To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Hello everyone

A place for new members to introduce themselves and to be welcomed to the FaithWriters' Community. Don't be shy. We love meeting new brothers and sisters in Christ.

Moderators: RedBaron, beaedwards, Shann

donwrite61
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Hello everyone

Postby donwrite61 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:41 am

Glad to have this chance to share my work with other Christians and be part of a group. Thanks, faithwriters.

Caleb Cheong
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Re: Hello everyone

Postby Caleb Cheong » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:42 am

Hi! My name's Caleb. I live and work in Singapore but hailed from Ipoh, Malaysia. I'm a husband of one wife and two daughters -I'm a friendly alien living with three gorgeous native Singaporeans. I teach English at a local secondary school, hoping to bring them up as 'native speakers of grammatical English'. I don't own a car but I use BMW(Bus, Mass Rapid Transit Train and Walking). I enjoy reading all the stuffs in the FaithWriters since becoming a member. I aspire to be a voice for God in the devotional writing field. God richly bless everyone here. :thankssign

RedBaron

Postby RedBaron » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:15 am

Hi and :welcome
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

"...hunt like a spider..." Cori - FW Con '07

Shann

Postby Shann » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:34 am

Hi to both of you! I hope you find FW all that you are looking for! it's really an amazing site. I've met friends from all over the world. These are good friends whom I communicate with on a regular basis too. It's an awesome site. It can be a tad overwhelming because it's so big, but here are some tips for you.

People here are of all ages and have experience ranging from virtually none to having published some books. It sounds like this is a perfect fit for you!

It's been an answer to prayer for me. I have some health issues and FW has opened so many doors for me. If you can afford the extra money a month to become a gold or platinum member, it is so worth it! There are many benefits that I hope you are discovering okay. The biggest would be the writing challenge. We just started a new quarter and the new topic for the next challenge will be released in just a few hours. The word count limit has helped me learn to tighten my writing up quite a bit. The deadline has also helped me on my procrastination. I still wait to the last minute, but am writing on a more regular basis. There is also some excellent reading material there.

Another great perk for platinum members is the Critique Circle. It is a great place for paid members to receive a detailed critique on their work. Just recently, they have allowed members to pay so much a page for detailed feedback. This is for silver members or members who want a critique but don't have the time to critique someone else's work. That's how the circle works. Each time you leave feedback, you receive a credit to allow you to post a piece and to get a constructive critique. I've found that by leaving feedback for others, I also learn a great deal about what works or doesn't work in my own writing.

You also may want to check out the blogging contest. The word blog used to scare me, but now I've learned that it isn't that big of a deal. I think the contest this month is How God Provides. You need to add some links and stuff, but if you follow the directions, it's not too hard at all. The prize is paid writing assignments plus having your article published on 100 blogs. Check it out: viewtopic.php?f=92&t=37542

FW is a great place to meet other Christians and writers.I also think it's awesome because there is people with all kinds of experience here from having published book to having never really written much at all. People here are great encouragers and willing to share their knowledge with others. The Open Forum is a great place to ask questions about writing and publishing.

You also can find a wealth of info and a variety of people on the boards. It's also a great way to make friends. A great place for writing tips can be found at Jan's Writing Basics. It might be a bit overwhelming to post at first, but I'd urge you to bite the bullet and jump in. Jan is wonderful at giving invaluable feedback to everyone who tries her thread and posts their "homework."

Also The Water Cooler is a great place to meet people. They have topics that range from regional areas to just popping in to say hi. Another great place to go is Prayer Requests. It's wonderful to be able to request prayer and to lift others up in need.

Fw is much like a family. There is something for everyone. The people encourage, support, and love each other. Welcome to the family! We even have a kids' site if you have any budding writers you might want to check that out too. http://faithwriterskidsforum.faithwriters.com

I hope I gave you some places to start. The site is huge and there are so many wonderful things here. You may want to check out the FAQ thread as that may answer many of your questions.

Have fun exploring, jump into conversations and don't be afraid to ask any questions. :welcome
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

tomoral
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Postby tomoral » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:18 am

:welcome to this awesome site! Your will learn as a writer, and grow in your faith, as I have this past couple of years. You will develop lasting friends for life!

Blessings, Lynn
God Bless the beasts and the children
Give them shelter from the storms.
Children are our tomorrow
Keep them daily from the sorrow
Of the beasts in life

http://www.faithwriters.com/websites/my ... p?id=57394

Come forth
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby Come forth » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:27 pm

Hi donwrite61 and Caleb, this is Graham from Australia and I welcome you both to this site.

Caleb that was a great introduction of yourself and I felt your enthusiasm coming through. I pray that God blesses you on this journey in becoming a better writer and look forward to reading some of your articles. Remain a husband to that one wife, Caleb, and be blessed. :lol:

donwrite, I'd love to know a little more. Is your name Don? And where in the great wide world do you live. I know it is important not to share too much on the Internet and not to let all your defenses down, but it's much nicer and friendlier to talk to someone using their name rather than a user name; which is why I always end my posts using my real name.

To both of you, a really serious way to help improve your writing is to join Jan's Writing Basics. I know Shann has already told you this, but it is worth a repeat invitation to jump on board and grow as a writer.

Blessings, Graham.
May we all get eyes to see and ears to hear,
A Revelation of His Word, crystal clear.
Admitting our need to be drawn in,
Less of self, more of Him.

My prayer for us all.
God bless us with the Revelation of His Word, Graham
http://www.shekinahcloud.com/page/page/8464330.htm

Caleb Cheong
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby Caleb Cheong » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:23 am

Hi RedBaron, Shann, Lynn and Graham!

Thank you so much for your warm welcome and kind words. Indeed, kind words have 'their echoes that are truly endless'. Aesop would agree that kindness,however small, is ever redundant. Keep up the good work of caring enough to welcome the 'strangers' to our midst. Thinking aloud, I feel like verbalizing these words : " I was a stranger and you invited me in'.

Have a great day!

Warmest regards

Caleb

:thankssign

Caleb Cheong
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby Caleb Cheong » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:39 am

Hi Graham, Kim and Shann!

May I express my heartfelt gratitude to you all for the valuable comments and input.I appreciate you all

Many thanks! :thankssign

Regards

Caleb
Last edited by Caleb Cheong on Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shann

Postby Shann » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:34 am

I would be delighted to. Can you copy the link and paste it here to make it easier to find?
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Jimbo
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby Jimbo » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:09 pm

Hello everybody. I am Jim or Jimbo and have been a long time member of FaithWriters...maybe 2 or 3 weeks, ha ha. So, I know absolutely nothing about the forums. I took my time and carefully looked around the site as a free member, and when I was comfortable that this was a legitimate site for Christian writers, I took the Gold Membership. I love being with a non-F word group of writers. I feel at home...and that my friends is a compliment. Caleb, I have many readers on my blog from Malaysia. It really surprises me with the government being as it is. Whatever, I love everybody for being a creation of God and by his command. I may not love all their actions, but I try to love them all. Thank you for allowing me into your group. I hope you will overlook my ignorance.

RachelM
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby RachelM » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:58 am

Hi and welcome to you both! FaithWriters is a great place! I've met some lovely people here, and connecting with others has helped me to get more serious about writing. Take care and God bless!
My FaithWriters profile: RachelM FW member profile

Caleb Cheong
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby Caleb Cheong » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:43 am

Hi!

May we echo Rachel's words -- Warmest 'welcome to both of you!' Trust that you' ll feel comfortable here; I'm sure you can contribute meaningfully and joyfully here. What's your website, Jim? I look forward to visiting it. Our seasoned friends in FW have given us some very useful advice to make sense of our life here.I've started taking part in the Writing Challenge , Critique Circle, Jan's Writing Basics and Blogging Contest . I readily admit that I'm just a beginner who has plenty to learn from others. I write meanly to express my views as a voice for Him. I still 'keep writing' as the comment goes.

" How good and pleasant it is when god's people live together in unity!" (Psalm 133:1 NIV)

With blessings and love in the Lord :welcome

Caleb Cheong

Clifford
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby Clifford » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:15 pm

Greetings!

I am euphoric about having discovered this website and forum for Christian writers! Unfortunately, we Americans now live in a nation wherein "In God We Trust" has become a mere creed on the money upon which it is printed. As such, being politically correct quite often is the antithesis of being Biblically correct, i.e., nihilism, homosexuality, lesbianism, gay marriage. As a former Guardian ad Litem, I see a correlation between myriad "sexual mistakes" among America's Youths and their need for salvation through Jesus Christ! Many of these "sexual mistakes" teenagers make were precipitated by emotional and sexual abuse during childhood by either relatives or friends of the family. Ergo, I self-published, "Child Molestation, Incest, or Neither?" [ISBN 978-1-4675-5868-6], which is quite transparent regarding the virtues and vices circumscribing sexuality. Inconsequential to whether one has been a former predator or former prey, the ultimate goal is to apprehend victory in Christ.

Like countless survivors of childhood incest and molestation, I became a prodigal teenager who floundered in my relationship with God, despite faithful church attendance. In fact, my pastor was one of my perennial abusers. Although I never self-medicated via drinking or using drugs, still I was depressed and engaged in sexual immorality for more than a decade. Today, I rejoice in having been delivered from the sin, the shame, and the guilt that still afflict countless adult survivors who lack the support of a nurturing church family or support group.

As a nascent book club for adults only, Victory In Christ Ensemble is a Biblically correct Ministry of Sexual Healing that candidly discusses incest, adultery, fornication, masturbation, molestation, rape, etc. Hopefully, college students, former foster children, convicted felons, high school seniors and other young adults nationwide will enjoy reading and studying a textbook that can change how Christians deal with sexuality. Please pray for GOD to breathe His favor upon VICE as it strives to help teenagers reach adulthood unscathed by sexual molestation or sexual mistakes. WE can't fix it IF we can't face it! God bless you and let's also pray for America's Youths.

franabelle
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby franabelle » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:28 pm

I opened this post because it had so many viewers - and then realized that lots of people like to begin with "hello everyone. Made me feel a bit sheepish!

I'm new to Faithwriters and I think it is a wonderful site. I have been writing for a looong time - mostly devotionals for Sunday School papers, Upper Room, Denominational mags, etc. I'm in my 80s now and want to use Faithwriters as a way to make my writings available free of charge. At my time of life, I am getting ready for heaven, sending treasure up ahead of me.

I am a teacher/administrator at a vocational school for unemployed adults. I only work three or four hours a day and still have time to write.

franabelle

Come forth
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby Come forth » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:46 pm

Hi and welcome. :welcome

Blessings, Graham.
May we all get eyes to see and ears to hear,
A Revelation of His Word, crystal clear.
Admitting our need to be drawn in,
Less of self, more of Him.

My prayer for us all.
God bless us with the Revelation of His Word, Graham
http://www.shekinahcloud.com/page/page/8464330.htm

Next

Return to Newbie Nook