To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

RiversidePeace
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby RiversidePeace » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:04 pm

RedBaron wrote:I have a prayer request, but instead of posting it here, I'm just going to link to it. I'd appreciate it if y'all popped over there.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=37752

Praying.
Allison wrote:My brother from Main is coming for a visit, and his plane just landed. Only a few more minutes unitl he's here and I get to see him. I haven't seen him for 2 1/2 years. :superhappy :superhappy :superhappy

Unfortunately, his wife had to stay behind, as she's working a seasonal job. and I have to work tomorrow and Friday, so I won't get to see him much, but I'll take what I can get. :superhappy

Hoping you have a great time.

Well, today is Norm and my 33rd wedding anniversary and we are aboout to leave for the city where we'll spend the weekend. We haven't been into Sydney city for some years so we have a lot of tourist stuff to do.

Back on line Monday.

Chrissy

AnneRene'
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Postby AnneRene' » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:39 am

Woo-Hoo!!!! I figured photobucket out....gotta download pic to an album and then copy the url. YAY.... :superhappy :superhappy :superhappy It was totally bugging me 'cuz just too boring without the pics!

Nothing in particular to say or report, except to Pup....

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:46 am

OOOOOooooo. two post in one day from the Bubbly One. You go girl. :lol:

Norm and Chrissy.. Happy 33rd, may the Lord bless you with as many more, on into eternity.

Strange dream today, could lead to a new story. Maybe. This one actually hurt. For those who have known me for a while, you may know of my visions of the End Time.. well, this was even more. It showed me traveling the world in a hot air balloon trying to find people. Seemed no one was left, like I was the last man alive. Not the.. Christians gone with the rapture and I was left with the bad guys.. type thing, but everyone gone.

I built a hot air balloon and traveled around looking. Way weird. Scenery too real, even felt the cold when flying up high in the air. Towns and cities ruined, like a major war had taken place, and no one lived but me. I traveled for days it seemed, checking several cities, even flying over the ocean, oriental temples, the pyramids in Egypt. Flew down to chase wildabeast in Central Africa.

The weirdest part, near the end I was walking through what I knew was the Mayan temples in South America, stepped off a rock wrong and twisted my ankle. I woke up then, and my ankle was hurting like crazy.

Though I am glad it wasn’t the normal end time battle, death and destruction, having more than real dreams does take their toll. The aloneness.. is that a word.. of it could be felt so strongly it hurt. I even remember crying as I flew over London. Too real, too crazy. :(

Maybe it was just the storm brewing over the coast, or the pizza I had for dinner, who knows. I hate the dreams that seem too real, waking up always leaves me with that odd feeling that the dream was real, and reality is just a memory relived in my dreams. :(
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

RedBaron

Postby RedBaron » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:50 am

JesusPuppy wrote: Strange dream today, could lead to a new story. Maybe.

Wow.... yeah, you need to write that.
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

"...hunt like a spider..." Cori - FW Con '07

tomoral

Postby tomoral » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:52 am

:bow From tomoral.....blessings to all
God Bless the beasts and the children
Give them shelter from the storms.
Children are our tomorrow
Keep them daily from the sorrow
Of the beasts in life

http://www.faithwriters.com/websites/my ... p?id=57394

RachelM

Postby RachelM » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:23 pm

Wild dream, Pup!

While writing the novel I almost finished during NaNoWriMo :roll: , I had a powerful dream and I woke up crying. The scene ended up as a pivotal point in my book.

Another book idea came to me a couple of nights ago. I was in the state between being awake and asleep and then BANG! this story started to unfold. I'm really excited about this one. Okay, okay, I'm always excited when a new book idea comes to me. :D
My FaithWriters profile: RachelM FW member profile

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 am

Hiya T.Moral Girl, long time no see.

it might make a good book, but like I said, I was just glad it wasn't my normal dream, death and destruction of the "Last Battle" where good and evil (basically the angel and demons) fight over the rights to man. I never get to see the final glorious end, only the slaughter of the men and women who get caught in the middle of the two armies. It gets rather frustrating. If the "more than real dreams" are prophetic as some may claim, I will live through the last battle but not make it to heaven.

And the fact that they are so vividly real, as though I am there walking through the battle field. Sometimes the horror of it gets to me. So, yeah I am glad it was not the same dreams as normal.
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Shann

Postby Shann » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:48 pm

Yeah Allison, I'm glad you get to spensd some time with your family! How did the musical go? Did you survive without too many disasters?

It's nice to see your face again Becky, I've missed you.

Lynn it's nice to see you popping in too. You should do it more often! Though we do get whackier this time of year (Is that even possible?) :lol:

Barb sent me a message asking about me because she didn't see many posts from me. I can't believe it's been a whole 5 days since I posted! Time is just zooming by and my anxiety is really crippling me. I want to go to Bible Study tonight and know I'll have fun, but still my chest is pounding, I feel nauseated and just want to scream and do all kinds of stuff that isn't appropriate to share (but it has nothing to do with mismatching garments) :mrgreen:
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Allison

Postby Allison » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:49 pm

Shann wrote:Yeah Allison, I'm glad you get to spend some time with your family! How did the musical go? Did you survive without too many disasters?

Thanks for asking. The musical actually went REALLY well. We never had a perfect performance, but every one was decent. Over the 6 performances, we had 1930 (or somewhere there about) people see the performance. We got a lot of compliments, some saying it was professional enough to be one one of the big stages in St. Louis. o.O I'm not sure those of us who were IN it and knew all the mistakes would agree. :lol:

It was a crazy busy week, but it was so much fun, and I'd do it all again in a heartbeat. We have our cast party on Saturday. It was supposed to be Saturday Jan. 4th, but we were afraid the weather would get bad, so it was moved. So now I wait a couple of months and then go head long into the summer children's musical. I can't wait. :)
Isaiah 40:30-31 (NIV)

RachelM

Postby RachelM » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:43 am

Allison, I'm so glad that the musical went well! :superhappy

Shann, did you go to the Bible study? I went to a rebozo (feel free to tease me on this you guys!) workshop yesterday and felt super nervous, but I'm glad I did it.

Shann

Postby Shann » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:27 am

Thanks Rachel, I did go and God totally blessed me by allowing me to comfort someone else. It was all God and so cool. I also got everything on my to do list done. But now it's a new day with a new list.

I'm not sure if I told you all how wonderful my bed is. It's so comfy and helps me sleep better. I also splurged and bought a robotic Vacuum. I was really able to use it today. Vacuuming is hard for me and I can do it for a few minutes before having to stop. Plus we have wood stove so that causes dust. I ended up getting the Bobsweep and Bob does a great job, though I admit it's weird to have a vacuum named after my first boyfriend. But he ran today until he was all pooped out and when he made his first sweep I couldn't believe the difference in the carpet. There is obviously dirtier than I wanted to admit but if I can unclutter, my house Bob might be worth keeping (unlike my boyfriend by the same name) :lol:
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

RachelM

Postby RachelM » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:23 am

Yay!!! Good for you for going, and that's so beautiful that you were able to comfort someone else with God's love.

That's so great that you are able to sleep better with your new bed! Sleep is soooo important.

I gotta get me one of those Bob things. (The vacuum! :wink: )

Shann

Postby Shann » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:59 am

I am glad you clarified. My first boyfriend had problems but he helped create M who is absolutely one of the three best things that happened in my life. :D I wouldn't trade her for anything, but I also wouldn't recommend having a baby when you're in your teens. We turned out okay though and managed to avoid many of the statistics for young moms. Of course having supportive parents help.

So Rachel can we mention your blog here? You should add the link to your signature. Rachel is doing an awesome thing with her blog to support our book.

Even though it's geared for ages 3 to 6, Pup I think you should get one for your aliens. We'll help with big words, :tongue Sorry guess I need to go to bed, but I totally love ya! I do need sleep though
Shann

Shann's Profile

RachelM

Postby RachelM » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:48 pm

Done! I posted about my giveaway for Shann's book on the FW forum. You can check it out here :Tie My Shoe Giveaway

This is all rather stressful, but I'm trying to remind myself not to let stress bog me down, but to use the energy to go further. I'm finally learning that anxiety and fear aren't necessarily bad things. Lately, it seems to indicate that I'm outside my comfort zone, and I feel like that's where God wants me right now.
:shock:

Shann

Postby Shann » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:18 pm

Ahh Rachel I'm sorry I don't want this to stress you out. I appreciate all the help and hard work you have put into this.
Shann

Shann's Profile

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler