To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

need challenging critique on work

Become a part of a Challenge Buddy Group today and work with other members to fine tune your entry (and help them do the same).

Moderators: Deb Porter, RedBaron

seabesco
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

need challenging critique on work

Postby seabesco » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:39 pm

I am new to this site as well as writing on a determined level. I have been using my voice for poetry most of my life and only dreamed of writing material that could have a social impact or shared philosophies that can come through the entertainment world. I was opting for science fiction or perhaps fantasy, but despite honest intentions could not find a focus and could only hope for a Christian message to share. My ideas were mainly of the "this really bothers me in the world". Recently (like in the last week,lol) I have turned in the direction of Children's Christian Fantasy books, and even have an idea for a series that I have a pretty focused ouline for. Lacking a college education, I am headed towards gaining experience before this venture. This site is one of my steps, so I am going to make some diligent attempts at some short series (probably not in the beginning for children, though definitely of the Christian variety) and hope for guidance from fellow writers, even if they are not of the more experienced sort, like me!!!!! I will post something for the challenge "black sheep of the family" though I am not entering just seeking experience and evaluation. I already have my outline. Please, if you have time, I know it is valuable, take a look at my work, and give feedback. Negative or positive. And I will do the same, I am an analytical and enthusiastic reader and at this moment have time. God Bless!!!

Shann

Re: need challenging critique on work

Postby Shann » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:17 pm

If you didn't enter the challenge, you may want to leave a link to your work as it is so hard to find on the site without a link. Also check out the Critique Circle. You won't get a lot of feedback, but it's a great place to get some.

The challenge is definitely the best place to get feedback. Once the judging is complete, usually over the weekend, Deb (the challenge director) will give an all-clear and you can throw a brick, which basically means you can leave a direct link to your story. Even if you didn't enter the challenge, but submitted your Black Sheep story under general submissions, you can still toss a brick and ask for feedback. Here is the brick link: viewforum.php?f=56

If you're new to FW, I also would really encourage you to check out Jan's thread. She is a seasoned writer and an experienced writer and gives generously of her time. The lessons on her thread are invaluable to beginner writers and Master writers. :D
viewforum.php?f=67

Good luck!
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

seabesco
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Re: need challenging critique on work

Postby seabesco » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:04 pm

Thank you for your valuable time and information. :coolsign

Return to Challenge Buddy Groups