To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

How do I delete my account?

A place for new members to introduce themselves and to be welcomed to the FaithWriters' Community. Don't be shy. We love meeting new brothers and sisters in Christ.

Moderators: RedBaron, beaedwards, Shann

WritersQuill

How do I delete my account?

Postby WritersQuill » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:40 pm

I've decided to delete my account here but I'm not sure how. Is there a walkthrough on how to.

Deb Porter
FaithWriters and Site Admin

Re: How do I delete my account?

Postby Deb Porter » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:16 pm

Hi WritersQuill. I'm sorry to hear that.

Just need to check. Do you mean here in the forums, or do you mean at FaithWriters itself? If it's the forums, I can delete that for you. If it's with FaithWriters, you need to contact FaithWriters direct.

Let me know and I'll either fix it for you here in the forums or point you in the right direction.

Love, Deb
Finesse Writing & Editing Service

FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator

Coming Soon ... Breath of Fresh Air Press (the home of FaithWriters' Books)

WritersQuill

Postby WritersQuill » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:09 pm

Thanks Deb,

I want to delete all my account from the forum and the website. I'm not mad or upset with the site or no one. I just was looking for something different I guess. I have never been a fan of forums I'm drawn to live, instant interaction. I hoped my feelings would be different here.

Sincerely,
Mark Vass

Deb Porter

Postby Deb Porter » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:36 pm

That's okay, Mark. Everyone is different. I can delete your account here without any problem. I'll do that once you reply to this message to show that you've seen the contact information for FaithWriters. You will need to contact them regarding deleting your actual FaithWriters account.

You can contact them via this form:

http://www.faithwriters.com/corp-contact.php

Like I said, though, I'll wait until I see a reply from you to this post before I delete your account here in the forums.

In His love,

Deb

WritersQuill

Postby WritersQuill » Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:54 am

Thanks Deb,

I got it.

TheReverendKelly
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby TheReverendKelly » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:34 pm

Dear Deb,
I would like to delete my account to Faith Wrters forum and Fatih Writers as well. I am not getting the help I thought I would. I am going to look for something else. Thank you so much. It appears that I am not as good as a writer as I thought I was!

Deb Porter

Postby Deb Porter » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:45 pm

I'm sorry to hear that. The forums are fairly quiet, so it can be a little hard to get attention. We have lots of classes being run here in the forums, though (if you haven't seen Jan's classes, they are well worth doing).

I can delete your account here in the forums, although it's not really necessary. You can just leave it inactive here if you would like.

However, to delete your account at FaithWriters, you will need to contact them direct via the contact page (I'm not involved in that part of FaithWriters):

http://www.faithwriters.com/corp-contact.php

Let me know if you want your forums account completely deleted. If you do, I can take care of that for you.

Love, Deb

tomoral
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Postby tomoral » Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:37 am

I do wish you would reconsider Reverend Kelly, you only just joined yesterday and it sometimes takes a couple of days to get an answer, but we always try to welcome and help new members. Please give it one more try, perhaps with a little more patience, and I promise to search for your posts everyday if I possibly can.

Blessings, Lynn Gipson :bow
God Bless the beasts and the children
Give them shelter from the storms.
Children are our tomorrow
Keep them daily from the sorrow
Of the beasts in life

http://www.faithwriters.com/websites/my ... p?id=57394

RedBaron

Postby RedBaron » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:40 am

If you haven't already left, maybe if you told us what kind of help you were looking for, we could help you find it. There is a LOT to the FW site and there is a bit of a learning curve. We may have what you need, you just might not have found it yet.
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

"...hunt like a spider..." Cori - FW Con '07

TheReverendKelly
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby TheReverendKelly » Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:02 am

I will give it more time. I have not closed my account yet. I love to write, I really do, but just do not know if I belong here or not. But I will give it more time. I did submit the writing challenge a couple of days ago. I will see how I will do in the contest; if I place very well or not. I know I was needing more confidence. I have written two articles, one was the challenge and one was asking for a critique but did not receive any replies. But lets see where this will take us together. :thankssign

Colswann1

Postby Colswann1 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:48 am

TheReverendKelly wrote: did submit the writing challenge a couple of days ago. I will see how I will do in the contest; if I place very well or not. I know I was needing more confidence.

If you put the title and what level you are at ( e.g. 'beginners' or what ever) for your Challenge article in the Writing Section "Brick Throwing" that's towards the bottom of the Forum board then you will get comments from others who use it. Deb, has just posted this weeks topic as OK to start. Don't let the term brick throwing put you off it is all encouraging and helpful commenting. :)
Colin Swann

Jesus’ love is constant and never wavers.

TheReverendKelly
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

If You Would Like to Help

Postby TheReverendKelly » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:29 am

I plan to eventually, to take the blog challenge contest. I have started a blog at Wordpress.com Here is my blog website. At the time I did not have a website. http://thereverendkelly.wordpress.com/ There is an opportunity to comment on this blog and I will take all constructive criticism seriously. My passion is writing and I want to be a good writer. But the blog is starting out as my life unfolded at birth and how God led me into the ministry. I try to add a quote about my writing, which I did not do at the last entry, but will do that, before I start the new entry.
I felt a blog would be a good way for me to begin. I bought a journal notebook today. I will make entries into that before writing. I have three credits left for the next three writing challenges. I really cannot afford the gold or platinum membership. I was just glad that I could this one for free, but it is limited, what I am able to do.
I am feeling different now, and more confident. I will have to admit the writing challenge done in a little bit of a hurry. This was because, I thought I would be later when I submitted it. I was very grateful, to realize, that I would have had more time.
It will be interesting, to know, how the judges view my work. I think I will do well on creativity, but maybe not so well on grammar. This will improve over time. Whatever, I write, I put my heart and soul into it! Well anyway, just wanted to throw this in, just so others would know.
Before, I forget, I am on Facebook. My email is thereverend@christsaves.us and it is under PastorJames Allen Kelly on Facebook. I had to put Pastor next to my first name, otherwise it would not have been allowed on Facebook. I welcome all people who want to connect to me as a friend.

Shann

Postby Shann » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:22 pm

I'm glad you stuck around. It can get discouraging if you don't see a lot of feedback. It's hard to know what type of a writer one is. The most important thing is to follow God's calling. It's not always easy to do though.

I remember the very first time I entered the challenge. I was positive I'd blow away the competition because all of my family and friends told me what an outstanding writer I was. Now I look at those early submissions and cringe. I've learned so much from the brave souls who have been honest with me about my writing. That's what the challenge is all about--to learn to become a better writer. Once someone told me that I began almost every paragraph with the character's name or a pronoun. I felt a bit miffed at first, thinking the person surely was exaggerating. Then I went over it and discovered that almost every sentence began that way! That was my first lesson in varying the sentence structures.

So try not to get discouraged, all writers do from time to time. There are some wonderful writers here who are willing to give of their time to help newer writers, sometimes you may need to ask for a critique because the site is so huge it can be easy to overlook some great piece. I used to try and comment on every challenge article, but am finding it more difficult since my health has deteriorated.

My mom had a saying that drove me nuts until she died then I missed hearing it: Keep your chin up and your eyes on the Lord! :thumbs
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

TheReverendKelly
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby TheReverendKelly » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:00 am

Shann, I will listen to anyone who is willing to help me to help me. I had a professor at college, who told me that I was a great writer. I find that maybe writing stories, is not what I am particularly good at, but writing in blogs, and writing sermons, or Bible studies, or report. Things along those lines. But I am here to stay because I like it here.

Shann

Postby Shann » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:09 am

Good I'm glad you are here to stay. If you only receive a modicum of the blessings that have been bestowed on me you will have amazing blessings. :D
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Next

Return to Newbie Nook