To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Bye

For those who like to discuss and debate theology. This is a forum for people who enjoy strong and lively debate with people who may not be likeminded. Participants are requested to always treat other opinions with respect.

Moderators: mikeedwards, RedBaron, cori67

jo555
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Bye

Postby jo555 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:42 am

Just stopped in to say bye to everyone. I'm leaving the forum. Nothing with the forum itself. I so long to get away from the internet; so long for the simplicity I had before all of it.

I've cut back a good deal, but when I do get on, seems I am on longer than I care for.

So, bye everyone. It has been a pleasure knowing you.

Have a very Merry Christmas!

For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
~Ephesians 3:14-19

Love in Christ,
Jo
People may be right in their own eyes, but the Lord looks upon the heart - Proverbs

jo555

Re: Bye

Postby jo555 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:50 am

Oh, and if you'd like to keep in touch, my email addy is newwine12345@yahoo.com. Just know I don't check email everyday so it may take me a few days to read it.
People may be right in their own eyes, but the Lord looks upon the heart - Proverbs

jo555

Postby jo555 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:01 am

Can someone with access / authority delete my membership. I can't find how to do that.
Thanks in advance.

Colswann1

Postby Colswann1 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:59 am

Bye, for now I hope. If things aren't becoming too obsessional please call in here from time to time. You can keep on a silver membership which is free, as an alternative to cancelling it. :)
Colin Swann

Jesus’ love is constant and never wavers.

tomoral

Postby tomoral » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:51 pm

So sorry to see you go. Merry Christmas and many, many, blessings to you. I enjoyed reading your posts!

Please stay as a silver member and join in on the challenge from time to time. :bow
God Bless the beasts and the children
Give them shelter from the storms.
Children are our tomorrow
Keep them daily from the sorrow
Of the beasts in life

http://www.faithwriters.com/websites/my ... p?id=57394

Deb Porter
FaithWriters and Site Admin
FaithWriters and Site Admin

Postby Deb Porter » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:51 am

Jo, just quickly, do you mean your forum membership or your membership at FaithWriters? We can just leave it open for you, unless you feel you need to make a complete break. I can totally understand the pull of the internet.

Anyway, just let me know. If you want the forum membership deleted, we can do it two ways. We can leave you as a cancelled member, but all your posts remain (with a deactivated user name, so no one would be able to contact you and you wouldn't be able to login). OR we can delete your account completely, which will wipe all your posts. It's up to you. Just let me know.

Love, Deb
Finesse Writing & Editing Service

FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator

Coming Soon ... Breath of Fresh Air Press (the home of FaithWriters' Books)

Shann

Postby Shann » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:41 pm

Ahh Jo I'm sad to see you go. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and if need be and God pulls you back I know you'll be welcomed with open arms!~ Hugs :grouphug
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

jo555

Postby jo555 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:21 am

Awww shucks. You all are awesome.

Cancelled member will do fine.

As I said, just need to simplify my life. The last few years I've spent caring for my parents, and this past year has been one of the most challenging, and feel the need to prune back on other things, especially internet. Just seems when I do go on with the intention of just checking something, I end up on way longer than I care for.

One easy click of an advertisement, or whatever, whatever, and you are orbiting through cyberspace for hours. At least that can be what often happens to me.

I love my parents much!

Thank you much!!!
Love in Him,
Jo

jo555

Postby jo555 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:34 am

Which reminds me of a piece I wrote. And so for now my last post will be a funny I wrote on cyberspace. It's called "Cyber Wars". You can view it in the articles review.

Hope it makes you smile.

I know. I know. I still think I am funny.

:tongue :mrgreen: :grouphug2

lish1936

Postby lish1936 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:04 pm

Jo,
I wish you well. But I hope "bye" doesn't mean forever. Perhaps, should your situation change, it'll be "hello" again in the future. With the Internet out of the way, maybe you can focus on additional writing - like a book, perhaps.

Nevetheless, may God's will be your highest priority.

Good-bye for now,

Lillian
E-Book - Retirement Lane - How to Celebrate Life After 60

Fortunate 500

I write even when I think I can't, because I must. :-)

I love to write. Nothing escapes the crush I have on the written word. I'm hooked on words!!

"Let words bewitch you. Scrutinze them, mull them, savor them, and in combination, until you see their subtle differences and the ways they tint each other." Francis Flaherty

eaglelion

Postby eaglelion » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:14 pm

Hi -

Bye, precious. GOD always knows best.
Psalm 63:8 - KJV
My soul followeth hard after thee:...

My profile http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=42309

Return to Theology Discussion and Chat