To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Southern Porch Extension

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

deejay
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Southern Porch Extension

Postby deejay » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:05 pm

Lately, there have been ads on TV promoting Al-Jazeira news as the most balanced, factual news reporting. But isn't that an Islamic news agency? I have my suspicions. What does Al-Jazeira mean, anyway? Assuming I spelled it right.

Edy

Postby Edy » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:46 pm

Here are some links for you, DeeJay. You might like comparing a news story from several perspectives. I have done that in the past and been pleasantly surprised:

http://america.aljazeera.com/
http://www.jpost.com/Breaking-News/Obam ... own-327660
"Jesus Never Fails!" Love, Edy
The Gospel is such Good News even Christians don't believe it!
The Power of Story
We are the third temple! Acts 7:48, 1 Peter 2:4-5
Essentially Lutheran
My StoriesMy Blog:The Prairie Nightingale

ready2go

Postby ready2go » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:32 pm

deejay wrote:Lately, there have been ads on TV promoting Al-Jazeira news as the most balanced, factual news reporting. But isn't that an Islamic news agency? I have my suspicions. What does Al-Jazeira mean, anyway? Assuming I spelled it right.

I found this from the FAQ page on their website:

What is Al Jazeera America?
Al Jazeera America is a news, information, lifestyle and investigative journalism television channel and online news desk.

What does “Al Jazeera” Mean?
The name “Al Jazeera” means “peninsula.” Al Jazeera’s distinctive logo is said to resemble a drop of water. Its calligraphic design spells “Al Jazeera” in Arabic.

Apparently, Al Jazeera is a Arab owned and operated news network. They are claiming to present themselves, on the surface, as a balanced news source with stories that are of interest to the American public.

However, in my opinion they are Arab controlled, and probably Muslim (I'd bet the farm on that), with an underlying agenda to dominate/destroy America. Therefore, I am highly skeptical since it is likely one more way of promoting the virtues of Islam by gaining media acceptance in the mind of the public. Be warned! Not everything that might look good...is good.

I am reminded of the frog being slowly boiled in once-cool water - not realizing what is happening until it is too late. There are a hundred pots of water boiling as we speak. We the people are the mindless frogs in those pots.

Don
John 14:6
Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

"My Journey To Jesus"
http://faithwriters.com/article-details.php?id=41225

http://faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=18654

"The Israel Connection"
http://theisraelconnection.blogspot.com/

"I have a story to tell...the saving gospel to share...and the fire of the Holy Spirit burning deep within my soul."

Edy

Postby Edy » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:53 pm

The message of this hymn has been a comfort and encouragement to me since my youth, when I first discovered it. It is certainly appropriate for such a time as this:

I look not back, God knows the fruitless efforts
Author: Annie Johnson Flint

1. I look not back; God knows the fruitless efforts,
The wasted hours, the sinning, the regrets.
I leave them all with Him who blots the record,
And graciously forgives, and then forgets.

2. I look not forward; God sees all the future,
The road that, short or long, will lead me home,
And He will face with me its ev'ry trial,
And bear for me the burdens that may come.

3. I look not round me; then would fears assail me.
So wild the tumult of earth's restless seas,
So dark the world, so filled with woe and evil,
So vain the hope of comfort and of ease.

4. I look not inward; that would make me wretched;
For I have naught on which to stay my trust.
Nothing I see save failures and shortcomings,
And weak endeavors, crumbling into dust.

5. But I look up--into the face of Jesus,
For there my heart can rest, my fears are stilled;
And there is joy, and love, and light for darkness,
And perfect peace, and ev'ry hope fulfilled.

Source: The New Christian Hymnal #235
The Power of Story
Essentially Lutheran

Verna

Postby Verna » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:24 am

Greetings, porch friends, on this Friday morning. I'm sending up a prayer for the needs of all our porch members (even the lurkers!). I'm thankful for His grace and His blessings. I'm praying earnestly for all the leaders of our nation to make decisions based on God's Word and Christian principles and to seek and follow the wisdom of the one true God.
Verna

A merry heart doeth good like a medicine...
Proverb 17:22

Facebook author page: Verna Cole Mitchell
http://www.magnificomanuscripts.com/

BeachGrandma

Postby BeachGrandma » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:32 pm

One of our friends in Facebook and Faith Writers, Hanne Moon, told us that someone asked her to watch Al Jazeera America, even though it was a Muslim station. This person was either associated with the station or knew about it first hand, but the impression left with Hanne was that there was no doubt who was behind it and running it.
Mariane Holbrook

ready2go

Postby ready2go » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:31 am

I have always attended church (several of them) for as long as I can remember.

From when I was knee high to a grasshopper to age 20, I went to a Presbyterian Church (OPC) in a small town farming community in South Dakota. I got saved in that church at age 16 and, by the way, I have a great story about that momentous occasion.

Then at age 20 I moved to Minneapolis to attend college. For the next 8-10 years my church was the First Baptist Church (IBC) in downtown Mpls. - the church where Carol and I were married almost 50 years ago in November 1963.

When our kids were very young we changed to a church closer to our home. The church was Cross of Glory Baptist Church (BGC) in Hopkins, MN where we were involved and served for over 30 years.

About 7 years ago I changed to Twin City Fellowship Church - a nearby non-denominational Bible church with expository Bible preaching. After 2 years I stopped going there because I needed to be home with Carol to provide for her on-going caregiver needs.

Then, in April of this year very soon after the Lord called her Home, I began to attend the traditional service at Grace Church of Eden Prairie, MN. - another non-denominational, expository Bible preaching church that has a clear focus on the saving gospel message and discipleship. I haven't missed their Sunday morning service in over 6 months, and have become involved with 2 of their group gatherings. I was asked to speak (40 min.) at one of them, and am scheduled to speak a different message at another one soon. Also, they want me to repeat my 40 minute talk with a 3rd group.

In spite of all the churches I have attended, this is the first time in my life that I can hardly wait for Sunday mornings when I can join together again with caring, like-minded believers to worship and sing praises to our Savior and Lord. :superhappy

May God bless you as you seek His face on this Lord's day.

Don
Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

"My Journey To Jesus"

"The Israel Connection"

"I have a story to tell...the saving gospel to share...and the fire of the Holy Spirit burning deep within my soul."

Edy

Postby Edy » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:57 pm

I'm so glad for you, Don, and praising the Lord for bringing you to such a fellowship, where your heart has found its home-family.

This came through to me to condense for our congregation's prayer links. This young woman was recently detained by authorities in her home country, and her testimony is too precious not to share in its entirety. Though it printed out to three pages, I think your hearts will be touched to pray for Sophie, too.

Dear friends in God, 10/2/13
I'd like to share a little more about my situation and praise His name with you because everything we have belongs to Him. We belong to God!

Honestly, this month was very hard for me. It was full of joy, tears and, of course, with busyness! I needed to finish translating the daily devotional I've been working on because it is blessing believers so much. Everybody wants to get the new one before the new month even starts, but I was late with it because of so many other things.

People come to my home and I need to give them time, and I have church meetings. One day someone called for me to come, and then a second person called me at the same time. They both needed help. Come and pray for my mommy because she is sick....Come and spend time with people who have been persecuted....Why don't you come spend time with us like you did before? You are getting selfish because you are not acting like before. This is what I heard from people I know. I was busy ironing my clothes and I remembered Mother Theresa's words:

"People are often unreasonable, irrational, and self-centered. Forgive them anyway. If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives. Be kind anyway. If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies. Succeed anyway. If you are honest and sincere, people may deceive you. Be honest and sincere anyway."

Then I went to visit Intercession because she needed help. When I was on the metro I just started crying and I was not able to hide it. I was feeling sorry for myself. Why don't people ever think about or understand me? Why don't they try to understand that I don't even have time for myself? What makes people think that I have enough time for everything?

While I was feeling sad in my heart, suddenly heaven opened up and I heard the Heavenly Father singing to me. It was very loud, but very pleasant. I don't understand why other people couldn't hear it because it was so loud. "Zulfia , my Zulfia" (of course it was in my language - only two words "Zulfia, my Zulfia"). He was singing to me and encouraging me by saying, "Even if there is nobody to encourage you, I am your encourager; I am the one who understands you; I am the one who watches over you; I am your teacher and leader; I see you! You are MINE!" WOW, God is singing for me and He knows me by name (Isa 54:4). Was it really God or what? Anyway I was encouraged. The Father knows that what I am doing is only for Him. If there is nobody here for me, He is here for me!

It was the best comforting time, right in front of all the people around me. Unfortunately, these people don't know the living and loving Father! My darkest moments were filled with joy! I didn't share this with anybody here, only with you all; but please don't think that I am more special than other people. No, no! I am just an ordinary and simple girl. Everybody likes to receive hugs and encouragement and I thought I didn't have anybody to hug me or encourage me, but I (we) have an all-knowing Father! He still speaks and sings for His children! He didn't stop singing until I got to my friend's. He loves and cares for us; what a wonderful Father we have! It is good to praise the Lord in every circumstance!

One day I had a trance or dream. In my dream, black spirits were all around me and I was very scared. I prayed about this, but God told me to stay alert with my prayers.

One day when I was at home I had a phone call. Somebody needed money. I remember that day that I didn't even eat my lunch because I really wanted to finish my translation work, and I was late because I had guests. I went out late in the day with just $10, my cell phone and one little English book called Bible Wisdom. It wasn't a Bible, but most of the words are from the Bible. When I went to the metro, a policeman stopped me to inspect my bag. He saw my book and read "Bible." I told him it wasn't a Bible, just some words from the Bible - only quotes of wisdom words. But he said, "Follow me."

So I followed him to the underground of the metro station. Then other policemen came. They called each other and after a few minutes there were five of them there. They told me to go wait for them in another room. I went out while they were checking over my book and discussing what to do with me. I had a peace in my heart! I was praying in tongues. What a day!

Then they called me and asked who gave me the book...and where I met that person. They sent me out to a dark room again, and I remembered my dream. One police who checked me called me in again and asked me many questions. What countries have you been to? Where do you live? What do you do? What is your religion? Then they said, We have to call the KGB. The officer came and also asked me a lot of questions. They took my book outside and checked it again. One little man who asked me a lot of questions, I saw Satan in him. Yes, I saw Satan in him; a black spirit. God opened my eyes and I saw the Satan. He wanted to know everything about me. Then the important question:

Why did you change your religion?
"I don't believe in religion. I don't like religion."

Who told you about Jesus? When did you come to Jesus?
"No one told me about Jesus! He came to my home and He was wearing white clothes and I even showed Him to my mommy. Jesus came to my home. I didn't invite him. I was sick and Jesus healed me!"

(They wanted to find the person who led me to Jesus so they could put him in prison; but how can they put our Jesus in prison?!!) Everybody listened to my testimony! They didn't say anything. Everybody was silent! After that, the police whom Satan was using said:
- Why didn't you go to the witch doctor? What did your parents say about you following Jesus?
(It is our law that if your parents do not agree with your ways you are in trouble. They wanted to trap me this way.)

- "Nobody was able to help me. My parents were the most blessed people because of me - because I was healed and I was happy! They were so blessed and happy from my life!" (He became very angry for what I said!) Then I continued, "Then listen to what Jesus did again to us. My sister had a skin disease, and I laid my hands on her and she was healed!"

Then He told me to stop! Other people came and started telling bad words: Don't read the Bible...You are a bad citizen...Who gave you a Bible? (Now they want to catch that person because giving a Bible to someone else is against the law.) I told the name of the person who gave me a Bible but that he moved to Russia. (He has now become a U.S. citizen and lives with his family in the U.S., so they cannot do anything to him). He became even angrier because he cannot catch him.

Then they wanted to know:
Which countries have you been to? I told them some of the country names, but not all of them. They said, Who paid you money? What did you study in the U.S.? How did you go to these countries? ...What dates were you there, and which borders did you cross? Their questions broke my heart.

Then the most dangerous moment came. Who comes to your home? Who are your friends and what are their addresses? With whom do you live? Which church do you go to?  I said, "I am not going to tell you!"

That policeman stood up and became aggressive - very, very angry! He started screaming at me loudly and told me first to sit, then stand up, sit, walk, stand up..(Satan knows that I was weak. My body was so heavy for me that day.) When he was screaming, I was so afraid that I wasn't able to say anything. I was sweating because of lack of air and almost fainting, so I didn't hear what they were saying. Then I saw the face of Jesus. He breathed on me and gave me air. I was okay again and refreshed. I said "thanks" to Jesus - but the policemen didn't see anything!

I felt like a little lamb surrounded by wolves! I felt so weak because I couldn't do or say anything in front of these angry men, so many people for one girl. More questions: Do you have a computer
in your home? Where do you use your internet? Which books have you read? What's your parents' address, your address and phone number? (I gave them a cell number I never use because they forced me to answer their question.)

Where is your Bible at the moment? ....it was too much! I was afraid, really, really afraid. What would I do if they just come to my apartment? I have so many printed copies of books that I have translated, Bibles, my computer. That makes me a most dangerous person. If they catch me I would go to prison right away.

Three policemen came and checked my small bag but they didn't see my cell phone! They said, She doesn't have anything in her bag. That was the most wonderful miracle, because all my friends' names and numbers are there! God is wonderful!

Even when they were angry with me I understood that everything is under God's control! After four hours, the main KGB called the police and told them to let me go and to not take anything from me. So, they gave my book back to me! But, the little policeman (whom I saw Satan in) said I have more questions. Everybody else wanted me to go, but this one really made me angry, too. Where is your Bible at the moment?

His question really hurt me deeply! They forced me to sign a document that says I won't complain about the police. Yes, I said in my heart, complaining is a sin even in MY book, so I agree. I will NEVER complain for what you did for me! You all needed to hear about Jesus!

When I got out from the underground metro, my mind was so confused and I was so afraid that I lost my way, but then I heard His voice again, Don't be afraid. They will not come to your home!

I called my pastor and told him everything! He came at 11pm and took the printer with him and I hid all the Christian books. I was happy that he came and was ready to help me. His family prayed for me. The next day, God sent Intercession to spend time with me. She knows what to do and how to talk with people who have been persecuted...she has passed this way. I think and I hope I heard God's voice, and I hope they never come to my home.

Prayer needs:
1. If two people agree on one thing it shall be given to us. I need a miracle here. O.K. Let's all say, In the name of Jesus Christ, may the name of ZULFIA Qodirova be removed or erased from the police list and may they never bother her anymore!  If my name is on their list it means I can NEVER EVER go outside of my country again - even if I have an exit visa. (That doesn't matter for this country.)
2. They know that I live by myself. They might think that I am a prostitute. May they never come to my home.
3. May I be sensitive to the Holy Spirit. They might send a needy or sick person to me to catch me because they know that I am Christian. If I share the Gospel with them, they can make a problem for me, so I HAVE TO be led by His Spirit.
4. Pray for protection for my family, as well, because I gave them their address. May they not check them.
5. Pray for protection for my cell church. It is growing and now I have to be careful with home meetings.
6. I need wisdom and, honestly, pray for healing for my soul. Pray that I might be like a little child. A little child easily forgets the hurt, always lives with a new day. Otherwise, it is hard for me to follow Jesus. I may be able to love and forgive all the policemen who hurt me, but I still feel scars in my heart toward those men.
7. Pray for me to have some enjoyment - not just work all the time. Pray for good sleep - without worry or fear.

Thanks very much for your support and prayers. You never know what your prayers can be. It can be breath for someone, it can be boldness, courage, safety, wisdom, protection. I can feel a lot of prayers and it is like the wind. It refreshes and gives the strength to move forward. I may not be able to give you attention or send you emails on time, but Jesus rewards you for what you do for His little children. He never forgets what you do for Him. May He kiss your heart with His word and fill you all with His joy!

God bless you all and I love you all,
Sophie
The Power of Story
Essentially Lutheran

RiversidePeace
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Postby RiversidePeace » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:26 am

Don, doesn't it feel great to be part of a church like that?

While Norm was in the full-time Air Force, we moved 20 times across 3 eastern states of Australia. One of the most difficult thing to do when relocating was to find a church for all the family. Some churches had a Clayton's Sunday School while others only had a Bible Study group for 6 weeks of the year. Youth Groups were a rareity unless we ran the group ourselves.

Sunday services, well we've experience some doozies. And, unless we were pew warmers for 6 months at many places, we didn't even get to take up the offering or hand out hymn books. Sometime we were only in the town for 12 months.

Praise God, when we returned to Sydney on his last posting, we found a wonderful church the first visit. Now I didn't say perfect. I dare say I would ruin a perfect church.

We feel very blessed and have been at this church now for 4 years come February 2014.

Blessing to you. Don.

Chrissy

BeachGrandma

Postby BeachGrandma » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:50 am

Chrissy, your posting reminded me of something that happened a few years ago in central North Carolina where we lived before retiring at the beach 200 miles away.

One of our friend told us that when she first moved to that city, before we met her, she and her husband visited several churches to try to find a church home. When they attended the largest church in town (over 3,000 members), a spacious, well-appointed, moneyed church where the rich and famous of the city were usually found, they arrived in time for Sunday School so asked at the information desk to be directed to an adult Bible class. The lady at the desk turned to her companion beside her and asked,

"Helen, do you know if we have any Bible classes for adults?"

Helen pursed her lips in a thoughtful gesture, remained silent, then said, "Wait a minute. I'll ask Gordon; he should know."

She signaled for the usher to come over and proceeded to ask him where the adult Bible class was meeting.

He thought for a moment then replied, "Well, let's see. There's a Marriage Counseling class down there in Room 8, then "Settling Political Differences the Christian Way," across from that, then "Budget Management" (taught by Max Meeks, in room 11. I think John Coble still teaches "Growing Old Gracefully," in room 13, and if I'm not mistaken, Charles Culler still teaches a class on "Choose Your Insurance Plan Carefully." I'm not sure if there's a Bible class or not but if we can find enough people interested, I'm sure the Sunday School superintendent would start one. By the way, are you interested in teaching a Bible class?

By then, our friend decided this wasn't the church they were looking for, thanked them for their kindness and fled to the parking lot.

Lest you think this is a joke, let me assure you it actually happened!
Mariane Holbrook

Edy

Postby Edy » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:23 am

"...Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof...." comes to mind. The worst example/experience of mine came from attending another congregation for a special father and son baptismal event. The message we heard would have made for an interesting public radio book review. I kept waiting for her to get to the point, as in "of course, apart from Christ we can do nothing. That's where we see the Holy Spirit at work in and through us, when we recognize our helplessness."

No, she got to the end of the sermon and basically told everyone, "Now, go do it." What a let down! She dumped a burden on everyone and gave no encouragement that we aren't in this world on our own. I guess you could call it a Humanist message - ie man is the measure of everything.

But, I wasn't the only member of the family sorely disappointed (thankfully we heard the Gospel from another pastor who performed the baptism). My brother Philip Melanchthon, named for Martin Luther's best friend, was steaming. I could almost see the steam shooting out of his ears. He growled, doing his best to keep his voice down:

"I am so SICK of these social-service sermons! She didn't name the Name of Jesus even once!"

True story, can you imagine? Any wonder that the institutional church seems to be on death row?

"For the time has come for judgment to begin with the household of God; and if it begins with us, what will be the end of those who do not obey the gospel of God?" 1 Peter 4:17 RSV
The Power of Story
Essentially Lutheran

RiversidePeace
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Postby RiversidePeace » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:43 pm

BeachGrandma wrote:
Lest you think this is a joke, let me assure you it actually happened!

I believe you. We have experienced some churches who only have a Bible Study class if interest is there. One place needed 6 people before they would start one. We were the only 2. We were looked upon as aliens and suggest we attended Bible College. "After all, that's what they were for."

Edy wrote:
No, she got to the end of the sermon and basically told everyone, "Now, go do it." What a let down! She dumped a burden on everyone and gave no encouragement that we aren't in this world on our own. I guess you could call it a Humanist message - ie man is the measure of everything.

Yes, and nothing urks me more when a preacher is afraid to use the words blood or death. "After all, we don't want to frighten people away."

How sad. How many church goers believe they are 'Christian' and 'work hard at it' and not know about Jesus and His love for us. He loved us so much that he 'bled' and 'died' for us. How can people experience His 'grace' without knowing the 'how' and 'why''?

During my years of pastoral visitation, especially in nursing homes, the number of people who come to the realisation that they need to be saved by God's saving grace and that it's as simple as grace, is frightening. It breaks my heart to see the stricken tears of those who say "if only I knew" or "if only I had been told". The burden is great until they pray a prayer of forgiveness and salvation comes no matter who is at fault. Their life long dedication to God's work was wonderful but how awesome would it have been if they KNEW Jesus.

I have learned the Word of God says when it speaks about leaders and teachers being more responsible for the souls of their congregation. (I'm not sure of the actual verse without looking it up)

I pray daily for those entrusted into my care and if they do not know Jesus personally, that the Holy Spirit will show me so I may lead these dear people to Himself in their final days. That's so important to me.

ready2go

Postby ready2go » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:56 pm

RiversidePeace wrote:During my years of pastoral visitation, especially in nursing homes, the number of people who come to the realisation that they need to be saved by God's saving grace and that it's as simple as grace, is frightening. It breaks my heart to see the stricken tears of those who say "if only I knew" or "if only I had been told". The burden is great until they pray a prayer of forgiveness and salvation comes no matter who is at fault. Their life long dedication to God's work was wonderful but how awesome would it have been if they KNEW Jesus.

I have learned the Word of God says when it speaks about leaders and teachers being more responsible for the souls of their congregation. (I'm not sure of the actual verse without looking it up)

Perhaps this is the verse:

James 3:1

NKJV
My brethren, let not many of you become teachers, knowing that we shall receive a stricter judgment.

ESV
Not many of you should become teachers, my brothers, for you know that we who teach will be judged with greater strictness.

NASB
Let not many of you become teachers, my brethren, knowing that as such we will incur a stricter judgment.

NIV
Not many of you should become teachers, my fellow believers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly.

Yes, it's sad that many people know ABOUT Him, but few truly KNOW Him. Also, I believe there are many Pastors/teachers who only know about Him, and are leading people down the path to spiritual death.

Don

"My Journey To Jesus"

"The Israel Connection"

RiversidePeace
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Postby RiversidePeace » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:54 pm

Yes Don. Thats the verse.

Chrissy

deejay

Postby deejay » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:45 pm

Too many churches are also afraid to teach on Hell, too. Then there are the social justice churches, that spend too much time fighting for social justice, and hardly if ever teach the Bible or salvation. Churches were never meant to be "bless me clubs". Look to Jesus as our example. He never went out preaching that the government needed to do more to lift the poor and needy out of their circumstances--the Bible says much about how God protects the poor and needy; look at the widow with the two mites--nor did He try to overthrow the Roman government. He went after people's hearts and souls, winning them for His Kingdom. He met them where they were, and helped them more than any social program or change of government ever could have.

In a recent copy of the Christian Business and Professional Directory, sometimes called the Christian Yellow Pages, there was the story of a lifesaving organization that had a shack and a rowboat to rescue people from shipwrecks that happened frequently along the shore. Then the community, grateful for their service, got them new boats and built them a new building. It got to the point where members made it into a club, with a rowboat and other rescue items to display their origins. When a shipwreck occurred, there was a diverse group of people who were rescued. So they built showers outside for these people to use. Later it got to the point when some members demanded they stop being a social club and get back to the business of rescuing shipwrecked people, they club members kicked them out. So these people built themselves a new shack, used their rowboat, and rescued people while the club smugly praised themselves for their past rescues and how they were better than those who actually rescued people. But before that, many people drowned while the club members did nothing for them.
Sadly, that's what churches are turning into--but not ours. We're in the trenches, and the enemy hates us and tries to attack, but we have Jesus on our side.

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler