To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

Rebecky
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby Rebecky » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:09 am

My mom and I went to my nieces ballet recital last night. They did the "Nutcracker in a Nutshell". It was really cute and we both enjoyed it.

My oldest niece is really good too- we were pleasantly surprised!
Dum Spiro Spero

Shann

Postby Shann » Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:25 pm

Ahh that sounds cute Becky. How old are your nieces? If you're looking for a Christmas present for up to 7 yo you could get them my book. :-) I've sold close to 50 which totally blows my mind. I bought 20 to sell here and give as gifts and they are all gone already. I want to see if I can sell some in local bookstore and put a notice in the paper.

I'm still really struggling. Kids will be home next weekend and the place is a mess. I hurt so bad the thought of doing anything is overwhelming. I just want to hide and sleep.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Shann

Postby Shann » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:00 pm

Moved most of the stuff into the other room. Chris was moving headboard and it was covered with dust. I had to stop him and clean it off. It's amazing how much dust can gather. He said he did the dresser too but I'm not quite sure how clean he got it. The room is painted purple and hopefully the bed won't be held up by the snow. Not quite sure how the truck will get up the driveway. Tomorrow I've got to work on cleaning the rest of the stuff out so we can get it cleaned and Lyd's stuff moved in. I hurt so bad.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

RachelM

Postby RachelM » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:26 am

Shann, that's great that so many books have sold! My copies should be here in a week, and I'm excited to see it in print. :)

I'm sorry you're in so much pain. I hope that bed is a huge blessing and that you will be sleeping wonderfully.
My FaithWriters profile: RachelM FW member profile

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:03 pm

Okay.. I am back. Talk about fun. Resetting my comp has been... umm... tiring.

First it wouldn't let me install Windows, then told me to update, and would sit there thinking about for hours doing nothing. Finally got Windows on, with SP2 and SP3, went to restart and it wouldn't except my ball mouse. Well I fixed that. Silly computer.

So what have I mised? Shann's book selling, Kiddo's niece being a belly dancer... oh wait that was ballet. My bad. :mrgreen: Did Leah finish her paper in the last minute.. like so many Challenge articles.. remember sis Procrastination is more than just a word. :tongue
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Shann

Postby Shann » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:55 pm

I missed you Pup. I was getting ready to send out search party.

So my bed was supposed to come Friday but because of a measly three feet of snow, they didn't want to drive up my steep, long driveway. So they said Monday, but driveway still impassable so now they are holding it. I called to figure out and they said I needed to get a truck and come get it or meet at driveway. I started to cry and said I was disabled and hubby worked late and we don't have a truck and am I going to have to wait til Spring? The guy was sweet and said he'd call back. Well about an hour later there was knocking on door. The guy put it in his pickup and drove it over. (the Depot is 14 miles from my house) He then carried in 6 boxes weighing about 30 to 60 pounds each and taller than my head. I tried to tip him, but he wouldn't take it. I even offered him one of my books but he didn't take that either :? Hmm maybe they aren't doing as well as I thought. After all out of the books I've sold, 20 were at author's discount for me and 16 for Rachel, but still have sold 26 online. It's weird because if people buy from Amazon the royalties are half of what they are on CreateSpace. Still a dollar or two in royalties is more than what I had before. But I digress again so my house is still full of stuff from Lyd's old room and now 6 huge packages are in kitchen blocking door and fridge,... Guess it's a way to lose weight! I just hope Chris can figure out how to assemble it.

Where's Becky darlin' she's been quiet.
Shann

Shann's Profile

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:12 am

Maybe she got the other end of your winter storm and got turned into a snowman.... or snow-woman as the case may be. Then too, I know I am not the only one that gets kind of blah this time of year. Ho;idays are full of memories, and lost loved ones.. even the happy memories can seem sad.

Praying for you Kiddo. :hugs2

Now.. Off to delete a months worth of junk Email. :roll:

JesusPuppy Profile

Shann

Postby Shann » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:14 am

Ahh Pup you can be so intuitive. Hugs to you too. This may come as a surprise to you, but I tend to voice all that stuff. I know I seem quiet and introspective to you all... If my family doesn't stuff me in a closet this year, it'll be amazing. The stress of not seeing the kids in months and wanting everything just so for them has made me a tad stressful...

What about Shari? Are you lurking out there or did we scare you off?

We haven't seen Shelley, Seema, Barb, Tiara for quite some time. The first three used to lurk quietly, though I don't think Tiara was ever too quiet. :mrgreen:

Oh did I mention I entered the challenge this week? I hadn't entered all quarter and when I heard elephant in the topic, I knew I had to enter!
Shann

Shann's Profile

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:36 pm

It doesn't have anything to do with biting, elephants, and sleep-wear.. does it? :roll:

:tongue

Yeah I miss seeing Spunky show up, even with her occational "Quack" comment because she couldn't think of anything else to say.
:heehee

JesusPuppy Profile

deejay

Postby deejay » Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:57 pm

I haven't seen Eireann for quite some time. She once gave me her phone number, and I still have it in my address book, but I've never had the opportunity to use it.

Shann

Postby Shann » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:04 pm

Why Pup yes it does, how'd you guess? :D

Deejay who is Erieanne? I don't think I have heard that before.

I'm trying to clean up before kids come home but it would be easier to plow house down and start over. Sigh still can't get in kitchen.
Shann

Shann's Profile

RedBaron

Postby RedBaron » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:15 pm

Shann wrote:What about Shari? Are you lurking out there or did we scare you off?

I posted in the Prayer Requests section most recently.
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

"...hunt like a spider..." Cori - FW Con '07

Shann

Postby Shann » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:10 pm

Shari, I know you are so faithful to the boards. It's one of the many things I love about you. I was just musing after you dipped your toes into our wacky pool that we may have scared you off because you hadn't been back in here for a little while. Though I admit I am terrible with time. Sometimes it seems like ages and other times ages seem like sometimes. :mrgreen:
Shann

Shann's Profile

RedBaron

Postby RedBaron » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:20 am

It's not that I didn't want to post in here, it's just I was hoping people would start posting in the rest of the forum again. It has felt like a ghost town out there a lot of times. I miss the activity all over the forum.
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

"...hunt like a spider..." Cori - FW Con '07

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:52 am

It has gotten pretty quiet around here. We use to have so much fun, silly stuff like posting races, and riots when hinting was late. Ahhhh the wacky days. 8) Then too.. sad to think it.. maybe we have just grown up. :roll:

who is Erieanne?

Not sure, maybe Shari will remember, but first name to my mind was Sally.. The Cheeky Monkey girl. :heehee

As for scaring HER off? I don't think so. She has known me for a while, even met me in person, so.... :roll:

Luv ya sis. :mrgreen:

JesusPuppy Profile

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler