To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

RiversidePeace
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby RiversidePeace » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:37 pm

Rebecky wrote:A guy I knew was killed last night. He was only 28.

:|

ugh!! :(

Saying a prayer for his family and those who knew him. How sad.

Chrissy

Allison
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Postby Allison » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:08 pm

Rebecky wrote:A guy I knew was killed last night. He was only 28.

:|

Ugh. I'm sorry. :( I'm in Atlanta right now for my uncle's funeral tomorrow. He had bladder cancer, so it was somewhat expected. He was a believer. I actually wasn't all that close to him, but he's my mom's only sibling.
Isaiah 40:30-31 (NIV)

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:44 am

Kiddo, sorry to hear about the friend.

Chrissy, want rain..? Told you before, move here, we get plenty. :roll:

As for Shann... you shouldn't go calling Tim a curmudgeon, he might not ever show back up.

:tongue
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

RiversidePeace
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Postby RiversidePeace » Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:14 am

JesusPuppy wrote:
Chrissy, want rain..? Told you before, move here, we get plenty. :roll:

We'll stay put thanks but we do plan to head to Washington State if we get a wedding invite sometime in the future. Oregon will be on the itinerary when the time comes.

Chrissy

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:04 am

I could visit Oregon/Washington some day since my Aunt has offered me an open invitation to visit her whenever I am okay with flying. :P

:shock:
Dum Spiro Spero

Shann

Postby Shann » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:41 pm

Well maybe we can all go mto WA state if Chrissy gets an invite. I'll fly with you Becky between the two of us TSA won't know what to do! :?
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:08 am

well.. IF you all come out, be sure to let me know. I have gotten word from several peeps that came to visit... after the were already back home. :roll:

Looks more and more like the store I am working at might close down. As the CEO is from a store that went bankrupt, and he is doing the same exact thing he did at the other store.. and no one seems to notice. :roll: Seems to me he is doing it purposely to close the company down.

Odd, we were doing good, even making proffit, he took over as CEO and within a month we were so far in the hole... according to the CEO.. that they took bonuses away as well as cutting every one's hourly back by 10 cents. (Is that even legal?)

Anyway, if the place closes I will be on the street. Not many places will hire a 50 year old male with back problems. Maybe I should do what I have been thinking all along... rob a bank. :mrgreen:

JesusPuppy Profile

Shann

Postby Shann » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:20 am

Well don't tell them you have back problems. I know it must be scary though, but I think you could get a job. How long have you been there? Another store would need you to do the same thing. Maybe you should look now just in case. Plus Walmart hires old dudes :tongue
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:50 pm

Looks like we all need to go to Oregon/Washington for a new reason...

Just to come home and THEN tell Pup we were there.

KIDDING!

Actually we need to go help him rob a bank. ;)
Dum Spiro Spero

Allison

Postby Allison » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:53 pm

I'm home, safe and sound, after being in Atlanta for my uncle's funeral. Nice ceremony, and I know he's with the Lord, so that's a comfort. I wasn't that close to him, but my mom's the only one left in her immediate family now, so I know it was hard for her. :(

deejay

Postby deejay » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:46 pm

Pup, you might want to check with your local Wage and Hour commission at the Department of Labor. And I think it's very suspicious that your CEO is deliberately running your store into the ground. I mean, if he closes every store, his job isn't very secure--unless he has a golden parachute and is itching to retire, but this is the stupid way to go. Are you represented by a union--not that they do much anymore for their members--but if so, you might want to talk to them about your concerns as well.
You can also check http://www.findlaw.com , which helps you find the laws in your state concerning wage and hour, etc..
Check out www.glassdoor.com; they have ratings and profiles of various company brass as well as companies. Maybe you can find out something on your CEO. You could also do a Google search of him and your company.

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:49 am

Allow me to clearify... I have no real proof, but these are the facts.

Our new CEO has only been with this company a relatively short time. Before that he was head of Albertsons. When he was hired there, his first action was to switch their company's distributor to SuperValue. No more than two years later Albertsons when bankrupt and had to sell. And you know who bought them out...? Supervalue.

Hired on at our company and the first thing he did... change distributors to Supervalue. Since switching, our company, numbering 45 stores altogether, went from making profit to losing, supposedly. The month before he took over as CEO, we got a profit-share bonus, the amount depended on how many hours you worked and how much you made per hour ( which we normally got once a year as well as our Christmas bonus). A month after, all bonuses were cancelled, and pay was cut to make up for "A major loss in funds" which took place because of the law suit with our old distributor for breaking their contract.

The new distributor... since changing, our store alone has about 20% loss due to damaged and outdated product. Another 10% due to costumors that no longer come to our store because of the difference in product and increased cost. Though the CEO keeps telling us that is normal, we only had about 5% lose with the other distributor, and most of that was with stuff that just didn't sell. SV sends us stuff that only has a month to go before it is outdate.

NO, I have no proof that the new CEO is getting paid by the new distributor, but it sure seems odd that he would cause this company to fight in court just to change over to a distributor that closed the last company he was with. What gets me most is that the upper executives in this company just don't see it.

Another thing he did was to buy up property around each of the stores. Ours is in a small shopping mall, the company had bought a quarter of the mall for 3 million, then the new CEO had them buy the rest for another 5 mil. Now... he is claiming the company is still losing money, and can't tell why. :roll: The whole mall is again up for sale.... for 4.5 million. And this is within a year of him buying the other part.

No there is no real proof that he is doing it just to ruin the company so SV can buy them out, but it sure seems odd to me. :roll:

On a better note... :mrgreen:

Rebecky wrote:Looks like we all need to go to Oregon/Washington for a new reason...

And I could just see you doing it. Come all the way to Bandon, taking pictures even, and tell me all about it... after you got home. :tongue

Shortstuff..? Did you two drive down, or fly?

JesusPuppy Profile

Allison

Postby Allison » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:03 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:Shortstuff..? Did you two drive down, or fly?

Well, it was four of us. Mom, Dad, my older brother, Mark, who lives with us also, and me. We drove. 12 hours each way with stops and traffic.

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby jaybird » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:41 pm

Rebecky wrote:Looks like we all need to go to Oregon/Washington for a new reason...

KIDDING!

Actually we need to go help him rob a bank. ;)

Hey, I'm already in Washington :superhappy
But you all would rather visit Amy or Pup in Oregon than me :( waaah! :violin
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"Why sweat the small stuff when it's really not a big stink" - my quote

http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

deejay

Postby deejay » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:58 pm

Pup, that really sounds suspicious. Have you talked with your co-workers about this? Any ideas of what to do--other than look for another job? Perhaps contact the clueless owners of what's going on, and prompt them to find out what's going on?

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler