To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Southern Porch Extension

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

RiversidePeace
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Re: Southern Porch Extension

Postby RiversidePeace » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:04 pm

Later... have fun. It's Sunday here and I'm off to church.

mmmmm...I wonder where we'll go for lunch. :P

ready2go
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Postby ready2go » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:22 pm

RiversidePeace wrote:
ready2go wrote:And another thing...

Tonight hundreds of their friends will show up and mess up my kitchen again.

Don

Perhaps they would make a good side-dish. :lol:

Yes, of course!!! A little protein would be good!

They should probably be toasted under the broiler for a few seconds to add a nice crunch component to the side dish.

However, it might take several hundred of them to make a spoonful. :?

Don
John 14:6
Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

"My Journey To Jesus"
http://faithwriters.com/article-details.php?id=41225

http://faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=18654

"The Israel Connection"
http://theisraelconnection.blogspot.com/

"I have a story to tell...the saving gospel to share...and the fire of the Holy Spirit burning deep within my soul."

Edy

Postby Edy » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:44 pm

Okay, I'm voting for Don and Chrissy to take their show on the road. I'm not sure which one is "bad cop" and which is "good cop," but they sure know how to bring out the rascal in each other. :lol:
"Jesus Never Fails!" Love, Edy
The Gospel is such Good News even Christians don't believe it!
The Power of Story
We are the third temple! Acts 7:48, 1 Peter 2:4-5
Essentially Lutheran
My StoriesMy Blog:The Prairie Nightingale

ready2go

Postby ready2go » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:00 pm

Wait...not so fast! I demand a re-count! :cop

Don
Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

"My Journey To Jesus"

"The Israel Connection"

"I have a story to tell...the saving gospel to share...and the fire of the Holy Spirit burning deep within my soul."

BeachGrandma

Postby BeachGrandma » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:06 am

I'm all for Chrissy and Don putting the show on the road. The last time I activated my funny bone was when I hit it on the edge of the television and ended up in a fetal position on the floor screaming in mindless pain. Why is it that when you've hurt yourself with what you're sure is a final blow, your husband calls from the other room, "Are you okay?" The only thing that gets his attention is if I yell, "No, I'm practicing my Phantom Of The Opera scream. Go back to sleep." :helpwobble :helpwobble :cry2

Back to Don's question about why they drizzle chocolate around the plate to make a fine "presentation."
The chef does that for one reason: so he can watch some fat guy lift the plate up to lick off the chocolate, unaware that some of it still remains on the tip of his nose. Ewe, ugh, shiver, shake.
:heehee :heehee :heehee :heehee :orangeyes :orangeyes :rolling
"I long, O I long to be holy, conformed to His will and His Word.
I long to be gentle and Christ-like; I long to be just like my Lord."

Mariane Holbrook

Verna

Postby Verna » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:13 am

I enjoyed the Don and Chrissy Show. Don, some of your gnats family missed the funeral. They'd wandered south!

Hope you all have an outstanding week--in a good way!
Verna

A merry heart doeth good like a medicine...
Proverb 17:22

Facebook author page: Verna Cole Mitchell
http://www.magnificomanuscripts.com/

Edy

Postby Edy » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:12 am

Good morning, funny friends. :P

Here's the link to a most favorite number from our yesterday's worship service to lift your hearts this morning:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIy-apqSVuo

Wonderful, merciful Savior
Precious Redeemer and Friend
Who would have thought that a Lamb
Could rescue the souls of men
Oh you rescue the souls of men

Counselor, Comforter, Keeper
Spirit we long to embrace
You offer hope when our hearts have
Hopelessly lost the way
Oh, we've hopelessly lost the way
You are the One that we praise
You are the One we adore
You give the healing and grace
Our hearts always hunger for
Oh, our hearts always hunger for

Almighty, infinite Father
Faithfully loving Your own
Here in our weakness You find us
Falling before Your throne
Oh, we're falling before Your throne

Written by: Dawn Rodgers and Eric Wyse, 1989
Sung By: Selah
"Jesus Never Fails!" Love, Edy
The Gospel is such Good News even Christians don't believe it!
The Power of Story
We are the third temple! Acts 7:48, 1 Peter 2:4-5
Essentially Lutheran
My StoriesMy Blog:The Prairie Nightingale

deejay

Postby deejay » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:23 pm

I looked at the cookbook I used; it actually is a Betty Crocker cookbook, not a Better Homes and Gardens one. I hate getting senile.
Recently, I was going through my purse to remove stuff I didn't need/use, and came upon an AMEX gift card I'd bought and used online earlier this year. I checked the balance, and it still had $30.07 left on it. Bonus! Yesterday I used it to buy a magazine, and it's disappeared! I know I put it back in the same place I took it out of; I distinctly remember watching myself put it back. I didn't open that section of my purse again from the time I left the store until I got home and discovered it missing. I've gone through every compartment of my purse, my backpack--even though there's no way it could've gotten in there--and I never put it in my pockets.
Pastor Brian has been teaching on the 7 Laws of the Harvest, and yesterday he was saying how when we're about to achieve a goal or a victory, the enemy comes in and attacks.
He was saying how one time his two little daughters once had a pet rat, and they had two hound dogs as well. Whenever they would leave the house, they would lock the door of the room the rat's cage was in, so the dogs wouldn't go after it.
One day they came home late, the girls were asleep, and they unlocked the bedroom door to put the girls to bed. They noticed that the dogs were in the room, and were sniffing in a corner of the closet. The rat's cage was empty. Pastor took the dogs out and went to see what was going on. He found the rat in the closet, shaking with fright. His wife Danielle tried to take the rat to the vet to see if it was okay, but it died of a heart attack before she could do so. Next morning, Pastor had to tell his little girls that their rat had died.
This was clearly the attack of the enemy, directed at his daughters, and it made Pastor Brian mad. I mean, how else could the dogs have gotten into the locked room?

I believe the enemy took my AMEX gift card because having an unexpected $30 was a victory for me, and he couldn't stand it. Please pray I get it back, or otherwise receive a miraculous financial blessing.

BeachGrandma

Postby BeachGrandma » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:32 am

America, this is our future. This is so frightening.
http://www.youtube.com/embed/A3YQANdvvbY

Mariane Holbrook

BeachGrandma

Postby BeachGrandma » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:34 am

DJ, $30.00 is no small change any more. I'll pray you find it!

Mariane Holbrook

BeachGrandma

Postby BeachGrandma » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:36 am

Every year along our beach here in North Carolina (and at so many thousands of other beaches), folks gather in shifts from May-October all during the days and nights waiting for the baby turtles to break through their shells and run toward the ocean. Unless someone is there watching, seagulls and other seabirds can swoop down and carry them off. Another big problem is that sometimes the baby turtles get their direction mixed up and hurry up the sand dunes to the highway where so many get run over by vehicles. All night long groups of people here will sit around mounds in the sand where it looks like eggs are nearing the end of their 60-day incubation. These volunteers are passionate about their watch. (open attachment above) As you'll see in the video, they can get to the water pretty fast but still many are lost en route. A female sea turtle will lay on average about 100 eggs the size of a ping pong ball. Some experts say only 1 out of 1,000 will survive to adulthood.

Here is a great video of the hatching process and the rush toward the ocean by the hatchlings. Don't feel you have to watch it all. But it's an exciting thing to be part of the watch dog groups who try hard to preserve this endangered species:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=14 ... =2&theater

And here is a Google page to read more about this phenomenon if you're interested: http://www.seaturtle.org/groups/ncwrc/overview.html

Mariane Holbrook

RiversidePeace
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Postby RiversidePeace » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:40 am

BeachGrandma wrote:America, this is our future. This is so frightening.

Nasty.

We have problems here too. :(

ready2go

Postby ready2go » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:01 am

BeachGrandma wrote:America, this is our future. This is so frightening.

I might get in trouble for posting this, but if so, then so be it. People need to know the truth.

Did you know that the Muslim Brotherhood is aggressively engaged in an effort called “The Project”, which is an organized plan to dominate Europe and the United States? “The Project” encompasses four major categories used to achieve their goal of control by Islamic Sharia Law.

Immigration and overwhelming birth rates
Muslims are continuing to immigrate into our country by the hundred of thousands. Their birth rate out-paces ours by a factor of at least 4-5:1 and will soon achieve population superiority. As they gain strength in numbers, their demands for visibility and tolerance will increase exponentially, and from a hundred different directions. That is happening here now, and will become worse.

Proselytism
This involves converting infidels (all non-Muslims) by relentless promotion of the religious facet of Islam. The lie that Islam is a peaceful religion is being used widely to gain acceptance. With Islam, peace can only be achieved after all infidels either convert or are killed.

Establish mosques and Islamic Centers
As mosques and Islamic Centers are established, Islam makes the claim that they “own” the surrounding area extending to wherever the calls for Islamic prayers can be heard. The facilities are a symbol of victory. Once an area has been claimed by them, they will never give it up. Those established areas have increased in number at an alarming rate in recent years. Look around...there is probably one near you.

Infiltrate government, legal, financial, education systems, etc.
Islam is not simply a religion, but rather, is a life system comprised of many facets including military, political, financial, legal, government, family, social, education, religion, and more. A few will press toward dominance with force using guns, bombs, and violence. Others will blend-in and dominate by being good neighbors, good soccer moms, and good employees. Still others will, among other things, enter local and national politics, our education systems, our legal systems, our financial systems, and our communication systems. They all have the same common goal of infiltration and control for domination, and are using our tolerant and politically correct mentality to their advantage. Under Islam, lying to infidels is permissible to further the cause of their god Allah.

Aside from Islam, also consider this:
The average age of the world's greatest civilizations from the beginning of history has been about 200 years. The USA has reached the 237 year mark. During the 200 year average life, the collapsed nations have always progressed through the following stages ultimately leading to their collapse:

1) From bondage to spiritual faith;
2) From spiritual faith to great courage;
3) From courage to liberty;
4) From liberty to abundance;
5) From abundance to selfishness;
6) From selfishness to complacency;
7) From complacency to apathy;
8 ) From apathy to dependence;
9) From dependence back to bondage.

I believe our nation is currently positioned between stages #7 and #9. Sadly, the USA’s collapse is inevitable, and it will happen very soon. Those who believe the USA is still in stages #3 and #4 are living in their own fantasy world, and are not in tune with the reality of real life.

Don

"My Journey To Jesus"

"The Israel Connection"

ready2go

Postby ready2go » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:21 pm

BRIEF SUMMARY OF ISLAM VS CHRISTIANITY

Many claiming to be Bible believing Christians believe that our God of the Bible and Allah, the imaginary god of Islam, are one and the same. Nothing could be further from the truth. Allah is simply the Arabic name for their chosen god – a god that Mohammad selected from among their original 360 Arabic gods worshiped – one god for each day of the year. The Christian Bible and the Islamic Qur'an are in direct opposition concerning their theologies. The Bible is God’s holy inspired Word of Truth, while the Qur'an is a Satan inspired book of deceit.

Allow me bring just a few things to your attention.

* John 3:16 is one of the most quoted and loved verses in Scripture. From John 3:16, God loves all people of the world. Islam claims that Allah only looks upon Muslims with favor. (How can that be if they are the same?)

* Our God gave His only begotten Son. Islam claims that Allah had no son. (How can that be if they are the same?)

* Jesus, the Son of God, is God, the second Person of the Trinity, Who created all things. Islam claims that their jesus is an Allah created prophet. (How can that be if they are the same?)

* Our God sent His Son to die for mankind who choose to believe on Him. Islam demands that mankind must submit to Allah, and must die for Allah. (How can that be if they are the same?)

* Our God gives assurance of salvation for believers. Allah gives no such promise unless his followers are killed for advancing the cause of Islam. (How can that be if they are the same?)

* Our God promises believers eternal life with Him in heaven. Islam only claims that Allah will provide 72 virgins in an afterlife for those martyred for him. (How can that be if they are the same?)

* Our God desires that Christians pray for unbelievers and share the Good News of the gospel with them. Islam’s Allah teaches that infidels must convert to Islam by force, and that all who do not bow to Allah must be killed. (How can that be if they are the same?)

Believing that our God and the pagan god, Allah, of Islam are one and the same is blasphemy against His holy Name. The Bible states that blasphemers will not enter through the gates of heaven. That thought should place great fear and trembling in your heart and mind as never before. There is only one true God, our God of the Bible, and there is none other (Ref: Isaiah 45:5-6, 14, 18, 21; Isaiah 46:9)

Don

"My Journey To Jesus"

"The Israel Connection"

deejay

Postby deejay » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:21 pm

And to think in my day, we thought Communism would be the one world government.
At Marcher Lord Press, there's a series of books based on when Sharia law is the only law, and starting with the first book, " A Star Curiously Singing", a slave named Sandfly, a debugger who destroys everything non-Islamic, comes to Christ through something he encounters. God will not be dethroned by anyone or anything.

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler