To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby jaybird » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:48 pm

Dear Fellow Christians, country people, and Comrades, lend me your Eyes. How can you borrow eyes? When you say that you have your fathers eyes, then whose eyes does he have? Such profundity.

We thought my computer would arrive this past Friday, but the brown truck appears to be delivering it on Monday. Another day at the salt mines with my nurses assisting me with computer doodlings. It's not that bad. I'm glad to have their help, even though I have to repeat commands and teach them how to spell. Also directions like left and right,and north and south.
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"Why sweat the small stuff when it's really not a big stink" - my quote

http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby jaybird » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:30 pm

Pup, I'm glad to be back again. Now there is a second guy again in the forum amongst all these charming ladies. Pup, I got your back.

Rebecky
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Postby Rebecky » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:08 am

Update on me: sick, tired, exhausted, frustrated, overwhelmed.
Dum Spiro Spero

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:30 am

Awww poor thing. Hope you get to feeling better soon. Will be praying for you Kiddo.
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

RiversidePeace
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Postby RiversidePeace » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:37 pm

Rebecky wrote:Update on me: sick, tired, exhausted, frustrated, overwhelmed.

:hugs2

deejay

Postby deejay » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:32 pm

Normally I'm at the library Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays, but yesterday there was a bit of a crisis at home. I was about to leave when my roomies C.J. and Diane informed me that Diane's sister had called, saying so was in so much pain that she was crying, and she's not a crier. So they went to her house to be there for when Diane's nephew came home from school. It turned out to be a kidney stone. Roommate Becky was having some breathing issues, but she was fine. The plumber was supposed to come to clear the drain from our house to the street, but never showed. C.J. and Diane ended up staying overnight at Diane's sister's place, they should be home by now. So I traded a housework/laundry day with Becky, did the housework and my laundry, and except to run tot he store for a couple items, stayed home all day yesterday. But I'm at the library now, just a different day. I'm tempted to ask "What's next?" but know better; it always turns worse when I do. :mrgreen: But you know, things could be worse. A major earthquake, for example. We're overdue for one. Water rationing. The list goes on.

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:24 am

Major Earthquake??? Hey DI have you ever seen that movie "2012"? :mrgreen:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby jaybird » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:12 pm

My repaired communication device (aka computer) arrived last Monday! :superhappy :clap :thumbs :coolsign :D (replaced with non-touch monitor)

Shann

Postby Shann » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:04 pm

Hey all! Glad you got your computer Jay. It seems awesome and if it allows me to beat you at word...

Glad to see you pop in Becky even if you're feeling cruddy.

Pup your poem was awesome! I hope you have plans for it.

Congratulations Rachel on your great challenge! Third in level 3 and 16 overall Happy Dance! :bow :superhappy

I got up at 9:40 and managed to write a story and submitted it with one minute to spare. Tomorrow I am starting a procrastinatlrs
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Shann

Postby Shann » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:06 pm

I thought I'd correct the typo and finish the sentence later. :mrgreen:
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

RachelM
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby RachelM » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:38 am

Thanks, Shann! I'm always blessed by your happy dances. :D Good for you for getting that entry in. I didn't make it this week, but planning to get one in next Thursday.
My FaithWriters profile: RachelM FW member profile

Ms. Barbie

Postby Ms. Barbie » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:10 am

Got my surgery date for hip replacement! Monday, February 17. That's coming up quick!

My niece, Stephanie, is trying to make arrangements to fly in from North Carolina to help me out. That's so sweet of her. She's busy with 4 girls under the age of 8, but she's willing to come spend 10 days with me! She will bring her 20 month old, and possibly the 8 year old. I'm kind of torn about the kids-loved to see them, but know the toddler will be active and the other one is Chatty Cathy. I will need rest the first couple days home from hospital, but then again, the company might be good therapy! I will know more come Sunday, when final decisions will be made.

I'm so ready for this to happen!
Barb Culler

deejay

Postby deejay » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:49 pm

Apparently when I listed the things that could happen, I left out "break in". Came to work Thursday, and as I was filling my mop and brush buckets, I looked up and saw a window in our fireside room was broken. I went into the kitchen and looked in from there, and the flat screen TV on the wall was missing. I immediately notified Pastor Brian, and he called the police. Yesterday, I was finishing up at work, and went to get the cart to haul the trash to the dumpster--and now the cart is missing! Well, now we know how the crook made off with the TV--which means it's likely he's nearby. There's a scuzzy group of fourplex apartments on our east side, and they're close enough for anyone there to get a good view of our comings and goings. I think the perp lives there. I texted Pastor, and he said good to know.
I reported the break-in at 8:15 a.m., and CSI showed up at 5 p.m.. Cops never showed, or somehow I didn't see them. Look, I know this is Santa Ana, the nation's toughest place to survive, and high crime, but come on. I was talking to my friend Michelle, and she says Pastor told her that the alarm went off like it was supposed to, but it rang for half an hour without the alarm company calling Pastor or anyone else on the call list, much less the cops.
If they took it to watch the Super Bowl on, I'll bet they'll sell it for dope after the game. Danielle--pastor's wife--is looking on Craigslist and EBay, etc., to see if the perp listed it for sale.
Oh, and I also discovered that the east gate was left unlocked. It's got a cord and small combination lock, and the cord was wrapped around the gate, but not the adjoining post. So now we know how he got in. He threw a brick--about 1/2" thick, about 3" by 5", judging from the fragments--to break the window. Glass and brick fragments were everywhere, especially glass. Must've had a heckuva good throwing arm. There was a good shoe print on the bench beneath the window, but the CSI lady said it's a common shoe sole type; not much she can do with that.

RiversidePeace
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Postby RiversidePeace » Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:04 pm

Hi everyone,

Howz the ice thawing? The weather is still hot here with temps staying between 33 and 40 degrees Celcius most days. Over night it's been hanging around 21 C and I'm glad for the new air-conditioning.

It's been crazy as around here. Who said retirement slows life down? We're always doing something or going somewhere. Norm twisted his ankle on Friday stepping off the back step at a bad angle while hammering in some nails. Typical man didn't show me until yesterday when it was three times it's normal sizes and had turned blue and purple.

Anyway, we're off to church now and hopefully have a quieter Sunday.

Chrissy

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby jaybird » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:54 pm

Prayers for Chrissy's surgery and Becky to get well.

Shann, I started a word game.

The winter does keep me housebound, and about the only time I venture out is for a doctor's appointment. (not that I anywhere to go. To church when it gets warmer)We canceled 1 appt. because of the wintery road and you have to drive up a steep hill to get to one of my dr's. Great news, my thyroid panels came back normal! Praise God! (I figured it was normal, though)

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler