To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Frank's work and school - ANSWERED PRAYERS!!!!! PRAISE GOD!!

Share your prayer requests here. "Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." -Mark 11:24

Moderators: beaedwards, RedBaron

RedBaron

Frank's work and school - ANSWERED PRAYERS!!!!! PRAISE GOD!!

Postby RedBaron » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:44 pm

I can't find the old thread, so I started a new one.

Frank will have to do an internship before he graduates. He's about halfway. He was hoping to get a leave of absence to do it, and pay the money to keep our insurance. He still doesn't know if the internships are paid or not. He's heard both. He'll be setting up a meeting soon with both his current school and the one he's transferring to later to make sure.

He was also told at work, when asking about it, that since the degree he's going for, civil engineering isn't something that the company will use, so they won't allow the leave of absence.

So, he has couple of options. He can change to mechanical engineering, which based on research pays less than civil, and get an approved LOA. Or he's thinking about getting a new job, considering 3rd shift, so he doesn't have to take off work to go to class like he's doing this semester.

He started asking around about jobs, benefits, etc of different things around that he can do.

Pray that God gives Frank guidance, wisdom, and open the right doors. I'm still hoping I'll get my job with the kids' school, but it's been three years and I haven't even gotten an interview with them. I have two more years left on my teaching certificate and I don't want to renew it again for a job I won't get.
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

"...hunt like a spider..." Cori - FW Con '07

Allison
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Frank's work and school - again

Postby Allison » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:16 am

Wow. That sounds like a lot to navigate and figure out. Will be praying the rights decisions are made.
Isaiah 40:30-31 (NIV)

RedBaron

Postby RedBaron » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:50 am

Thanks. If I can get full-time with benefits with the school, it would make life so much easier. I'm going to try looking into some other online schools, but not sure how they feel about a parent having kids in another online school lol.

Just so much to figure out, but I know God already does. Just wish He'd drop a few more hints lol.

Frank's also aggravated with some "politics" at work and some of his coworkers, so that makes looking for a new job more appealing, but in this market, not sure what he can find.
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

Shann

Postby Shann » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:51 am

Dear Jesus,
Please grant Frank and Shari the wisdom to make the right decisions, the strength to follow your lead, and the comfort in knowing how much you love us and have a plan in all of this. Especially at this time of the year, it can be difficult to resist temptations to spoil our kids so give the kids the understanding that Mom and Dad are doing the best for them and love is far more important than material things. Thank you for schools and jobs in this difficult time. Thank you for family and friends. In your name we pray Amen.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

RedBaron

Postby RedBaron » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:02 pm

Frank heard about a job fair for another company this Thursday that would have 3rd shift openings. His current job runs day shifts, only.

There are rumors that the company is another subsidiary of the company that bought where he works, but I can't find any info on it to confirm it. If it IS, that would be awesome, as he would have priority and his seniority would move with him.

So he's going to go on Thursday and at least check it out.
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

beaedwards
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby beaedwards » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:16 pm

Father God, Shari and Frank are faithfully seeking You in their decisions so please in your Son's most precious Holy name give them full clarity and confirmation that the ways they are traveling are in completely in your will! Let their paths be smooth and sweet. Amen.

cgalmond
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby cgalmond » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:37 pm

RedBaron wrote:I can't find the old thread, so I started a new one.

Frank will have to do an internship before he graduates. He's about halfway. He was hoping to get a leave of absence to do it, and pay the money to keep our insurance. He still doesn't know if the internships are paid or not. He's heard both. He'll be setting up a meeting soon with both his current school and the one he's transferring to later to make sure.

He was also told at work, when asking about it, that since the degree he's going for, civil engineering isn't something that the company will use, so they won't allow the leave of absence.

So, he has couple of options. He can change to mechanical engineering, which based on research pays less than civil, and get an approved LOA. Or he's thinking about getting a new job, considering 3rd shift, so he doesn't have to take off work to go to class like he's doing this semester.

He started asking around about jobs, benefits, etc of different things around that he can do.

Pray that God gives Frank guidance, wisdom, and open the right doors. I'm still hoping I'll get my job with the kids' school, but it's been three years and I haven't even gotten an interview with them. I have two more years left on my teaching certificate and I don't want to renew it again for a job I won't get.

Praying for you as a family. When one door shuts another opens and when the Lord opens that door it will swing of its hinges!

Come forth
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby Come forth » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:06 pm

These are not great times to be going through work difficulties, but I am humbled by your honesty and transparancy. It shows your faith to be real and sincere.

Father, please reveal your plans and desires in this situation so clearly that Frank and Shari can move forward with boldness and confidence in You. Reward them with good jobs and future security in these troubled financial times. Heap blessings on them, Dad. Amen.

Blessings, Graham.
May we all get eyes to see and ears to hear,
A Revelation of His Word, crystal clear.
Admitting our need to be drawn in,
Less of self, more of Him.

My prayer for us all.
God bless us with the Revelation of His Word, Graham
http://www.shekinahcloud.com/page/page/8464330.htm

RedBaron

Postby RedBaron » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:07 pm

I found another online school and applied for a teaching position. I don't even know if they are hiring, but it can't hurt to try.
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

Colswann1

Postby Colswann1 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:57 am

May the Lord bless your efforts and concerns Shari, and praying that the Lord gives you the desires of your heart. :)
Colin Swann

Jesus’ love is constant and never wavers.

tomoral

Postby tomoral » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:05 am

My sincerest prayers are with you and Frank, that the whole situation be resolved for the best possible outcome for your both. It is a lot to handle, that's why it is soooo wonderful to have our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!
God Bless the beasts and the children
Give them shelter from the storms.
Children are our tomorrow
Keep them daily from the sorrow
Of the beasts in life

http://www.faithwriters.com/websites/my ... p?id=57394

RedBaron

Postby RedBaron » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:12 pm

THANK YOU, GOD! Thank all of you for praying! Frank's meeting went well, I didn't get lost, and he doesn't have to do an internship!!! This will make life SO much easier and reduce the amount of time he'll need to finish his degree. He's all set to start at Cleveland State University this fall!

He won't have to get a different job, since his current one was being stubborn about the internship. Classes don't go past 6 pm, so that means he'll be home at a decent hour, so more sleep.

We could not be happier!!!
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

RachelM

Re: Frank's work and school - ANSWERED PRAYERS!!!!! PRAISE G

Postby RachelM » Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:49 am

Praise the Lord! I'm so happy for your family! :D
My FaithWriters profile: RachelM FW member profile