To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

How God Provides - Winners Here Now!

This forum is reserved for member articles being submitted for specific blogging contests.

Moderator: mikeedwards

P.J.Baker
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

How God Provides - Blog Contest

Postby P.J.Baker » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:30 pm

How God Provides and Why He Loves Providing

The first time I prayed in faith for God to provide was when I was a teenager. I’d heard of an organisation that sent mission teams to exotic places to do building work in needy communities. I was ready for an adventure with God!

I started fund-raising. After a charity dinner and a raffle I was still £500 short, and only had a week to raise it. I didn’t know anything about christian dogma, but I knew God could do the impossible.

“Dear Lord, if you want me to go on this trip, please provide me with the money, as soon as possible!” I prayed.

In my heart I heard these good bible verses:

“Ask and it will be given to you…For everyone who asks receives.” (NIV Matt 7v7-8)

Later that day, a man who knew my dad gave him an envelope with £500 in for my trip. He also offered to drive me the 100 miles to the preparatory weekend, and back!

“But how did he know I needed exactly £500?” I asked my Dad.

“Well…God probably told him!”

That totally blew my mind. Not only did God care for me, hear and answer my prayers, he also told other people how they could be an answer to my prayer. I was now hooked on praying and wanted to know more about this incredibly generous, involved God.

Before I left on the trip a friend gave me a card with this verse in:

“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, with prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God of… will guard your hearts and minds.” (NIV Phil 4v6)

I remembered these verses, and they became my strategy of handling being away from home for the first time and discovering another culture. Through them I became more aware of and dependent upon God as a Father, less anxious in general and more joyful when prayers were answered!

Since then I have read, meditated on, breathed in, declared and prayed this inspirational bible verse until it became part of me. It has become one of those quotes to live by.

I have been in need many times, and have seen many answers to prayer. When we gave birth to a beautiful baby boy, God’s provision truly blessed us! We were given a cot, pre-loved toys and baby clothes. My heart was stretching with joy and gratitude.

But the other day, I went to a mom and baby group. The only other mom there was immaculate, she looked like she had walked out of a magazine. I tried not to be intimidated and smiled.

In one glance she dismissed me, and turned away. I hadn’t even noticed the scuffs on the stroller till now.

“How dare she judge me for my appearance!” I told myself.

“Love is the most importance thing.” I consoled myself.

But I kept imagining her in her perfect world, choosing whatever stroller or baby clothes she wanted She had more than enough money, and she had choice. Envy niggled in my heart.

“We’re so grateful you provide for us, Lord. But how does she get such an easy life?”

“Blessed are those who are poor in spirit for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.” (NIV Mat 3v5)

“It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom.” (NIV Mat 19v24)

Suddenly I realised. The true pearl in my life is my relationship with Father God, which began and is sustained by my dependence upon him.

The rich mom doesn’t need God’s provision, so God may never get a chance to father and care for her.

I felt such sadness in God’s heart for those who don’t think they need him. He loves providing for us because we’re his children, and he is our Daddy. Now, every time I see a rich mom I pray:

“Father, every good and perfect gift is from above (NIV Jam1v17), find a way to reach into this woman’s life and fill her up with your love, so she may meet her Father God.”

May you enjoy an adventure with God as you grow in faith and see many amazing answers to prayer!

You can find other testimonies of God’s amazing provision at http://www.howgodprovides.com.

P.J.Baker
P.J.Baker@live.co.uk
Member # 62789
Gold

http://writerpjbaker.blogspot.co.uk/201 ... loves.html

http://www.faithwriters.com/article-det ... ?id=164893

posting.php?mode=reply&f=92&t=37542#

itsanewmorning
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Re: NEW CONTEST - How God Provides - Blog Contest

Postby itsanewmorning » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:57 am

Five Kids and a Flood
(How God Provides After the Storm)

The call for mandatory evacuation didn’t scare us; the city of Long Beach stretches between the Atlantic and the bay with less than a mile across. It often cried wolf before a storm.

“Guys, don’t go crazy packing—we’ll be home in a day or two. Just two outfits and a sweatshirt.” Andrew dropped his baseball gear on the wooden floor next to Stephen’s new guitar amp; Elijah and Aaron left their video games on the coffee table. Jordan threw a few Barbies back in her toybox. I finished a load of towels and left them in a laundry basket on the floor.

Gene shook his head as he stomped downstairs. “My mom refuses to leave, so I’m staying.”

I grumbled, but at least our dog could stay back too.

I drove our five kids to my parents’ home on Long Island’s north shore, away from the ocean. As the wind howled, trees cowered; one snapped and knocked down power lines. In the dark, I checked my glowing phone every two minutes.

Mom squeezed my shoulders in a bear hug. “Don’t worry. I’m sure they’re fine.”

“I know.” I dialed again. Why wouldn’t he answer?

After the storm calmed down, Gene finally called. “Everything’s destroyed.”

“What?”

“We’re fine, but the whole first floor is ruined.”

“What happened?”

“The ocean met the bay, and water rushed in like the Titanic; it filled the basement and rose two feet high on the first floor.”

Was it worse than I imagined?

“…Are you still there?”

“Yeah. At least everyone’s okay.”

“Hug the kids for me. I love you.”

What now?

If anyone asked, I’d smile and answer, “We’re okay.” We were a healthy family, had food and survived Hurricane Sandy; how could I complain?

So we endured. God provided us with strength to deal with the many challenges and inconveniences. My mother-in-law stayed with relatives; we moved upstairs in her two rooms while workers gutted the first floor. The kids slept on blow up mattresses or piles of blankets for two months. Without heat and hot water, we warmed pots of water for bathing. We cooked frozen food in a toaster oven. On Thursday nights, we gathered ten garbage bags of laundry to wash at the Laundromat and drank coffee. After so much was taken away, we rejoiced at every step back to normalcy. Even clean clothes.

Government aid (FEMA) covered the initial cost of gutting our house, but we were left with a skeleton of a house without kitchen, first floor bathroom, or even doors. Finishing the house would cost five times what we spent on de-molding.

Gene’s forehead creased as he spoke softly: “I know you want to keep homeschooling Jordan, but we have to be realistic.”

My face muscles tightened.

“If you work full-time, we can pay our bills…and we have two kids in college next year.”

His whispered words sounded painfully loud, but I nodded. I knew. I wanted to curse the storm for changing everything, but I prayed instead.

The day after we talked about me getting a better job, I was promoted at work; I’d work nine to five at double the pay. Thank you, Lord. Having more money helped, brought us closer to enough, but without having flood insurance, fixing our house still seemed impossible. Our home felt more like camping, like we’d be camping forever.

And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of His glory in Christ Jesus. (Philipians 4:19)

Ten months later…

Pastor Pete asked us, “How are you guys?”

“Okay.”

“Have you applied for help from Samaritan’s Purse Ministries?”

They’d set up their offices at our church since the storm hit, but we never thought to ask.

Four weeks after applying, we began telling ourselves, “There are so many people who need help more than us. We’ve been blessed with a healthy family, and…” but truth is we were disappointed before we ever got an answer.

Five weeks after applying, we got a letter from Samaritan’s Purse—a “Yes” letter. Our house would be fixed—mended by the loving hands of God.

Today, willing volunteers show up in orange shirts, ready to help us rebuild and share God’s love with our community. I look back at this year and the time wasted worrying, and He reminds me: “See how the lilies of the field are clothed?” (Matthew 6:28-34) How can I ever doubt how God provides again? Even after a storm.

Francy Judge
Member # 40309
Platinum
http://www.itsanewmorning.com/2013/11/f ... flood.html
http://www.faithwriters.com/article-det ... ?id=164905
https://www.facebook.com/frances.judge.52

itsanewmorning
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby itsanewmorning » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:01 am

(How God Provides After the Storm)

The call for mandatory evacuation didn’t scare us; the city of Long Beach stretches between the Atlantic and the bay with less than a mile across. It often cried wolf before a storm.

“Guys, don’t go crazy packing—we’ll be home in a day or two. Just two outfits and a sweatshirt.” Andrew dropped his baseball gear on the wooden floor next to Stephen’s new guitar amp; Elijah and Aaron left their video games on the coffee table. Jordan threw a few Barbies back in her toybox. I finished a load of towels and left them in a laundry basket on the floor.

Gene shook his head as he stomped downstairs. “My mom refuses to leave, so I’m staying.”

I grumbled, but at least our dog could stay back too.

I drove our five kids to my parents’ home on Long Island’s north shore, away from the ocean. As the wind howled, trees cowered; one snapped and knocked down power lines. In the dark, I checked my glowing phone every two minutes.

Mom squeezed my shoulders in a bear hug. “Don’t worry. I’m sure they’re fine.”

“I know.” I dialed again. Why wouldn’t he answer?

After the storm calmed down, Gene finally called. “Everything’s destroyed.”

“What?”

“We’re fine, but the whole first floor is ruined.”

“What happened?”

“The ocean met the bay, and water rushed in like the Titanic; it filled the basement and rose two feet high on the first floor.”

Was it worse than I imagined?

“…Are you still there?”

“Yeah. At least everyone’s okay.”

“Hug the kids for me. I love you.”

What now?

If anyone asked, I’d smile and answer, “We’re okay.” We were a healthy family, had food and survived Hurricane Sandy; how could I complain?

So we endured. God provided us with strength to deal with the many challenges and inconveniences. My mother-in-law stayed with relatives; we moved upstairs in her two rooms while workers gutted the first floor. The kids slept on blow up mattresses or piles of blankets for two months. Without heat and hot water, we warmed pots of water for bathing. We cooked frozen food in a toaster oven. On Thursday nights, we gathered ten garbage bags of laundry to wash at the Laundromat and drank coffee. After so much was taken away, we rejoiced at every step back to normalcy. Even clean clothes.

Government aid (FEMA) covered the initial cost of gutting our house, but we were left with a skeleton of a house without kitchen, first floor bathroom, or even doors. Finishing the house would cost five times what we spent on de-molding.

Gene’s forehead creased as he spoke softly: “I know you want to keep homeschooling Jordan, but we have to be realistic.”

My face muscles tightened.

“If you work full-time, we can pay our bills…and we have two kids in college next year.”

His whispered words sounded painfully loud, but I nodded. I knew. I wanted to curse the storm for changing everything, but I prayed instead.

The day after we talked about me getting a better job, I was promoted at work; I’d work nine to five at double the pay. Thank you, Lord. Having more money helped, brought us closer to enough, but without having flood insurance, fixing our house still seemed impossible. Our home felt more like camping, like we’d be camping forever.

And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of His glory in Christ Jesus. (Philipians 4:19)

Ten months later…

Pastor Pete asked us, “How are you guys?”

“Okay.”

“Have you applied for help from Samaritan’s Purse Ministries?”

They’d set up their offices at our church since the storm hit, but we never thought to ask.

Four weeks after applying, we began telling ourselves, “There are so many people who need help more than us. We’ve been blessed with a healthy family, and…” but truth is we were disappointed before we ever got an answer.

Five weeks after applying, we got a letter from Samaritan’s Purse—a “Yes” letter. Our house would be fixed—mended by the loving hands of God.

Today, willing volunteers show up in orange shirts, ready to help us rebuild and share God’s love with our community. I look back at this year and the time wasted worrying, and He reminds me: “See how the lilies of the field are clothed?” (Matthew 6:28-34) How can I ever doubt how God provides again? Even after a storm.

Francy Judge
Member # 40309
Platinum
http://www.itsanewmorning.com/2013/11/f ... flood.html
http://www.faithwriters.com/article-det ... ?id=164905
https://www.facebook.com/frances.judge.52

tantrum12
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby tantrum12 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:22 pm

Re: NEW CONTEST – How God Provides Protection when We Are Foolish – Blog Contest
By Sharon Eastman
How God Provides Protection when We Are Foolish

Horror struck me when I realized I was trapped in the rusty old car fleeing down the Hollywood Freeway. I started screaming as the man blocked me in this clunker’s seat, his right side obstructing the passenger’s door. His partner drove frantically securing the driver’s side. I was pathetically locked in this car not knowing where I was or who I was with. I prayed desperately knowing how God provides protection even when we are foolish.

It was the 1970s, the hippy era, and I had forsaken all my home grown Christian dogma and values. My friends and I looked to the popular Eastern religions and astronomy for spiritual direction. We all wore bell bottoms and poet tops, attended protest rallies, but, fortunately, refrained from illicit drug use. All we needed was love but not the agape kind God gives. We wanted thrills and excitement at any cost. We thought we were invincible.

I landed in this predicament by my own folly. Frank, my cousin, and I were walking down the Los Angeles’ Sunset Strip and began to hitch hike. A banged up old car stopped, and we naively entered it. The two men, who picked us up, had dark complexions and spoke in Spanish. When we asked to be freed, they released Frank but pushed me back into the car. My heart sank, and then my adrenaline glands began to work. My heart sky rocketed, and I thought, I knew that I was going to die.

“Senorita,” they asked as we zoomed down the road. “What’s your name?”

“Maria,” I lied in hysteria.

“Where’s the drugs?” they asked in broken English.

“I don’t know.”
“Liar!!!” and the passenger slapped me across the face.

I winced. Although I had asked Jesus into my life as a child, I asked fervently again. I knew the living God was the only one who could save me from this ordeal. I tried to remember a childhood inspirational Bible verse, but the only one I could remember was John 3:16. “Jesus, Jesus, Jesus,” I screamed in my head and hummed “Jesus Loves Me” to calm my terrified soul.

My kidnappers came to a sudden halt in a dark and dreary neighborhood. They settled down feeling secure in their surroundings. Then, the passenger placed on black leather gloves and sneered at me.

At that frightful moment, the Holy Spirit (and my Superman glands) gave me the strength to push the driver forward and unlock his door. I escaped and ran screaming down the street to the safety of a busy pharmacy.

I called home, and Frank picked me up. “Halleluiah!” Frank exclaimed. “You’re safe!”

“Safe but shaken. Praise the Lord, who rescued and protected me!”

“We were so stupid. We’ll never hitch hike again.”

“Right on!” I said with relief and joy.

I really learned my lesson the hard way. God will provide protection even though we are foolish. The best thing is to never tempt God by Satan or stupidity.

How God provides protection is demonstrated in the scriptures. Jesus was sorely tempted by Satan to jump from the pinnacle of the temple. Jesus knew angels would and could save him. But, Jesus answered unto him . . .”It is said, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.” Luke 4:12 KJV. God will provide protection, but we must be sensible, too.

After my frightening hitch hiking experience, both, Frank and I, forsook the hippy crowd, returned to church, and are living our lives for the Lord. I cherish every moment of my life. I know I almost lost it, but God protected me. I appreciate all things – the dawn, the singing birds, and the twilight sunset. My favorite inspirational words are by Robert Louis Stevenson. “The world is so full of a number of things, I’m sure we should be as happy as kings.” And, Jesus alone holds the key to life and happiness.

Written by: Sharon Eastman
I.D.# 45971 (Silver)

http://www.faithwriters.com/article-details.php?id=164909

http://sharoneastman123.blogspot.com/

https://www.facebook.com/sharone123321/posts/1449265005300676

RethaGroenewald
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby RethaGroenewald » Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:30 pm

How God Provides the Unexpected

I had lost my job, my home and I was drowning in debt. I felt trapped, and the only answer I received from God was Matthew 6:25-33. It didn't matter what I asked or what I prayed about, this was the answer I received for a period of 6 months.

What were inspirational words in the beginning became an irritation. I was at wits end and God wasn't speaking to me, except with this passage.

Desperately, I read the passage one morning for the umpteenth time. What was it that I was missing? Obviously I'm not getting the message if this is the only answer God is giving me on all my questions.

My eyes fell on verses 32-33 and it was as if I was reading it in slow motion and for the first time, every word was accentuated.

These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs. Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need. (Matthew 6:32–33(NLT)

Then I saw the revelation; it was there all the time.

For the first time in my life I understood what it meant that God was truly in control of my life. He knew. God knew I needed food to eat, clothes to wear and a place to sleep. He knew about my debt that was increasing daily. He knew. The Bible said so.

Secondly, these daily necessities dominated the thought process of unbelievers. Shocked I realized it was dominating mine, but I wasn’t an unbeliever! I believed in God. Did I? The simplicity of it all dawned on me. If I believed in God, that He is my provider, that He is first in my life, then I should believe this passage.

It said that God knew! I wasn’t alone in this mess, God was with me and He knew what I needed. It also said that God will give me everything I needed. All I had to do was to stop worrying, and to start focusing on God and not on my problems.

When I lifted my eyes from the ground and looked up, focusing my eyes on God, my life changed. I slept peacefully every night in the midst of everything, because I knew God would take care of me. And He did in a way that surpassed my wildest dreams.

One of the intercessors in our church approached me one Sunday after church. We knew of each other, but not well enough to claim friendship. I knew she was planning a trip to Israel in October that year. I was very interested to hear about her trip because going to Israel was one of the desires of my heart. She began telling me about her plans and that she wanted to go with a friend. She had asked God who should go with her. God had told her the friend that should go with her was me. Before I could say anything she continued, “God said I must pay all your expenses, you only need to provide your spending money and money for food.”

We left for Israel on 4 October 2008 and spent 21 days in Israel. We also went to Petra. What an unexpected blessing!

That was not all how God provided. A week before we left for Israel, a friend of mine phoned me to share their news. Her husband was a very successful business man, who due to bad partnership choices lost everything. They had to start all over again. That day they received their first payment on the new contract and God had told them to bless me with a certain amount of money. She wanted my banking details. The amount of money that they blessed me with was the exact amount of debt I had.

I left for Israel, debt free, and spent 21 wonderful days traveling the country with a new friend.

How God provides is amazing and sometimes unexpected. Who knew someone with no money and a lot of debt would go to Israel all expenses paid and debt free?

God knew.

Quotes to Live By
• If God says so, it is so
• Don’t worry trust God
• God is my Provider
• God knows what I need more than I do

Inspirational Bible Verses
• Matthew 6:25-33
• John 6:27

Name: Retha Groenewald
Member number: 62196
Platinum
article link: http://www.faithwriters.com/article-det ... ?id=164922
blog link: http://www.biblefascination.com/how-god ... nexpected/

2BHisbest
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby 2BHisbest » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:42 pm

How God provides miraculous water

Before purchasing an abandoned farm with no electricity, we were concerned about our drinking water. There were no signs of minerals in the water, by looking in the sink and toilet, so we felt confident. After the purchase, we were able to start the well pump. The water pump worked, but the well was dry. We found out that if it rained for several days in a row, we could get water for about 15 – 20 minutes. Not good enough for a family of four!

We knew that God had moved us to the farm, but what do we do now? A trip from the local well drilling company informed us that a new well would cost $5,000.00 which we didn’t have. It would take a long time to save up that amount, and we were carrying gallons of water daily. We read our Bible and got on several good web sites like howgodprovides.com which shared Bible verses of God’s provision. Psalms 28:19-20 “They said, “Can God prepare a table in the wilderness? Behold, He struck the rock, So that the waters gushed out…” If God did it for them, and He changes not, than He will do it for us.

We had no idea how God would provide this necessity when there were no finances to obtain it, but we stood on the Bible’s inspirational words and believed. Two weeks passed as we continued to carry water. The neighbor stopped in to meet us. His name was Charlie and he was very personable. We shared the story of why we moved to the farm. We let him know that we had quite a bit of work to do, but our biggest concern was the fact that we had no water available. He assured us that it was no problem at all. “My father-in law used to own this farm. When we built our home next door, we had no source of water, so we attached the two houses together with plumbing. Pipes are buried underground between the homes. We used your well to supply our house. When we were able to put in our own well, we removed one small connector and shut off a valve. Let’s just replace the connector, open the valve, and you can receive your water from our well.”

The Bible verses we stood on had now been proven. They were good Bible verses. Our water solution had been set up years before we were aware of the need. Our Heavenly Father had went before us and arranged His provision.

The temporary solution was firmly in His hands, but the permanent water came just as miraculously. For two years we stood on the inspirational words that we read and then a crisis hit, or so we thought. We were notified by mail that the pension we received each month had been cut. The following month’s check would only be 16% of what we had been receiving. We didn’t know how we were going to make ends meet, so spent only the bare minimum. A week after the notice, we received our income tax refund and we stuck it in the bank instead of using it.

The following month, we were notified that the parent company had agreed to pick up the difference. We would be receiving full monthly pensions again. After rejoicing, and receiving the retroactive deposit from the previous month, we checked our bank account and realized that there was $5,000.00 in it. $5,000.00 was exactly the amount needed for a water well. Our needs were met without a bank loan or monthly payments. It was a direct gift from God’s own hand to our family.

How God provides amazes us. He always comes up with fresh and unexpected ways to meet our needs and the needs of all of His children. I am a planner. It’s how God made me. I will, time and time again, plan out His provision for our lives. I know that I know that He will not let us fall. But each time I come up with His plan for our need, I am wrong. His creativity makes life exciting. Our family calls it “miraculous water” regularly as it came from our wonderful Heavenly Father. We will praise His name forever.

Pamela Reederthwaite
I.D. # 60189
Platinum

http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=60189
https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogI ... 7823791547

Miller212
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby Miller212 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:57 pm

How God Provides Beauty for Ashes

I was wounded; left scarred and broken from the effects of abuse. Love was all I wanted, but it was the one thing I ran from. My life was defined by pain, and intimate relationships of any sort were only certain to add more sorrow. If you remain alone and isolate yourself no one can hurt you.

Then I met Michael. What attracted me to him was his strength; I felt safe in his presence and secure when around him. We became friends at a distance. Though I rarely talked to him, I enjoyed sitting beside him in the prayer room or at class, and he didn't seem to mind. I was just a scared child looking for someone to keep me safe.

I remember the first few months when we were dating. We would sit in his bedroom and he would talk for hours while I sat and listened. Patiently and gently he would lead my heart into vulnerability, tenderly prying it open and allowing me to show him the beauty within. Whenever he got too close I would ask him to tell me stories about his childhood. He would relay tale after tale without complaint, allowing me to nestle into the warmth of his security until I was ready to open up about my own childhood. He didn't seem to be concerned with my fears and hesitancy; he was determined to know my heart.

And he never touched me. From experience my mind had come to believe the lie that men only wanted one thing: sex. Your personhood, emotions, and heart were inconsequential as long as the guy got his sexual hunger scratched. Michael, however, was not like any other guy.

We ended up getting married. Marriage was something I never desired, yet somehow the Lord knows exactly what each of our hearts need to find fullness and freedom in Him. I remember lying in his arms after making love and knowing that what we just experienced was a beautiful gift from the Lord and wholly selfless. I, Kimberly Miller, knew I was valued not for my body, but for my heart. Even during weeks on end when panic attacks overwhelmed my body and sensory memories made me collapse in tears during attempts at union, he would hold my quivering body and let me weep in his arms until the safety of his presence lulled me to sleep. He never once forced himself upon me or demanded what I could not give.

Back in the days when I was too scared to open up I didn't know how to tell him what I was feeling. He used to gently tap my head with his finger, and I knew this to mean he was asking what I was thinking. Seconds, minutes, stretches of silence would go by while I anxiously squirmed to release the words that I so longed to speak. His eyes would probe mine and he would wait; he never was irritated or impatient. Today he can hardly get me to be quiet and he knows what I’m thinking just by a look in my eyes. I’m no longer afraid to trust.

There’s days when I look at Michael and stand in awe of the goodness of the Lord in my life; there’s also days when I question what He was thinking when He ordained for me to marry this knucklehead of a man. All in all, he’s the best thing that’s happened to me. In the place of pain and sorrow He provided a man to show me what His love looks like and how to receive that love. To a life that knew naught but abandonment and abuse He provided a companion that resembled His nature and echoed His heartbeat. He gave me beauty for ashes and the oil of joy for my mourning. He restored my soul and through the knowledge of love made me whole. Praise God; He provided through Michael a love that set me free. Through Michael I saw Jesus.

For those of you who have known your own share of struggles and were encouraged by my testimony, I encourage you to check out the website http://www.howgodprovides.com to be edified by testimonies of how God has provided for countless more individuals. Be uplifted by inspirational Bible verses and meaningful quotes as your heart is satiated with the truth of God’s goodness and His unfailing love.
Kimberly Miller
Platinum
Member #56583

http://www.faithwriters.com/article-det ... ?id=164927
http://miller212.wordpress.com/2013/11/ ... for-ashes/

seasalt44
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Postby seasalt44 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:49 pm

How God Provides

God is my provider. I trust in this and live in faith that He will do as he has done in the past. I believe He will provide as
• God provided a friend to respond to my desperate cry when by first born daughter wasn’t breathing and I had no transportation, as
• God provided a neighbor to help me when my son “drowned in a water-filled hole in the back yard, as
• God provided-a gas card at the midnight hour before our leaving the next day-to pay for gas for us, husband and wife in their 50’s, to leave-giving up the jobs we believed He had provided-to go attend Columbia International University, and as
• God provided daily bread and shelter in good measure, running over, when we had no income.

This testimony had become our vision of how God provides.

Writing The 11:45 Call was different though, somehow. My husband and I never dreamed of being co authors of anything, much less a Bible Study. Who were we to even think of such a task? But God called, we obeyed even to putting our small “God provided” savings into publication and other expenses. We did what God called us to do and then rested.

I realize now that then we expected God to move His message out to those God “called” to engage in personal or corporate Bible study.

Just after the book came out we felt led to conduct a promotional trip which took what little bit we had been able, by God’s provision, to restore to our savings. The 1000+ mile trip turned out to be a delightful trail of prayer intercession and testimony as God led us from one prayer need to another. A few bookstores agreed to put the book on the shelf but there is no way we can count the blessings from that trip.

Promotional offerings flowed from the publisher’s book consultant and even though we appreciated the contact it always required money we didn’t have and we didn’t feel led to move in those directions. Then the moment came when I decided it was time for me to do an in depth Bible study using the book God had written through us.

To my dismay I found an error on page 69. The book we had paid to have edited had errors. I even found several more. The wind was taken from my sails as I wondered how could we promote a book with errors in it. Our book consultant came to the rescue. “All first editions have errors.” Ok, I can buy that and after considerable prayer we begin a small campaign of letting people know the book was available.

Faithwriters begin to play an important role of encouragement and provision of opportunity to promote the book and hence get the message in the hands of those “called” to read it.

And then, God provided a book consultant that
1. had probably read the book judging from her comments,
2. offered encouragement that was real and down to earth
3. connected in such a manner as we believe she was “God provided”.

Back on track, we are now “resting” in faith that God will provide with a renewed reminder that we must “put our feet into the water” before He will “part the sea”. God called us to write, called us to publish, and called us to get the message into the hands of those “called” to use it for study and preparation. He faithfully provided the means for us to accomplish what He called us to do.

Lord, help us to be found faithful and do our part.

Right now, we are praying for God to provide someone to lead a Bible study using the book so that we can participate in a corporate Bible study and find out the rest of the story of God’s provision through The 11:45 Call and studying, researching and writing James Sets the Plumb Line.

Brenda K. Blakely
Member #7537
Platinum

http://www.faithwriter.com/article-det...?id=163943
http://www.faithwriters.com/websites/my ... phpid+7577
http://the1145call.wordpress./...ad.min/

merrimj1122
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby merrimj1122 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:31 pm

How God Provides with the Sweetest of Sanctuaries

It began to grate on my nerves. Each and every early spring morning, and all through summer, I just couldn’t bear it anymore. “Close the windows”, complaining to my husband, “I just cant take those birds anymore and their incessant tweets!”

“Do you still want to sleep?”, he asked as he noisily crunched the blinds upwards. No more could I sleep past 7:00am at the least!

Wasn’t this sound though, the most pleasing of quintessential mornings that everyone dreams of waking to? Did I not use to delight as a child rising to the chirping accompanied by the neighbor’s lawnmower and sweet aroma of grass!?
I became complacent over the years and dull to the surrounding beauty that God had provided. How was it even possible to take for granted such loveliness and missing out entirely on His beautiful lessons.

It wasn’t until there came a time I found myself on weeks of bed rest, with a cerebral spinal leak, that I came to my senses. The agony in my neck and head were harrowing to say the least. Yet bedridden, in excruciating pain and fighting the darts of horrid anxiety, thinking I wouldn’t wake the next morning, My God provided me with His word: “I lie down and sleep, I wake again because the Lord sustains me.”*

I began to truly “taste and see that the Lord is good, and blessed is He who takes refuge in Him.” **
He was my sanctuary, He was “my hiding place”*** and God provided even more sanctuaries in the midst of despair.

In my safe haven, I saw from a seemingly comatose state, how my God provided a most loving husband who proved to be forbearing in his service to me. It was this sacrificial love that had me falling more in love with him all over again, in the most treasured way I never would have thought possible.

I saw my precious children step up to the plate and help out with a sweet caring strength all along trying to live their lives of school, studies and activities. Edward Everett once said, “There is no sanctuary of virtue like the home.”

I saw God provide through family members, friends and church brethren as they lavished love upon all of us with visits, meals and encouragement to get us through each day, week, and month. This was what it was like to see Jesus through the outpouring of others’ love. This was God’s provision.

Then, one day, and each day thereafter, it happened upon awakening, opening my eyes to see my husbands dear face, my God providing that great “joy that came in the morning!”. ****

Suddenly there were the birds again. In an instant, what used to be an annoyance, came the most pleasurable song of thanksgiving to my God upon hearing the choir of sparrows! I was, awake, alive. As melodramatic as this sounds, it was the reality of every morning. Here was another day. Was “I not worth much more than they?”*****

I’d whisper, “Oh Thank you Lord, praise you for the swallows and all small things, for their sweet melody and your presence/presents to me through my husband, and the family of God. Thank you for an abundance of the sweetest sanctuaries!”

* Psalm 3:5
**Psalm 34:8
***Psalm 32:7
****Psalm 30:5
*****Matthew 6:26
Maura Merrigan Peña
Member # 63836
Silver
http://beautyseeker.blog.com/how-god-provides-with-the-sweetest-of-sanctuaries/
http://www.faithwriters.com/article-details.php?id=164945

PleasantLady215
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby PleasantLady215 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:40 pm

How God Provides For Us Through Our Faith
By Linda Weaver

I was facing foreclosure on my home through a series of improper choices. I had done everything I could to prevent it but here I was facing the possibility of losing everything in my golden years. How did this happen to me?

Trusting God had never been a problem for me. I knew He was with me and could rescue me at any time. He had never failed me. I also I knew how to find inspirational Bible verses that would encourage me.

I loved my home and didn’t want to move. To make matters more difficult, I had a small business at home which was my only source of income other than my Social Security. I now faced one of the biggest challenges of my life. I had no idea where I would go or how I would make a living.

I was really scared. I did all I knew to do. The first foreclosure date was miraculously delayed for 30 days. During that time the fire got hotter. I thought maybe I should pack and begin to look for a job. But each time I made an attempt to do those things I felt uneasy. So, instead, I concentrated on seeking God. I wanted to make sure I was hearing Him. I spent much of my time looking up inspirational words from the Bible. Those meaningful quotes from the Word of God were literally words of life for me to live by. I held on to them as one would hold on to a life raft.

During this major life event, the most frightening I had ever faced, my prayer life began to change. I spoke with God all the time. I acknowledged Him in everything. I did know He had never failed me.

Our church had just started a new series on The Circle Maker. The Pastor read some good Bible verses in Matthew 20: 29, 30-32. There were two blind men sitting by the edge of the road. When they heard that Jesus was passing by they called out to Him, “Lord, Son of David have mercy on us”! Jesus stopped and called them. "What do you want me to do for you”? He asked. “Lord,” they answered, “we want our sight”. NIV

That’s when my miracle really began. God spoke clearly to my heart that He wanted me to tell Him what I wanted Him to do for me. I thought I had done that. As I sought Him further on the matter, He began to show me how I had limited Him by asking only for the things I could visualize Him doing for me. I was limiting Him to those things I could see. Oh my! He challenged me to ask Him for what I truly wanted from Him. Like the blind men, I thought it was obvious what I wanted from Him. But, He wanted me trust Him – to step out and ask for something that might not happen. Oh, that’s what faith is!

I had been telling God what I wanted but I was giving Him a way out. I ended my prayer something like this, “Father, I’m willing to give up my home, if that is your will”. God stopped me there. He revealed to me at that point that in saying that to Him I was, in fact, opening the door for the enemy to steal my home from me. He pointed out to me that this was where I was giving Him a way out instead of believing Him for what I wanted Him to do for me. God wanted me to ask Him to allow me to keep my home!

My mind began to race. I began to reason and to jump ahead and work out all the details. He stopped me there and instructed me to take one step at a time as He directed my path. (Psalms 199:105) It was a struggle to form the words and get them out of my mouth. I was afraid I was asking too much of Him.

I did succeed in forming those words. I asked Him with great humility to please allow me to keep my home. God did not fail me. How God provides is the exciting part. The quotes to live by that God led me to were my hope and my salvation.

I saw miracle after miracle for another 30 days. That’s another story!

Linda Weaver
Member #62536
Platinum
http://www.todayswordfromgod.wordpress.com
http://www.focbonline.com/
http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=62536

Kaystew
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby Kaystew » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:59 pm

How God Provides the Things We Overlook
by: Karlene Stewart

“Why on earth would I trust God when all I see around me is pain?” Paul had asked in his Facebook comment to Anna, due to his frustration after seeing Anna’s post about trusting in God.

“But surely it’s not ONLY pain that you see around you Paul. What about all the good that God has done for you?” Anna replied to his comment.

“Anna I haven’t had a job in over a year, and you know my wife is sick with asthma. Why hasn’t he provided a job for me, and cured my wife of her illness?”

“But Paul, have you ever considered that maybe you are expecting too much of God? He has done so much already, things that you no doubt overlook. Maybe the question you should be asking is what can YOU do for God?”

“Ha ha, God has done so much already, you say. Like what? What has he done for me that is so great?”

“You know what Paul, this is too lengthy a discussion for Facebook, but I want you to do me a favor. There is a website I want you check out. You will learn about the Christian Dogma and you will get lots of useful information that will help you to understand how God provides. The website is howgodprovides.com. Once you check it out, give me a call, OK?”

“OK Anna, will do. After all I’m highly curious to know why you are so convinced that you should trust in God, despite all this pain and suffering around us.”

“Sure thing Paul.”

Paul was indeed quite eager, so right away he searched for the website and found more than what he had bargained for. He was surprised to find even inspirational quotes to live by, covering topics that related to specific issues he had been facing. He saw many inspirational Bible verses and was moved the most when he came across the scripture at 1 Samuel: 9-12 where he read of how Samuel reminded the Israelites of all the good that God had already done for them, and he too started to remember all the ways that God had already provided for him. He quickly rang Anna to share the good news.

“Anna, you were so right. I totally overlooked that God has already sent His son to die for our sins, which is the greatest provision of all.”

“You’re right Paul, and God has provided for you and me personally just by waking us up this morning. He provided for me the day he put me in the hands of a very loving family who adopted me, he provided for me by blessing me with a wonderful husband. He has provided for me and for all mankind by blessing each of us with varied talents that we use to benefit others.”

“That’s so true Anna. Just yesterday my wife was rejoicing at the fact that washing machines were invented, so she doesn’t have to hand wash.” Paul said with enthusiasm.

“Exactly Paul! That’s my point. God has provided in so many ways that we choose to overlook. But I’m really happy that you went to the website.”

“Indeed, howgodprovides.com is an excellent resource to have on hand, to be reminded of God’s goodness, and as a daily guide for our lives.”

“Sure thing Paul. Have a blessed day.”

“You too Anna. I”ll definitely spread the word with others and get them to check out howgodprovides.com.”

Karlene Stewart
Member # 164948
Silver
http://www.youcanriseup.com/#!How-God-P ... ok/c1mu4/3
http://www.faithwriters.com/article-det ... ?id=164948

mikeedwards
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mikeedwards » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:29 pm

Posted here for Phyllis Stokes by Mike

How God Provides Rest

Bamm! The metal door slammed shut just as Michael dosed off to sleep. He sat straight up in bed. I could see he was trying to figure out where he was. Over a year had passed since the fire. Michael was still recovering in the nursing home, slash rehabilitation center from anoxic brain injury. At 33 years old, he was like a child again in some ways; in others, as stubborn as an old man.
Propped up in a tattered speckled recliner in his room, I had been waiting for him to dose off long enough for me to slip out for the night. It was easier to leave while he slept—for him and for me. He had been half asleep, fully clothed, including his coat.
“Son, let’s go ahead and get you washed up and in your PJs for the night.”
“Whhy, mom-ma?” Confusion framed his expression. “Where… aam I?” His words came out slower since the accident. He paused and looked around as if seeing the room for the first time.
“I doon’t… live here!”
I cleared my throat trying to remove the pain I felt for him from my voice. “Son, this is where you live for now.”
“But whyyy can’t I live wheere yoou live?”
He didn’t realize, we were both far from home. We had come to the area seeking a place that specialized in brain injury. Strangers had temporarily taken me. I was always searching for an inspirational word to get through one of his moments.
“Things will work out soon, son.”
He wrapped his overcoat tight and crawled back into bed.

Michael’s mind constantly perceived the noise outside his room as danger. He consistently declined therapy, food, showers and medication. There was conversation about moving him to the nursing home section because he was no longer participating in therapy.
I needed to get him home where he could spend his energy healing instead of protecting himself. I spoke with the department heads. They agreed to discharge, but warned me that accessible housing was rare find in the area and could take a year.
“We don’t have a year!” I objected, desperate to get some form of normality back.” I was thinking in time for Christmas.”
“But this is October 1st,” said the discharge planner.
“I know. I will find it myself if I have to.” I began looking immediately… and found nothing. If anything could help me stay positive, a good bible verse could. I kept my bible close and reminded myself often of how God had provided for us so far.

One morning I found an ad that caught my attention. Open House Today, New Apartments with 1, 2 and ½ bedrooms available. That’s strange? I picked up the phone to call, mostly out of curiosity. The realtor, Dawn answered.
“I think you made a typo in your ad.” I said.
“Thanks for bringing that to my attention.” She chuckled. ‘So, are you coming to the open house?”
“No. I’m looking for an accessible apartment. I just called to tell you about the mistake.”
“We have accessible apartments.”
“Are you serious?!!!”
“4 units.”
Scribbling some directions on a crumpled napkin, I hurried out the door. Dawn told me the first contractor abandoned the project and a new contractor had just decided to finish it.
“When will they be ready?”
“Around the first of the year.”
“Hmmm…. Any chance you would allow someone to move in earlier?”
“How early?”
“December?”
“But, we’ll still be doing construction in December.”
“I really needed a home for my son… as quick as possible.”
“Well…you’ll need two month’s rent plus the deposit.”
Knowing it was more than I had, I continued my appeal. “I’m really trusting God to make a way for us.”
Her forehead wrinkled. Clearly, she didn’t understand my Christian dogma.
“I guess I could talk to the owners.”
In a few days, Dawn called. “The owner will let you move in December and since we will still be doing construction, there’s no first month’s rent.”
Hers words were fresh air in my lungs. We moved into our apartment on December 1st. It wasn’t until later in the evening when I knew Michael finally felt the peace that comes from being home.

I was reclining in the speckled chair when I heard him coming toward the living room. He rolled himself to threshold and peeked around the corner. I looked up to see him completely undressed, down to his underwear. He smiled.
“G-good night, mom…ma.”

Phyllis Stokes
Member #16165
Platinum Member 500
http://oneroadleadshome.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/phyllis.walkerstokes/notes
We need God's Grace because of God's Truth.

mikeedwards
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mikeedwards » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:35 am

Closed for Entries/In Judging

Thanks to all who entered! :thankssign

Blessings, Mike & Bea
We need God's Grace because of God's Truth.

Previous

Return to Writing/Blogging Contests for Paid Writing Opportunities