Sorry to hear about your kitty, Becky.
[url][URL=http://media.photobucket.com/user/DIANEEJUDY/media/hug.jpg.html]Image[/url][/url]

How's this Shann?
[url][URL=http://media.photobucket.com/user/lisanjen/media/purpleflwrmlpdrwn.png.html]Image[/url][/url]
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"Why sweat the small stuff when it's really not a big stink" - my quote

http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

RachelM

Postby RachelM » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:08 am

Here's a pony for you, Shann! I didn't draw it, but I coloured it as specified. :D

It was Toni's idea to get you a pony, and I wholeheartedly agree that you deserve one! What would Faithwriters be without Shann?
My FaithWriters profile: RachelM FW member profile

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:20 am

Shann? I have found simple works best. How about.. A Message of God, by JesusPuppy.

You take all the credit, praise, and any payment made. YOU be JesusPuppy, I am just too tired. And if, by the strangest chance, anyone ever asks who JesusPuppy is.. tell them, "He was a crazy man that walked in the world of darkness too long, trying to show others there is love and hope, even when none exists."
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Shann

Postby Shann » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:15 pm

Oh Pup there is nothing I can say to that. It hurts my heart and I know part of you is kidding, but a greater part believes that lie. I don't want to imagine what my world would be like without you in it. I doubt the sky would still be purple though and what a sad place without a Pup and purple sky.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Shann

Postby Shann » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:21 pm

And I love my pony. I still want a living breathing pooping Minature guide horse though. One I can train to open doors help me from falling and guiding me home when I get lost in my own backyard. It happened again last night, just a bit from house and panic was overwhelming and I had no idea where I was or how to get home. It's a scary feeling, and then when I realized I'm practically at bottom of driveway I feel like an idiot.
Shann

Shann's Profile

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:19 am

Shann wrote:And I love my pony. I still want a living breathing pooping Minature guide horse though. One I can train to open doors help me from falling and guiding me home when I get lost in my own backyard. It happened again last night, just a bit from house and panic was overwhelming and I had no idea where I was or how to get home. It's a scary feeling, and then when I realized I'm practically at bottom of driveway I feel like an idiot.

Were you awake at the time, or sleeping-walking again?

JesusPuppy Profile

Shann

Postby Shann » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:27 am

I was awake. I hardly ever get confused when asleep. :?
Shann

Shann's Profile

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:23 pm

OOOooh that only shows when you are TYPING... I see. :wink:

JesusPuppy Profile

Shann

Postby Shann » Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:11 am

Yeah because I position my hands off just a bit on the keyboard and my mind sees what I was typing, plus the last time I was in the car driving just a few hundred yards from home when I got lost. Luckily Chris was behind me as we had gone down to pick up cars.
Shann

Shann's Profile

deejay

Postby deejay » Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:22 pm

Those of you in SoCal may have felt a slight shaking after 9 p.m. last night. We had a 5.1 earthquake near La Habra, with some aftershocks. Near the epicenter, I've heard reports of a water main breaking, items thrown down from store and restaurant shelves, and even 100 people being displaced. It woke my roommates--I was in the living room reading-- and upset my roommate Diane's pet rat Chestnut. I heard the sound of a really heavy truck going by, and no sooner had I said "Man, that's a big truck", that the shaking started. But we're okay.

Toni Hammer
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Postby Toni Hammer » Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:37 pm

Glad you're all okay! I was in a 6.5 about 12 years ago when I was living in California and I remember waking up to the sound of the rumbling first and then the shaking as well.
Praise be to the Lord my Rock,
who trains my hands for war,
my fingers for battle.

--Psalm 144:1

http://www.tonihammer.com

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:28 am

That area is notoriuos for quakes, but do the poeple move? Nooooooo. they just rebuild, in the same place, and let the next one destroy it again. :roll:

JesusPuppy Profile

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler