To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

RiversidePeace
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby RiversidePeace » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:05 pm

Wouldn't a bath be better to lay down in? I have a BIG shower but I wouldn't lay down in it.

LOL!

Allison
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Postby Allison » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:23 pm

Shann wrote:Congratulations, Allison, for ranking 18 overall on the Exam challenge. You did a great job. Check it out : http://www.faithwriters.com/wc-article- ... p?id=46776

:coolsign :book2 :superhappy

Awww. Thanks! It's one of my "soap box" issues, and I consider it more of a "public service announcement" more than anything.
Isaiah 40:30-31 (NIV)

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:45 am

RiversidePeace wrote:Wouldn't a bath be better to lay down in?

I didn't shower laying down I took a shower and THEN went to lay down. Even used a heating pad. I wish I did still have me big tub, I love to soak in that. But when they chamged me to the smaller apartment.. back when me roof was leaking.. I had to make cut backs. Though as the landlord in out of state I was tempted to sneak in to my old place and turn the water heater on.

Ahh my old cast-iron clawfoot tub. I could put my propane cook stove under it and turn it into a single person hot-tub. :mrgreen:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:09 am

:(

Oh well, I guess I can watch some more Gilligan.

JesusPuppy Profile

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:13 pm

Getting rain and storms today. The Sky is Ominous!!
Dum Spiro Spero

deejay

Postby deejay » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:33 pm

We had Santa Ana winds a couple days ago, bringing warmer weather. But it's going to cool down, with a chance of showers for Wednesday.
Yesterday we had the pleasure of inviting volunteers with the Race for the Cure, which passes our church every year, to have donuts and bagels before the service. The teens even stayed for a testimony from one of our members, plus the first three worship songs before they had to leave to clean up after the race. Hopefully, they heard enough of God's love and mercy before leaving, and that they will ponder it in their hearts. No message, but we had two water baptisms, one for each service, and at the last minute a couple people came forward for baptism. We borrow a baptismal tank from another church.
We've begun the practice of having someone give their testimony before they pray for the service, which is very encouraging. Yes, I already did mine. I think it's in one of these posts.

Since October is Clergy Appreciation Month, we're doing something for Pastor Brian and Danielle every week this month. Yesterday we had a few people come up and tell what a blessing Pastor has been to them; next week we're going to be writing notes of appreciation, then the third week some will buy or cook dinner for them and take it to their house; and the last week we're raising money so Pastor and his family can go to Mexico for Pastor's brother's wedding next year.

Our teens came up with an idea to get plenty of candy for our Harvest Festival this Oct. 31; the kids go to their teachers and ask for help in getting candy for the church by making it a class project. Every year we've done this, we've had such a great turnout, we run out of candy. Except for one year, that is. I was trying to find "Jesus Saves" candy that I saw in Big Lots, but it wasn't there yesterday. That's the only place I saw it. Not happy! I hope they ran out because other churches bought it all, and not because some intolerant person demanded it be taken off the shelves.

Shann

Postby Shann » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:46 pm

JesusPuppy wrote::(

Oh well, I guess I can watch some more Gilligan.

SPOILER ALERT In the original series, they never get off the island, however, in a special about 11 years after cancellation, they did get rescued, but had a hard time fitting back into society so went on a reunion cruise and as fate would have it were once again shipwrecked on the same island. The following year, another movie was made, in which they were once again rescued, but this time the Howells turned the island into a vacation spot. Then in 1981 a third movie was made where the Globetrotters saved everyone from some villians.

As Becky and Dee Jay announced the weather is a changing. Sigh. I need another month or so to harvest things from my garden, though most have been destroyed by early frosts. I am almost done with editing the testimonies! Yay!

I hadn't slept in two weeks until last night I finally was able to get a couple of clumps of 3 hours together! Happy Dance. I'm still tired though. (See no explanation point at end of Dance)

I'm not sure if I mentioned that my minister had a triple bypass and will be out for 2 months. I miss him and need him. :( But am so thankful he pulled through! :D
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby jaybird » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:15 pm

Spoil Alert the Gilligan's Island castaways were actually in Hawaii.
Shann, I had always pronounced your name like Shawn and when Amy said Sh-ann is coming, I asked, "Who's that?" "Oh, Shann from the Rest-Stop!"

I didn't yell at Pup. Us men stick together. :wink: Even if he is scruffy looking! :bow

I recently started my own comic strip, starring yours truly! A guy transplanted in a comic strip! I'll post one: http://bitstrips.com/r/X3TQ7

A spectacular hail storm passed through. It thundered and the wind blew erratically; followed by pebble-size hail. The little willow trees were blown savagely. To my surprise, I spied one pretty bird taking shelter at the willow's trunk base. It was about the size of a robin with brown plumage and orange stripes on its wings. As the tree swayed with violence and the hail peppered it like a machine gun, the bird bobbed its head from the far side of the trunk, playing peek-a-boo or dodge ball. Another bird of the same description joined the melee at the trunk. The hail quit and the sun burst forth, breaking through dark gray clouds. Against the charcoal sky, a brilliant rainbow appeared with radiant purple bows. Then it was a double rainbow.
A blessing from God!
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"Why sweat the small stuff when it's really not a big stink" - my quote

http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

deejay

Postby deejay » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:56 pm

If you go to www.whatbird.com, it can help you identify the birds you saw.

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:27 am

No spoilers here. I watch Gilligan back when it was new, then through all the re-runs. Now I have the set. Three seasons, plus the three movies. Didn't like the Resort one, or the Globetrotters one. But liked the first "Movie" where they get off the island only to get shipwrecked again on the same island. Tooo funny. :lol:

Well.. it is time off again, and it looks nice out, so I might just go downtown for breakfast. Then too... maybe just a shower and a nap instead. :roll:

JesusPuppy Profile

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:39 am

More rain. :roll:

This time it'll be with us til sunday. I hope we don't get washed away...
Dum Spiro Spero

Shann

Postby Shann » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:04 pm

Ahh and I hoped I was ruining the ending for you. I do know what happened to Dr. Who...I'm actually one of the writers on the show and have written several years in the future. Do you want to know how he dies? His mailbox/phonebox/time travel thingie lands on him! :tongue

We missed the storm, not sure how but it's nice because my brussel sprouts need another month or so and I'm hoping the cold weather will stay away, but who am I kidding I live near Buffalo! When I was a kid, we used to snowmobile to Grandma's on Thanksgiving, but the wonky weather the last few years who knows!
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

RiversidePeace
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Postby RiversidePeace » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:31 pm

Rebecky wrote:More rain. :roll:

This time it'll be with us til sunday. I hope we don't get washed away...

Our first day of Spring yesterday was 39degrees Celius.Today and the weekend won't be much better. I don't mind it but many of the elderly and young children suffer in the extreme heat.

We have been in towns this time of year when the temp has reached high forties.

No rain in sight. Send some here.

Chrissy

Shann

Postby Shann » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:11 pm

Can we mail rain? :lol: I know that wasn't even slightly funny. I'm too tired and in too much pain to be full of wit, but I try (a little)

How are you feeling Chrissy? I know you were hit with a few whammies earlier this month. I hope things have calmed down.

And what about you ya old curmudgeon? :tongue You feeling any better?

Hugs and love to ya all curmudgeons and beauties alike. Speaking of beauties did I tell you that I looked in the mirror and decided I needed a change so I grabbed the shears and ended up chopping off like 4 inches of my hair. I'm not mentioning any names...but my friends said, "Hmmm..." and "Oh dear!" :? That was before they saw the pics!

Now I rarely show pics of myself or even let people take them, but my kids complained they have no pictures of me so I took this to show you my hair and so they can remember how pitiful I looked when I'm old and more pitiful. It's hard because at the height of my anorexia, I looked and thought that 90 something pound person was a fat cow so now that i've more than doubled the weight it's super hard for me to share, but here goes it.

I have no idea how to make it smaller or center so half of my face isn't cut off, so forgive my mug taking the whole page up. Look quick cuz I'll probably delete it soon.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:45 pm

A guy I knew was killed last night. He was only 28.

:|
Dum Spiro Spero

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler