To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Newbie!

Welcome to the FaithWriters.com member forums. We hope you will enjoy the fellowship, encouragement and inspiration of this community.

Please take a moment or two to read the information in this forum about posting. Thank you.

Moderators: RedBaron, itsjoanne

potterswheelministry
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Newbie!

Postby potterswheelministry » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:18 pm

Just submitted my first challenge piece and got a good review! Thank you Jesus. How do I thank the person that took the time LOL, still finding my way around!

rtodd5011
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)

Re: Newbie!

Postby rtodd5011 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:05 pm

Welcome to the forum! You may want to scroll down to the Newbie Nook and post there. You will find that the people here at faithwriters are very helpful. I glanced at your profile id, and the name really fascinated me. I see you are from Central Arkansas. I am from South Ark and reside in Mississippi.

May God richly bless you,
Richard Hicks
God Bless,
Rtodd (Rich) :thumbs

P.S. I am making a goal to be really stretched and work on fiction stories for the second quarter of 2014. I covet your prayers for creative and original ideas...Thanks in advance! :bow :coolsign

RedBaron

Postby RedBaron » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:32 am

Hi and :welcome
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

"...hunt like a spider..." Cori - FW Con '07

glorybee
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Postby glorybee » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:32 am

potterswheelministry wrote:Just submitted my first challenge piece and got a good review! Thank you Jesus. How do I thank the person that took the time LOL, still finding my way around!

It's not necessary to thank the people who comment on your challenge piece. Some people comment on many (or all!) of the entries, and getting a thank you from multiple people can even become wearying. Especially when they're of the the "thanks for commenting on my story" variety, without a reference so that the commenter doesn't know what story it was. Commenters don't really expect thanks, anyway.

In addition, if you "throw a brick" for your entry (you can find that thread here in the forums), you may get many comments, and it could become wearying for YOU to thank everyone.

The best way to show your thanks for getting comments on your article is to write your OWN comments on several entries each week.

Welcome to the challenge and to the forums, and we hope to see much more of you here!
Jan Ackerson

Shann

Postby Shann » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:04 pm

Congratulations on taking the plunge it's not easy! If you do want to send the person a note, just click on their name and you should be able to send them a PM. However, if they do not subscribe to the main site's PM or are a gold or platinum member, they may not be able to see it.

One of the things I try to do is click on their name which takes me to their profile and shows all the stories they have on the site, then I'll leave a comment on one of theirs.Though this week's story won't show up on the profile until next week when the winners are announced, it's still a way to leave feedback on previous articles.

Giving feedback is a great way to say thank you, plus I've learned so much from giving feedback. When I discover what does or doesn't work for me in others then I can take that and apply it to my own writing. For example it can be monotonous if every line starts with a characters name. I never realized I did that until the challenge.

The brick tossing that Jan mentioned is another great way to get feedback. You have to wait til the judging is done,(usually over the weekend) but then you can go here and leave a link: viewforum.php?f=56
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Come forth
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby Come forth » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:12 pm

Welcome and enjoy this great site.

I agree with the earlier comments about thanking people; the best way is to be active in making comments yourself. the more people join in the challenge, help each other to become better writers and join in the forums, the more the site achieves its goals and aims.

I especially want to mentions Jan's thread on the forum (Be a Better Writer--ASK AN EDITOR/WRITER/Etc. ).

Each week under the title 'Be a Better Writer', Jan posts a great lesson which is an awesome way to improve your writing skills. Well worth following each week.

Again welcome and blessings, Graham.
May we all get eyes to see and ears to hear,
A Revelation of His Word, crystal clear.
Admitting our need to be drawn in,
Less of self, more of Him.

My prayer for us all.
God bless us with the Revelation of His Word, Graham
http://www.shekinahcloud.com/page/page/8464330.htm

sadmar30
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby sadmar30 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:13 am

Giving feedback is a great way to say thank you, plus I've learned so much from giving feedback. When I discover what does or doesn't work for me in others then I can take that and apply it to my own writing.
leather jackets leather jacket
motorcycle jackets for women motorcycle jackets for women
brain dumps braindumps.sg
asvab tutoring asvab tutoring

RachelM
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby RachelM » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:32 am

Welcome! I'm so glad you found the weekly challenge. It's a lot of fun. I hope to see you around the site. FaithWriters is a great place to meet others with a similar passion and to be encouraged. God bless!
My FaithWriters profile: RachelM FW member profile

Return to Welcome and Information for Using the Forums