To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Southern Porch Extension

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

ready2go
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Southern Porch Extension

Postby ready2go » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:44 pm

If your turkey is still trotting around in the woods, you might need to consider an alternate plan B for tomorrow's main entrée.

Just sayin'...

Enjoy your Thanksgiving Day!

Don
John 14:6
Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

"My Journey To Jesus"
http://faithwriters.com/article-details.php?id=41225

http://faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=18654

"The Israel Connection"
http://theisraelconnection.blogspot.com/

"I have a story to tell...the saving gospel to share...and the fire of the Holy Spirit burning deep within my soul."

Edy

Postby Edy » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:28 am

I forgot to report that Allegra is home safe and sound and we can hardly wait to hear the stories she has to tell us.

This is the link I promised to find, telling about the people she went to China as a volunteer to help: http://www.loavesandfishesintl.com/index.php

We had a glorious Thanksgiving Eve service at church, tonight, with people passing the mike to give praise and thanksgiving reports. Then we had pie and coffee - don't ask me why people want to fill up on pie the night before a big Thanksgiving dinner, but our pastor likes pie! :lol: So, we just have to do it. The place was filled with a lot of new faces. I asked Howard if he noticed whether or not the lighted sign out front advertised pie. I guess Jesus wants us to feed the multitudes, and pie is probably as good as loaves and fishes.

Have a blessed and Happy Thanksgiving, you all! (I have to say that, since this is the Southern Porch.)
"Jesus Never Fails!" Love, Edy
The Gospel is such Good News even Christians don't believe it!
The Power of Story
We are the third temple! Acts 7:48, 1 Peter 2:4-5
Essentially Lutheran
My StoriesMy Blog:The Prairie Nightingale

ready2go

Postby ready2go » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:36 am

What does the turkey say this morning?

"Hey, it's gettin' a little warm in here, dontcha think?"

Have a blessed day thanking and praising the Lord for all He has provided for us!

Don
Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

"My Journey To Jesus"

"The Israel Connection"

"I have a story to tell...the saving gospel to share...and the fire of the Holy Spirit burning deep within my soul."

RiversidePeace
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Postby RiversidePeace » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:27 am

I didn't realise I was away awhile. My weeks are so busy lately with appointments and things. Oh, and just when I though I was having a great year, I was diagnosed with Hypo-thiroidism. Sigh. What I don't need but it explains a lot of things.
Chrissy

BettyDee

Postby BettyDee » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:18 pm

Hope everyone had a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving. We certainly did, and we are going to Don's niece's house tomorrow to do it all over again.

I plan to get some Christmas decorations up in the next few days. Probably will not do too many as we plan to be snow birds this year and spend some time at the Texas gulf coast. It will be after Christmas, but I don't want to worry about taking down decorations when I have so many other things to do to get ready to leave.

Chrissy, sorry you are dealing with hypothyroidism. Have you been prescribed anything for it? It is very treatable. Hope you feel better soon.
I'm Bound for the Promised Land

ready2go

Postby ready2go » Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:59 pm

Conversation I am having with the with the porch sitters...

Me:
"I'm really sorry to do this to y'all. I don't mean to do it, but I've made up my mind. A terrible burden will be placed on you in the coming weeks, and you certainly don't deserve it. I'm so sorry!"

Porch:
"Okay...so, what's this all about?"

Me:
"Well, as you probably know, the government and retailers everywhere have made projections as to how many $$$$$ the average family will spend this year on their Christmas shopping. Their $$$$$ projections for family spending are XX.X percent greater than last year."

Me:
"Think about it. Not only have retailers have hired additional workers to handle the on-coming flood of shoppers, but they have also invested money for increased inventory and product displays. They will be in trouble if their sales fall short of projections."

Porch:
"Okay...so, what's your point? How does that involve me?"

Me:
"Here's how it involves you. I'm not going to shop anywhere this Christmas season. No shopping means no buying, and no buying means no spending. Do you get it now? The $$$$$ I am expected to spend must now be added to the projected $$$$$ that you must spend."

Me:
"You must make up the difference. The survival of retailers everywhere in our shaky economy clearly rests on your shoulders. They are dependent on you. If you don't rise up to fill the gap by covering the $$$$$ I won't be spending, then, they and their employees will surely go bankrupt. Also, the public will begin to lose faith in government projections." :shock:

Porch:
"Wow! That's a bummer, but it must be done."

Me:
"Go now...spend, spend, spend! Go quickly...max out your credit cards! And, remember the best part...no payments will be due until January!"

Me:
"I'm so sorry!"

:lol:

Your friend, Don

"My Journey To Jesus"

"The Israel Connection"

RiversidePeace
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Postby RiversidePeace » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:33 pm

BettyDee wrote:
Chrissy, sorry you are dealing with hypothyroidism. Have you been prescribed anything for it? It is very treatable. Hope you feel better soon.

My doctor was so impressed with my other blood results from 6 months ago that he is going to wait unti March… My Nathropath has worked wonders so he'll work with her for now. If my next thyroid test are better then this one he'll delay traditional medication. If the reults are much the same or worse, I'll need the medication with the natural.

I do feel better for the herbal potions, vitamins and minerals based on my previous blood tests…most days. My bummer days are still just that so we'll see. It's the combination of symptoms from Fibromyalgia, Arthritis and Chronic fatigue, and now Thyroid that messes me up. Plus, my allergies are annoying when it comes to mediction of any kind. I dicovered that Vitamin C from citrus, although best for most, is not nice to me. Even most over the counter vitamins have Vit C in them. :(

However, I try not to complain. If I'm MIA for days on end it's probably because I'm wiped out in pain and fatigue when all of the above symptoms colide.

Chrissy

RiversidePeace
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Postby RiversidePeace » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:34 pm

Don, I must have missed something or you have lost it completely because you are not making sense to me.

Chrissy

ready2go

Postby ready2go » Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:36 pm

RiversidePeace wrote:Don, I must have missed something or you have lost it completely because you are not making sense to me.

Chrissy

I was just trying to be funny with the push mentality to spend, spend, spend for the season. But you're right...I think I've finally lost it! :lol:
Don

"My Journey To Jesus"

"The Israel Connection"

RiversidePeace
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Postby RiversidePeace » Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:44 pm

ready2go wrote:
RiversidePeace wrote:Don, I must have missed something or you have lost it completely because you are not making sense to me.

Chrissy

I was just trying to be funny with the push mentality to spend, spend, spend for the season. But you're right...I think I've finally lost it! :lol:
Don

Well then, that explains it. :lol: But then, I have been told I have lost it too so I should have understood…but you are American after all. ;) We speak different "lost its".

Chrissy

Edy

Postby Edy » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:51 pm

Happy 2nd Day of Thanksgiving, you all!

I had turkey dinner, again today, with a couple of my precious brothers. God is so good to give us family. I do have more than my share. It takes more than one day to celebrate every holiday, just trying to connect with as many as possible - which is why I really appreciate the 12 Days of Christmas! 8)

Since I hate to have anyone feel left out, I'm glad the more distant relations have a gathering of their own we can enjoy with them vicariously.

Chrissy and Don, even through your own pains and troubles, you share the joy of the Lord with your sense of humor. I always appreciate that. As one with a primary gift of mercy (Romans 12), I "weep with those who weep, and rejoice with those who rejoice." Since I'm more prone to weeping, I need the rejoicers to balance the "books." Thank you, all!

What a stress-less Thanksgiving time this has been, with no travel, except to daughter Lonnie's (in the suburbs) with our contribution to the meal in tow. You should have seen her house! She does catering for weddings, etc., at her church, and her house looked like it. Long tables in the dining room, the family room and even the living room (I didn't count how many individuals were there, but trying to recapitulate, I'm in the neighborhood of 35 family members, but added friends could bring up the count).

We are blessed and I am beyond grateful. Oh, I started reading a new book, another source of rejoicing and thankfulness...fascinating. Maybe I'll share more about that another time. Much love to you all - All for Jesus!
"Jesus Never Fails!" Love, Edy
The Gospel is such Good News even Christians don't believe it!
The Power of Story
We are the third temple! Acts 7:48, 1 Peter 2:4-5
Essentially Lutheran
My StoriesMy Blog:The Prairie Nightingale

ready2go

Postby ready2go » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:55 am

Just think!

There's only 234 days left until the 4th of July!! 8)

Yeeeeeee Hawwwwwwww!!!

That right there is proof positive I've slid off the edge.

Don

"My Journey To Jesus"

"The Israel Connection"

deejay

Postby deejay » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:05 pm

A lady at church gave me $20 last Sunday so I could have Thanksgiving dinner at Norm's restaurant. They serve portions to feed two people--three if you're from a third world country! :D I couldn't finish my (apple) pie! NI didn't have it bagged. But the service manager served me, with a bit of assistance from a waitress when he was busy. It's a great place, uniquely Southern Californian with their trademark "Googie" architecture. What impressed me was that despite their being very busy, the staff were calm and very professional. If you've never been to So Cal, I believe their website is www.normsrestaurants.com , so check them out. The food was absolutely the best!

BettyDee

Postby BettyDee » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:56 pm

It does sound like everyone was blessed on Thanksgiving. We had another wonderful meal today.

Chrissy, I do hope the naturopath helps you.

Hey Don, I thought your post was hilarious, and I'm really glad I'm not the only one who talks to myself!

So now that Thanksgiving is over, what Christmas traditions are you looking forward to?

BTW, Don, the Fourth of July is a LONG ways off!
I'm Bound for the Promised Land

RedBaron

Postby RedBaron » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:40 pm

Tired of waiting on y'all to come out and play in the main area, so I'm going to start popping in more often. I miss talking to everyone, but I have no idea what's been going on, and I can't catch up on months of posts.
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

"...hunt like a spider..." Cori - FW Con '07

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler