To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Cover Design Artists?

General, open discussion regarding writing, getting published, markets, pointers, and other related topics. All are welcome! No advertising, please!

Moderators: mikeedwards, itsjoanne, cori67, Sparrow, beaedwards, RedBaron

buckspub
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Cover Design Artists?

Postby buckspub » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:03 pm

Hi everyone.

I need to begin networking with book cover designers.

Can you make any recommendations and referrals, please?

Thanks,
Buck

Shann

Re: Cover Design Artists?

Postby Shann » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:35 am

I do have a sweet friend who might be available. Actually I can think of two. They are both FW and I'm not sure what they would charge, but I'll send them out both an email and direct them here. One is Amy, the other Patty. I'm not sure what their schedules look like or what your timetable is either.

Also the best advice I can give is to get a good editor (or sometimes even two) FW has a list of editors and one of the cool thing is in exchange for being on the list a portion of the fee goes back into FW, so not only do you get a great editor but it helps FW to grow too. :D
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

buckspub
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Postby buckspub » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:40 pm

Post content deleted by user.
Last edited by buckspub on Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

glorybee

Postby glorybee » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:30 pm

I'm sure you'd do this, but it's worth mentioning, nevertheless--be sure that you ask to see a portfolio or other collected samples of any prospective graphic artist, to be sure that their style matches the vision that you have for your cover. Like editing, this isn't anything that you want to skimp on--your book cover is your first impression, and you will lose readers with a poorly-designed cover. It needs to be professional.

I've seen too many self-published books that are both poorly edited and poorly designed. "But my friend who's a teacher said she found all the typos!" "But my cousin's best friend has been drawing all his life!" Disaster.
Jan Ackerson

buckspub
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Postby buckspub » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:02 pm

Post content deleted by user.
Last edited by buckspub on Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deb Porter
FaithWriters and Site Admin
FaithWriters and Site Admin

Postby Deb Porter » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:40 pm

If you want your book to look good, then avoid asking a friend to do it, unless they are a graphic designer.

Depending on how much you want to spend, I can highly recommend TLC Graphics. They are outstanding and the results are excellent.

http://www.tlcgraphics.com/

However, if you are looking for a good job done, without having to pay for the excellence, then try Freelancer.com.au I'm not sure if it is only based in Australia (or that's just the site I get sent to), but it's a global site. You can find book cover designers there (and I've seen some really good covers done through freelancers hired there), or you can post a job for freelancers to bid on. Either way, you have a great range of people available to work with you. Obviously, check their ratings/portfolio before proceeding.

Hope that helps.

Deb
FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator

Breath of Fresh Air Press - a little publisher with a lot of heart

Return to Open Forum