To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Wondering

FaithWriters want your input to help make FaithWriters even better. What do writers really want? If you know the answer, post here.

Moderators: mikeedwards, beaedwards

Name
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Wondering

Postby Name » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:41 am

I finally made it to this place and I hope to come back again soon. The Name is, yes, it is.

I am wondering how much time most of you spend in writing?

In regard to your writing, do you just let 'er go and let it flow, or do you hover over it and give it life by design?

I've been wondering what techniques are used by others.

Thank you for your responses, if you will.

tomoral
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Wondering

Postby tomoral » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:14 pm

Dear Name,

I spend about 2-4 hours a day writing. I let it go and flow and then give it life by design. (Edit)

How about you? :roll:

Blessings, Lynn
God Bless the beasts and the children
Give them shelter from the storms.
Children are our tomorrow
Keep them daily from the sorrow
Of the beasts in life

http://www.faithwriters.com/websites/my ... p?id=57394

lish1936

Postby lish1936 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:43 pm

Name,

It's very difficult for me to quantify a specific amount of time that I spend in writing because I write whenever a thought comes to me. There are times when, especially early morning, when it's a fifteen minute jotting down of an idea.

Other times, I get an unexplainable need to create, and I will spend upwards of six hours writing until the piece is finished. (You can tell I'm retired) :-)

I wish I were more disciplined like many writers I know who set aside a time to write, even when not inspired. Jan's suggestion as posted in the following thread might be helpful. I suggest you click on for additional helps.

viewtopic.php?f=67&t=37659
Jan wrote:1. You already know your most productive time of day, and there are lots of variables that enter into that: family, your own body's preferences, your job, other things that need to be done. But whatever that time is, prioritize it. That will mean different things to different people.

Blessings,

Lillian
E-Book - Retirement Lane - How to Celebrate Life After 60

Fortunate 500

I write even when I think I can't, because I must. :-)

I love to write. Nothing escapes the crush I have on the written word. I'm hooked on words!!

"Let words bewitch you. Scrutinze them, mull them, savor them, and in combination, until you see their subtle differences and the ways they tint each other." Francis Flaherty

tomoral

Postby tomoral » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:28 am

My best time is early in the morning, after a cup of coffee has cleared my mind. But sometimes I have been known to stay up until two in the morning if I can't sleep and churn out a challenge entry, then edit it the next morning.
God Bless the beasts and the children
Give them shelter from the storms.
Children are our tomorrow
Keep them daily from the sorrow
Of the beasts in life

http://www.faithwriters.com/websites/my ... p?id=57394

Return to Feedback for FaithWriters