To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Need help from some published writers.

General, open discussion regarding writing, getting published, markets, pointers, and other related topics. All are welcome! No advertising, please!

Moderators: mikeedwards, Sparrow, RedBaron, cori67, itsjoanne, beaedwards

keviningram
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Need help from some published writers.

Postby keviningram » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:28 pm

Hi,

I would like to ask for some input from any published authors on here. After many years of preparation I am finally entering the realm of publishers and agents, and would like to learn a bit more about it from those who have been there recently. I think I know the process pretty well, and have all the preliminary bases covered, but I'd like to ask some input on what to expect for contract offers, terms and requirements. If someone could share with me privately your experiences and maybe give me a little insight, I sure would appreciate it. You can message me here on FaithWriters, or email me kevin@keviningram.com.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

lish1936
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Need help from some published writers.

Postby lish1936 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:37 pm

Kevin,
I'm assuming you're not interested in information about self-publishing "publishers."

Blessings,

Lillian
E-Book - Retirement Lane - How to Celebrate Life After 60

Fortunate 500

I write even when I think I can't, because I must. :-)

I love to write. Nothing escapes the crush I have on the written word. I'm hooked on words!!

"Let words bewitch you. Scrutinze them, mull them, savor them, and in combination, until you see their subtle differences and the ways they tint each other." Francis Flaherty

RedBaron

Postby RedBaron » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:56 pm

I haven't worked with an agent or publishing company, yet, but the best advice I have is avoid an agent who asks for money. They are working for you and get a percentage after the fact.
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

"...hunt like a spider..." Cori - FW Con '07

keviningram
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Postby keviningram » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:15 pm

Sure, Lillian, I'd love to hear any information about self-publishers. I had ruled that out but still watching and weighing the scales, I am not convinced it won't be an option in the future for legitmate fiction authors.

lish1936

Postby lish1936 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:09 pm

Kevin,

Outskirstspress.com was voted #1 by Top Consumer Reviews. http://www.topconsumerreviews.com/self-publishing/

http://www.outskirtspress.com/index.php

I also suggest you compare this company with companies advertised on Faithwriters. Although I noted one advertised company (Archway) has quite expensive fees.

Blessings,

Lillian
E-Book - Retirement Lane - How to Celebrate Life After 60

Fortunate 500

I write even when I think I can't, because I must. :-)

I love to write. Nothing escapes the crush I have on the written word. I'm hooked on words!!

"Let words bewitch you. Scrutinze them, mull them, savor them, and in combination, until you see their subtle differences and the ways they tint each other." Francis Flaherty

Return to Open Forum