To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

RiversidePeace
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby RiversidePeace » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:58 am

:cry: :cry:

I joined Photobucket. It was verified but the "get started" link won't do anything.

:sorry No photos yet.

Chrissy

Shann

Postby Shann » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:48 am

We have had snow several times already. Actually I slipped on the ice the other day and fell quite hard. I hurt so much. It aches all over, but no broken bones. But I feel my age.

I'm glad everyone was alright in the car accidents but sorry the cars were wrecked.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

RiversidePeace
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Postby RiversidePeace » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:26 pm

Shann wrote:We have had snow several times already. Actually I slipped on the ice the other day and fell quite hard. I hurt so much. It aches all over, but no broken bones. But I feel my age.

I'm glad everyone was alright in the car accidents but sorry the cars were wrecked.

Snow? Ice? Slipping on ice? mmmm...

I'll keep my Sydney winters and the current Spring weather we are experiencing. And, RAIN. Hallelua, we have finally had some descent rain. Love that sound on the tin roof.

Chrissy

PS Still trying to get into photobucket. ggggrrr

Too old for this.

RachelM
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Postby RachelM » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:27 pm

Snow is late here this year, but we do have a skim. As soon as we had an inch of snow the kids went sledding. We have a crazy sledding hill just behind the house!

A bunch of kids were here on Sunday and they decided the hill looked too dangerous. One of my 9 year old twins said, "It's not dangerous. I'll prove it!" You can imagine what happened next. The snow had melted some and froze, and he managed to scratch his face all up on the ice.

Here is a family picture taken on our trip through the Rockies this September.
My FaithWriters profile: RachelM FW member profile

RachelM

Postby RachelM » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:32 pm

Chrissy, I've never used photobucket, but I grabbed my family picture off of facebook. I right clicked over the picture, selected properties, copied the address and pasted it between: [url][/url]

I don't know if that will help at all, but I know that a lot of people have pics on facebook.
My FaithWriters profile: RachelM FW member profile

violin4jesus

Postby violin4jesus » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:30 am

:sofa

*tiptoes in, looks around* :hide

Hi, all...my name is Leah, and I've been a bit - shall we say - AWOL for awhile. Pretty much like 3 months straight.

I got back from my visit to Seattle and was plunged into a CRAZY busy time in our unit - I pulled massive overtime in two weeks. Four mornings I stayed until 9am just catching up on charting. Then in the middle of all that I started my first class for my MSN, which demanded way more time than I expected. I just finished the class on Tuesday, and I'm finally coming up for air.

Meanwhile, we started cooking most of our meals at home, which required some meal planning and some teaching of my husband as to how to cook. And I learned how to make kombucha (which was taking up too much of our grocery budget and is actually not that hard to make).

I got an A.
I only got sick for one weekend.
I discovered some great new doable regular recipes.

But MAN am I tired. :roll:

I haven't written for fun in FOREVER. And there was no way I was doing NaNo, with three 3K academic papers to write in 10 days. I've got three weeks off and then I'm back in the hole again, although this time a bit wiser as to how to knock out the papers. A lot of unnecessary time was spent formatting the first few papers, and now I've got a system down.

I hope you all are doing well. I doubt I'll ever catch up on everything, but I can at least catch up on the present for the next couple weeks.

Or just get some rest... :sleep

RiversidePeace
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Postby RiversidePeace » Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:03 am

RachelM wrote:Chrissy, I've never used photobucket, but I grabbed my family picture off of facebook. I right clicked over the picture, selected properties, copied the address and pasted it between: [url][/url]

I don't know if that will help at all, but I know that a lot of people have pics on facebook.

Okay. I will try that.

Back soon.

Chrissy

RiversidePeace
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Postby RiversidePeace » Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:15 am

No. Right click takes me to next photo. :shock:

Allison

Postby Allison » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:39 pm

RiversidePeace wrote:No. Right click takes me to next photo. :shock:

Are you sure you're doing RIGHT click? As in the opposite of whatever button you normally use to click? Are your mouse buttons backwards in Australia too? ;) Or are you left handed?
Isaiah 40:30-31 (NIV)

Shann

Postby Shann » Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:46 pm

Leah! Happy Dance. First Holly popped back in and then Amy and now you. If we only could get the rest to come in! I've been so tired. My son needs me to proof his 12 page paper. I need to get going on it, but man I'm just not motivated.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

deejay

Postby deejay » Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:53 pm

Oh, Rachel, you and your family are so beautiful! And the mountains behind you aren't bad-looking either! :lol:
On my way to the library, I had to do a couple small errands. Between the two, I popped an Altoids mint in my mouth, and after it started to dissolve, I crunched it in my front teeth--and broke the top of one of my crumbling, lower front incisors off. :x Now it's annoying. Still need to get a copy of my birth certificate so I can get MSI and from there catch up on age and gender related medical stuff, then go to the dentist.

Shann

Postby Shann » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:20 pm

Allison wrote:

Are you sure you're doing RIGHT click? As in the opposite of whatever button you normally use to click? Are your mouse buttons backwards in Australia too? ;) Or are you left handed?

Now I only know this because of my hubby and kids but Macs are different than PCs too correct? Not that I've ever seen a MAc up close and the fact that it is the opposite of what I'm used to would surely make me toss it out the window and not only can't I afford to pay for the window but I'm pretty sure my hubby would have a heart attack if I tossed a Mac through a window!

I'm not great at figuring these things out either but if you find the picture on photobucket and right click a menu should come up that says copy image and copy image url. If you click on that, then come back here and click on the img button up on top then make sure the cursor is in the middle (I often end up moving it somehow) and hit paste, that should make the picture how up.

Personally I think it would be hysterical if my directions made you understand, but since that would be quite bizarre I'll add this link too. viewtopic.php?f=35&t=3704

Just to see if I can do a picture, I'll attempt to show you all one of my pages from my book that is almost done! Don't hold your breath though!
Nope can't do it and I should be helping my son not trying to do this, but I want you all to see the hard work Amy and Rachel did!
Shann

Shann's Profile

RiversidePeace
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Postby RiversidePeace » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:21 pm

Allison wrote:

ha ha. no. It's probably because I have an Apple computer. I had hubby check. There is definitely no selection to choose from nor just properties. Right click goes to next photo.

Photobucket says no account now but it doesn't like my email address anyway.

I might go into Facebook and open the photos to the public for one lot of photos at a time leaving the link here for a few days before adding the next link. Sound Good?

Chrissy

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:06 pm

Supposedly on a Mac if you hold control button and click it's identical to "right clicking" on a PC.
Dum Spiro Spero

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler