To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

RachelM
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby RachelM » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:16 pm

Shann wrote:I have mentioned that computers hate me right? Plus I didn't try super hard because the pics are your property and wasn't sure if you;d want me to put one on here.

The pictures are yours, Shann. You're welcome to do anything you want with them. :thumbs I was going to ask you if it was okay for me to share a couple on my blog or facebook.

Rebecky, I love both of your story ideas! Your original one sounds like a blast to read. :D Don't give up, I can't wait to read your books.
My FaithWriters profile: RachelM FW member profile

JesusPuppy
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Postby JesusPuppy » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:35 pm

Shann-can from Banana Land wrote:Hey wasn't there supposed to be a story or a poem or something that you were going to let me read?

Yes, I am still working on it. You know how I am at procrastination... :roll:

Shann-can from Banana Land wrote:Oh and Rachel, AnneRenee is really Holly but Pup calls her Bubbles after Michael Jackson's monkey. They used to have wacky nicknames for everyone (except me!) but they kind of stopped doing that.

First off.. I think I am the only one that actually gives out nicks, and Bubble is Bubbles because she is so Bubble-ly not because of some weirdos monkey. :roll:

AND as for not giving you one, if Shann-can doesn't work I guess I could always call you Bonkers. :tongue

Shortstuff you better be careful, don't want you working your legs off.... you are short enough as it is. :wink:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

AnneRene'

Postby AnneRene' » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:44 pm

Hi Guys!

Okay, which one of ewes said something about doing drama in school/church or whatever it was. I had to laugh because in my early years of attempting college, I dropped out of my nursing classes 'cuz back then, ya had to skin a cat for an autopsy or something. Anyway, being the critter lover I was and am....mes said NO WAY and was outta there. BUT...me's did finish drama and those close to me thinks it's hysterical because although mes not a drama queen....I'm just....let's say...very animated with my weird thoughts and ideas. Has one of the Psych's I use to work for (who didn't like me AT ALL), scream at me once....no patient's around.... :roll: that he thought I'd live in Disneyland of I could. My response...only seconds after really thinking about it was, "Yoooou're right!" "I really would if I could." He turned all kinds of purple and left the room steaming. The other Dr's didn't like him and knew he had a problem with me and said I should have told him to....um.... :oops: ...can't repeat 'em.

So now that that's off my chest....here's some Disney Pics! :mrgreen:

Oh, Beakers...I totally agree with Rachel....I honestly really like your book ideas and would love to read them too. No matter if the story's been done before. Romance is romance and brand new circumstances makes the story brand new.

And of course....mes favorite!

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:26 pm

Kitty wrote: call you Bonkers

Huh? what?

Oh... wait- you said bonkers not beakers.

:tongue
Dum Spiro Spero

RachelM
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby RachelM » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:59 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:Meself.. it would take me a month just to think up an idea, another to decide how to start it right, and that is two months after I decided I wanted to write it down in the first place. I am such a procrastinator lately.

Hey Pup, I was thinking back to what you said about the prep you would need to do NaNo. You just need to start in September. :D You're allowed to plan and research your novel pre-November.

My husband filled in for the mail run this morning, so I got up at 4:30 with him and spent a few hours writing. I actually caught up on my word count for NaNo! I can't believe that I'm almost a quarter of the way through my novel in just 7 days. The first 5 days I was really pushing myself. It felt so dry. I switched from third person to first person which helped, and I'm really into the story I wanted to tell now, whereas I was kind of in the preliminary stuff before.

Holly (aka Bubbles :D ), cool Disney pics! I have a wacky Disney Land story I'll have to share with you guys sometime.

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby jaybird » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:51 pm

Rebecky wrote:Good morning, family!

Oh, so my story. well... that is a good question. Originally I had this great one but it just wasn't working for me. So now I have another story I'm kinda playing with about a teen couple who fall in love and the girl ends up being diagnosed with an illness- not sure what yet, cancer or something.

But my original story- that on the other hand I feel probably is more original and less safe. That one was going to be a humor/comedy type novel about a young woman who becomes a successful Author with her first book- which is based off of her life and her crazy nutty family.

I must now go walk my grandmother's dog.

"Crazy nutty family" Pup, is she talking about us?
Becky, I thought about a similar story about a teen couple; a girl with cancer or something, however she dies.

Did I mention, I'm writing a short story for a contest (under 2000 word) with the theme "bridges" and how you interpret it.
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"Why sweat the small stuff when it's really not a big stink" - my quote

http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

RachelM
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby RachelM » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:18 pm

Who here entered the Page Turner contest? I want to know what I'm up against. :wink:

I'm very, very, very thankful that Shann sent me an email a day or two before the deadline to ask if I'd submitted my entry. Nope, I hadn't and I might have forgotten since I was so busy with other stuff. I would have kicked myself silly (I'm sure that's hard, but I would have managed) if I hadn't gotten that in since I put a lot of work into it. I'm not expecting to win, (I'm new at this) but I'm eager to receive the feedback and grow through this.

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:33 am

RachelM wrote:Hey Pup, I was thinking back to what you said about the prep you would need to do NaNo. You just need to start in September. :D You're allowed to plan and research your novel pre-November.

Hummmmm.. If I started now I might, just maybe, have an idea for a title by next year. A plot build up the year after that. I could possibly be ready to try it in ... oh, maybe 5 years. I know, you are new still and don't know me well enough to have figured out my GREATEST skill.

Procrastination. I beleive I have raised it to an Art form. :mrgreen:

Jay wrote:Crazy nutty family" Pup, is she talking about us?

OOOooo if she is we could become famous. :shock:

Hey Kiddo... go with the comedy. :wink:

JesusPuppy Profile

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:06 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:
Jay wrote:Crazy nutty family" Pup, is she talking about us?

OOOooo if she is we could become famous. :shock:

Hey Kiddo... go with the comedy. :wink:

am I this obvious?!

OH ---er, Uh... I mean...

what?! what book?!

:roll:
Dum Spiro Spero

RiversidePeace
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Postby RiversidePeace » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:06 am

Hey there. I'm back. It was a beautiful holiday. We did lots of driving, shopping and hiking.

I'm still working on how to put pics here but maybe tomorrow I'll have more time to figure it out.

Later.

Chrissy

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:19 am

If you still have PhotoBucket, set up a page there and paste a link to it here.

I is showered and shaved, now I am fixing to lay back and watch.... Spy Kids. :mrgreen:

JesusPuppy Profile

RachelM
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby RachelM » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:50 pm

I'm glad you had a lovely holiday, Chrissy!

My family went on our first ever holiday--that wasn't about visiting relatives--in September. I got to see the Rocky mountains for the first time and just had time to enjoy my husband and kids. I'll post some pictures later too. :D

RiversidePeace
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Postby RiversidePeace » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:39 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:If you still have PhotoBucket, set up a page there and paste a link to it here.:

Not for 2 years but you're right. Duh.. my memory dumped that peice of info. :lol:

Chrissy

Shann

Postby Shann » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:21 pm

Wow you have been a chatty bunch of coconuts. It's so nice to see some life in the rest stop.

I do like your crazy family idea Becky. You have so much to draw from. Man between Pup and Holly and Amy all oddballs. And I could be the normal one.

I almost am ready to send the picture book out. Amy has been wonderful at helping. I would have thrown the blasted machine out of the window. We are just tweaking some little things. Oh and Rachel feel free to show a couple of the pictures, especially if it would entice people to buy the book. I'm afraid someone will comment and say I have no business writing and the book is boring and rhythm is horrible. At least it has good illustrations.!!

Oh man I'm so tired think I'm going to bed early. I did finish the 27 page editing job done. It needs a final run through but glad I'm done.

I do hope I can get a decent bed. I think it'll help a lot.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Sparrow

Postby Sparrow » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:57 pm

Hi everyone! So sorry I've been gone for so long. Thanks for those who have checked up on me and let me know you're all missing me. :-) I'm still particularly struggling with my health, so between that and dating, it's hard to keep up with anything extra. Texting is the easiest way for me to keep in touch, since I can do that from bed.

I have managed to get myself in gear the last week enough to work a little on formatting the book Shann and Rachel have been working on. It's looking great!

Andy and I had our one-year dating anniversary a couple weeks ago. He serenaded me! :love2 He found an old song that actually has my name in it, "Once in Love with Amy," and sang that. Before he got more sick he used to sing professionally, so it was amazing. He's so sweet.
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler